Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Atrix works on Straight Talk

Carriers
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Atrix works on Straight Talk

The Motorola Atrix works on Straight Talk. I just got one yesterday and followed the same procedure that I did on my Captivate. I don't believe that I'm getting 4G speed though. I can't tell any difference from the captivate as far as data speed goes. Not even sure if I like the phone as much as the captivate yet. There are a couple things I do like (like the fingerprint scanner and overall speed) but I was able to delete tethermanager.apk from the Captivate and use the 3G hot Spot. Haven't even so much as found out what they are calling it on the Atrix, much less been able to delete it. It not tethermanager.apk anymore... that's for sure. So, I can't use the hot spot yet. Also, I was able to do a video call with tango, but, I couldn't get yahoo messenger with video to work like it does on my mytouch 4G. Overall it's a nice phone, but I'm not so sure it's any better that a mytouch 4G and cost me a lot more that I paid for the mytouch 4G. Anyway, Guess I'll sell my Captivate now, hope I don't have sellers remorse after a couple of weeks... lol I really like the Captivate. I might even unlock the mytouch 4G and use it on Straight Talk, I really like that phone, but I'm a little spoiled with the 4G speed and Hot Spot that I'm getting with Simple Mobile on that phone.
    PLEASE, don't PM me with questions that could and should be answered in the open forum. Then everyone can benefit from the answer, and you will get more than "one" opinion... Thanks.

Phones
    Nokia E71
    HTC Inspire 4G
    Samsung Infuse 4G
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I root phones and put ROMs on them for people on a pretty regular basis. I have a sideloading program on my computer and a tethering app that I can put on the phones if necessary. I just did that to an Atrix last week and it does work.

Carriers
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I had to root it and I put Barnacle and Wireless Tether for Root Users on it so I can tether it now, just not with the native hotspot in settings.

Phones
    Nokia E71
    HTC Inspire 4G
    Samsung Infuse 4G
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    That phone was definite pain in the butt.....at least when you switch ROMS. Of course I've only found two for that phone. You can't use the normal clockworkmod on it. The one you can use disappears when you switch ROMS.
    For instructions on using Androids with Straight Talk don't PM me....I don't usually answer....click here!
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...stop-asking%29

Phones
    Blackberry Bold 9000
    Motorola RAZR V3xx
    Motorola A1200R
    Carrier
    Net10 (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    The Atrix is locked down tighter than a clam shell. Also at per AT&T's request, Motorola hasn't enabled HSPDA+ yet. The next firmware update will probably enable it. But the bootloader on the Atrix is locked (signed), that means no custom ROM's for the Atrix (for now anyway). Also AT&T has disabled side loading apps from the SD Card. Nice phone too bad AT&T nurtured it!
    HOW TO UNLOCK AND FLASH A NET10 LG 900G
    http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f177...hread-1176052/

Carriers
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I used GladRoot and it was fairly painless. But I must confess, the one I bought was on 1.2.6, so I didn't have to revert back, so, I rooted it and then updated to 1.57 and then ran the after update bat file and all is well. Everything goes smooth if you follow the directions.

Carriers
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotsman828 View Post
    The Atrix is locked down tighter than a clam shell. Also at per AT&T's request, Motorola hasn't enabled HSPDA+ yet. The next firmware update will probably enable it. But the bootloader on the Atrix is locked (signed), that means no custom ROM's for the Atrix (for now anyway). Also AT&T has disabled side loading apps from the SD Card. Nice phone too bad AT&T nurtured it!
    I can load apps using easy installer on mine. But, you are correct on the stock phone, but rooted, you can load apps. And, with 1.57 HSPDA+ "IS" enabled. However, as I said in my OP, I can't really see that much difference than the Captivate.

Phone
    Android
    Carriers
    -T--Mobile USA|Get More
    Feedback Score
    Was looking into this phone. Will probably go for the T-Mobile optimus 2x because tmo doesn't lock down phones like at&t

Sent via the HowardForums Android app

Carriers
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Antenna View Post
    Was looking into this phone. Will probably go for the T-Mobile optimus 2x because tmo doesn't lock down phones like at&t

But you can "UN"-lock it down...lol

Phones
    Nokia E71
    HTC Inspire 4G
    Samsung Infuse 4G
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I had to revert back to 1.2.6 then use GladRoot....sucked. Then I used the Sideload Wonder Machine from Android Central to install a tethering apk. I definitely prefer rooting Inspires....I've done 6 of those so far. XDA does have a couple of ROMs for the Atrix, but nothing to write home about.

Phone
    Android
    Carriers
    -T--Mobile USA|Get More
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GM1 View Post
    But you can "UN"-lock it down...lol
    It's sad but I really don't get the ADB... need to learn coding.

LG Optimus supports both T-mobile and at&t 4G... would be great on ST

Carriers
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade1994 View Post
    I had to revert back to 1.2.6 then use GladRoot....sucked. Then I used the Sideload Wonder Machine from the Android Market to install a tethering apk. I definitely prefer rooting Inspires....I've done 6 of those so far. XDA does have a couple of ROMs for the Atrix, but nothing to write home about.
    I don't have to use the Sideload Wonder Machine anymore (I did on my Captivate till I saw it in "1clickroot" to disable it). If you used GladRoot, it gives you the option of being able to sideload apps while you are rooting... I load straight from my phone storage now. And I'm able to load the free paid app of the day if you have the Amazon app store app. They give a different paid app away free everyday. Granted, I don't want some of them, but some are very nice apps.

Phones
    Nokia E71
    HTC Inspire 4G
    Samsung Infuse 4G
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I use it mainly out of habit. Many of the apk files are saved on my computer anyway and not all the of the phones I do for people have that option. I don't always have to root to install and use this tethering app either. Just depends on the phone.

Carriers
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade1994 View Post
    I use it mainly out of habit. Many of the apk files are saved on my computer anyway and not all the of the phones I do for people have that option. I don't always have to root to install and use this tethering app either. Just depends on the phone.
    I agree, It works great if you don't want to root. I use WiFi File Explorer PRO to transfer the apk's to my phones storage, then use EasyInstaller to install them. I have about 4.5 GB of apk files on my computer... lol So, I know what you mean. WiFi File Explorer PRO works great though, I don't have to connect the phone every time I want a file on it.

Phones
    Nokia E71
    HTC Inspire 4G
    Samsung Infuse 4G
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I haven't tried those yet. Thanks for the tip..... I'm fairly certain it will come in handy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast