Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How to check monthly minutes balance on an Optimus v

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ecarlson View Post
    Thanks, but the author doesn't know me (that I know of). If you contact him hopefully he will fix the bug, and then the app will fill all your needs (and be better for all the other app users).

His web site is http://www.jaygoel.com/, where he has contact info. He also has the source code on his site, so if you know how to code and have some time, you can create and submit a patch to fix the bug.
    e, since you have taken the gauntlet of app QA champion I'll let you handle the contact with Jay Goel. You could have reported the problem to him in the time it took to write your post.

Carriers
    T-mobile Prepaid
    T-mobile ToGo
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by beernutz View Post
    e, since you have taken the gauntlet of app QA champion I'll let you handle the contact with Jay Goel. You could have reported the problem to him in the time it took to write your post.
    Thanks for the offer, but it's not my bug to report since I've never had that issue. You could also possibly have gotten the issue fixed by this time if you had simply contacted the author at the same time as you started this thread.

Feedback Score
    Thanks but I don't want minutes checker. I already downloaded it. Isn't there another way?
    Hey beernutz
    Not sure if this would fit exactley what your looking for but I d/l last nite from market app called traffic counter, and you can set 1x1 widget for counting wifi
    cell, text, and calltime
    I haven't used it enough yet to say if its accurate but it might be an option for your daughter was it?
    Either way you could just have a little widget right on her home screen with her minutes used in/out/total
    No password needed and plenty of options how to track them daily,weekly,month etc and set it to auto reset on monthly due date
    its free so might be worth a shot
    good luck
    EDIT: I should have stated, there's a free version of the app on market that the one I'm trying
    Last edited by RG570; 04-20-2011 at 10:31 AM.

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RG570 View Post
    Hey beernutz
    Not sure if this would fit exactley what your looking for but I d/l last nite from market app called traffic counter, and you can set 1x1 widget for counting wifi
    cell, text, and calltime
    I haven't used it enough yet to say if its accurate but it might be an option for your daughter was it?
    Either way you could just have a little widget right on her home screen with her minutes used in/out/total
    No password needed and plenty of options how to track them daily,weekly,month etc and set it to auto reset on monthly due date
    its free so might be worth a shot
    good luck
    EDIT: I should have stated, there's a free version of the app on market that the one I'm trying
    Thanks RG570, I will try and find that app to see if it will work.

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the offer, but it's not my bug to report since I've never had that issue. You could also possibly have gotten the issue fixed by this time if you had simply contacted the author at the same time as you started this thread.
    It is trivial to confirm that the bug exists. Just turn off wifi and mobile data and run the app--there will be no more password in the login dialog box. So now it is just as much your bug as it is mine. What did Jay say when you contacted him about the issue?

Feedback Score
    Thanks RG570, I will try and find that app to see if it will work.
    Hey bud
    Here's the link to appbrain ,I grabbed it in market
    so far the call minutes seem to be accurate, not so sure about the wifi and cell
    But if its somewhat close as far as calls go should be usefull for your child to keep an eye on minutes
    You can also set a warning at diff minute intervals

http://www.appbrain.com/app/traffic-...trafficcounter

On second look I'm not sure I'm really comfortable with the permissions you have to agree to, give it a good look at for yourself

Carriers
    T-mobile Prepaid
    T-mobile ToGo
    Feedback Score
    It is trivial to confirm that the bug exists. Just turn off wifi and mobile data and run the app--there will be no more password in the login dialog box. So now it is just as much your bug as it is mine. What did Jay say when you contacted him about the issue?
    I only consider it my bug if it happens to me regularly during normal use, and it doesn't, nor is it likely to since I rarely check my minutes since I don't use the phone for many calls.

PS: I did review the source code, out of curiosity, but didn't see an obvious cause, and am not curious enough at the moment to dig further.

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile FTW!
    Feedback Score
    It's always hard for me to believe that these mobile companies don't have mobile sites...

HTC: Mogul, Touch, Touch Pro, Touch Pro 2, Sensation
    Samsung: Moment, Intercept, Galaxy Note 2
    LG: Optimus V, Optimus Slider
    Tablets: Nook, Iconia Tab, Nexus 7

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I only consider it my bug if it happens to me regularly during normal use, and it doesn't, nor is it likely to since I rarely check my minutes since I don't use the phone for many calls.

PS: I did review the source code, out of curiosity, but didn't see an obvious cause, and am not curious enough at the moment to dig further.
    Well I don't use the program either but you initially indicated that it was my responsibility to contact the developer because I knew about the bug. Now you know about it too so according to your own criteria for reporting bugs its your bug as well.

Phones
    Nokia E63-NAM
    LG Optimus V
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    you are an *** beernutz

Feedback Score
    *** = bug

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramitt View Post
    you are an *** beernutz
    You've selected a very appropriate nick sir. Look at it. Now do it.

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TCAT View Post
    *** = bug
    LOL, you got that right.

Feedback Score
    Does anyone still have 1.4 or 1.3 on their phone with the popup notifications? I hate v1.5 and can't find 1.3 anywhere

Feedback Score
    Pop up notifications? What are they? I've had every version, now 1.5, they all look the same to me. Click the icon, 5 lines pop up with your balance and minutes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast