Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tmobile Phones on Straight Talk

Feedback Score

Tmobile Phones on Straight Talk

I would looking at picking up an HD2 and a mytouch4g, they would both still be locked to T-Mobile network. Would i be able to use these devices on ST with the e71 sims? Would they also be able to recieve 3g speed or edge only?

Thanks

Phones
    Nokia N8
    Captivate
    Defy (MB525)
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Yes you would get 3G on Straight Talk with the MyTouch 4G, because it uses AT&T 3G bands. However, the MyTouch 4G would need to be unlocked to get 3G, or service for that matter.

HD2 only has T-Mobile 3G. I am running a Defy on ST, and I am receiving 3G with the AT&T 3G 850 MHz band..

Edit: I actually take that back.. I am receiving 3G with T-Mobile towers, along with AT&T 3G with the 850 MHz band.
    Last edited by BassAddict; 04-16-2011 at 12:58 AM.
    You can either eat the two peanuts I gave to you, or crush them..

- I'm bout to show a city slicker how to kick it in the sticks -

Feedback Score
    Ok so then i need to find an unlocked GSM that supports 3G on the 850mhz Freq? I thought that Tmobile was one of the cell providers for ST, so are they only providing Voice and Txt?

Phones
    Nokia N8
    Captivate
    Defy (MB525)
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    You can buy an unlocked phone, or you can buy a locked AT&T or T-Mobile phone (I bought a locked T-Mobile), and then get it unlocked. If you buy a T-Mobile phone, make sure it has 850 mhz band, at least. AT&T 3G uses 850/1900 bands. T-Mobile 3G uses 1700/2100 bands.

I am "roaming" on T-Mobile (and Einstein towers) at home, and I get to use data. So, I would assume then that I get to use 3G on T-Mobile. I am traveling to an area that has both AT&T and T-Mobile 3G, so I will run the tower software and see what towers I am using for the 3G on the Moto Defy and give an update.

I made a mistype on the post above. I meant I am running on T-Mobile 2G, because T-Mobile only has 2G in my area.

Phones
    White Galaxy S5 & White iPhone 6
    LG G-Flex, Nexus 4, Nexus 5
    Carrier
    T-Mobile & AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    T-Mobile only uses Band 4/1700.

AT&T has PCS only towers and areas so for the most 3G coverage you want a 1900 phone but you should be ok.
    Google+
    Happy T-Mobile Customer since '09
    Content AT&T Customer since '12

Feedback Score
    So what if i get a Nokia N8 or the Dell Streak, the i would be able to use/roam on both of their 3g networks since the bands are supported by those phones?

Feedback Score
    OK i think i have this figured out now. If i use an Unlocked Samsung Vibrant, i should be able to receive t-mobile and att 3G signals in my area. Is this correct since the Vibrant uses 1700/1900/2100 for 3G?

thanks

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    AT&T Mobility uses 850 MHz in some areas for 3G.
    Earl F. Parrish

Feedback Score
    from what i saw on wireless adviser it looks as though at&t uses the 1900mhx band for 3g in the SoCal area which is where i would use the phone the most. So if that is the case then i would be able to bounce off of tmobile and att 3g correct?

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Why purchase another phone when the Nokia E71 already has all the 3G bands used by AT&T?

Carrier
    virgin mobile usa
    Feedback Score
    i just unlocked the mytouch 4g. and only get EDGE so no 3g for the mytoch 4g

Carriers
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by djgelito View Post
    i just unlocked the mytouch 4g. and only get EDGE so no 3g for the mytoch 4g
    Well, that cancels my plan. I'm using the mytouch 4G on Simple Mobile and get 4G in my area. I love the phone so I was thinking about unlocking it for Straight Talk, but I want at least 3G speed. I'm using my E71 sim in a Atrix right now (I had it in a Captivate), but believe it or not, I like the Mytouch 4G better than the Atrix. To me, the straight talk card cost me 48.85 including tax in my area, the simple mobile pin cost me 60.00... It's worth another 11.15 a month to have T-Mobile's 4G. It is great!
    PLEASE, don't PM me with questions that could and should be answered in the open forum. Then everyone can benefit from the answer, and you will get more than "one" opinion... Thanks.

Carrier
    virgin mobile usa
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GM1 View Post
    Well, that cancels my plan. I'm using the mytouch 4G on Simple Mobile and get 4G in my area. I love the phone so I was thinking about unlocking it for Straight Talk, but I want at least 3G speed. I'm using my E71 sim in a Atrix right now (I had it in a Captivate), but believe it or not, I like the Mytouch 4G better than the Atrix. To me, the straight talk card cost me 48.85 including tax in my area, the simple mobile pin cost me 60.00... It's worth another 11.15 a month to have T-Mobile's 4G. It is great!
    Amen! im going back to my iphone now. im about to post the mytouch 4g on ebay.

Carriers
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by djgelito View Post
    Amen! im going back to my iphone now. im about to post the mytouch 4g on ebay.
    What do you want for it? Be interested in trading for a Captivate? If not, I might just buy it for the wife... if the price is right... lol I might sell my Atrix. I'm not as intrigued with that phone as some people. I really like the mytouch 4G with simple mobile, and as I said, it's only 11.00 more a month... that will barely get you two gallons of gas now...

Carrier
    virgin mobile usa
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GM1 View Post
    What do you want for it? Be interested in trading for a Captivate? If not, I might just buy it for the wife... if the price is right... lol I might sell my Atrix. I'm not as intrigued with that phone as some people. I really like the mytouch 4G with simple mobile, and as I said, it's only 11.00 more a month... that will barely get you two gallons of gas now...
    $350 with shipping. Got it last night brand new and unlocked it this morning.

Sent via the HowardForums Android app

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast