Phones
    unlocked HTC Inspire 4g
    unlocked HTC Inspire 4g
    Nokia e71
    Carriers
    StraightTalk at&t
    Feedback Score

cell signal booster kit for lg900g

I ordered a signal booster kit from the cellphoneshop there out of canida which after doing research i've reallized they have to be fcc approved I'm not sure if the one I ordered is fcc approved. I don't want to break any law's but I think I got a good deal if it works. I get no signal in my house at all and need to fix this issue.

http://www.cellphoneshop.net/booster1.html

Phones
    unlocked HTC Inspire 4g
    unlocked HTC Inspire 4g
    Nokia e71
    Carriers
    StraightTalk at&t
    Feedback Score
    cell signal booster got here today. I hooked it up got great signal but couldn't make or receive calls at all. It suck haveing to go outside to use your cell phone

Phones
    Blackberry Bold 9000
    Motorola RAZR V3xx
    Motorola A1200R
    Carrier
    Net10 (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    When it comes to cellular boosters, Wilson is the only brand I'll buy. Made in the USA!
    HOW TO UNLOCK AND FLASH A NET10 LG 900G
    http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f177...hread-1176052/

Phones
    unlocked HTC Inspire 4g
    unlocked HTC Inspire 4g
    Nokia e71
    Carriers
    StraightTalk at&t
    Feedback Score
    I would buy a wilson but after this one didn't work but makes me wonder if a wilson would work custumer suport told me it was a issue with my provider because I'm getting full bar signal streight.

Phones
    LG Optimus T
    Moto Droid X2
    Carrier
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, if you're getting a solid signal but you're unable to make or receive calls? That's kinda indicative of another type of problem, or even something with the phone.

What other symptoms are you seeing when you try to make a call, or happen during a call?

Phones
    unlocked HTC Inspire 4g
    unlocked HTC Inspire 4g
    Nokia e71
    Carriers
    StraightTalk at&t
    Feedback Score
    when i call or dial a number it starts the calling process then it stops. Tried it numerous time same thing sending a test message it just goes and goes without sending. the internet on the preset browser just spins around. And bolt browser when going to a url goes to 20% then just sits there till you close out. customer support said it was a provider problem and that I should contact them. In talking to net10 in miami they said that the signal was to weak in my area for me to get a signal inside I explained the booster gave me full bars and they only said it wouldnt work so I believe it's a net10 issue. I'm almost sure if I had another provider like verizon or what ever it would work. I'm sending it back but I would like to try that out with a friends phone thats doesnt use net10 to know for sure.

Phones
    LG Optimus T
    Moto Droid X2
    Carrier
    Feedback Score
    I haven't checked out the actual product (the booster) you're using, so bear with me.

One thing I haven't heard from you is what the performance of the phone is like when you are in a normally served, good signal area (wherever that might be). If the phone works normally when in a good signal area, here's something you might consider:

Like I said, not knowing the booster's characteristics, it might be the type of device that is showing you strong reception at your phone because the radios in the two devices (phone & booster) are close to each other (as you'd expect), and that is the only thing the phone's signal meter is capable of showing.

Whereas, the signal between the booster and the nearest possible proper cell tower could be non-existant (out of range in some capacity). Is there any type of signal meter on the booster to show how it is "seeing" the cell tower? I think this might explain your situation.

Edit:

I checked out the booster briefly. If the thing is working properly (internally/electronically), you might consider the placement of the antenna that's intended for the external link to the cell service. It looks like a magnet mount or something like that. Where or how do you have it mounted?

Phones
    unlocked HTC Inspire 4g
    unlocked HTC Inspire 4g
    Nokia e71
    Carriers
    StraightTalk at&t
    Feedback Score
    The outside antenna is on my metal roof I have the outside antenna as far away from the inside antenna as the cords will allow. there's no meter on the booster one thing is that I have to be within a few feet of the inside antenna to get the full bar signal the farther I move away the weaker the signal. The nearest cell tower is about 2 mile away but when i'm outside the most bar's i've gotten was 3 bar's and as soon as i walk inside my house by the inside antenna its full bar's. I'm thinking it's false possitive cause without the booster I have no signal inside my house at all. I would try wilson brand but after this experiance I'm not going to jump on it unless it has worked with someone elses net10 lg900g.

Feedback Score
    some of these boosters i've used say (in fine print ) that you must have a little bit of signal for the booster to
    work, or if you have no service the booster will not work.

Phones
    LG Optimus T
    Moto Droid X2
    Carrier
    Feedback Score
    I don't think it's a false positive so much as the outside antenna (and that whole side of the deal) simply isn't making the trip to the cell tower. Check the connections to the outside antenna (tight), and make sure the cable from it is not tightly crimped/smashed through any openings you've had to run it through.

Phones
    unlocked HTC Inspire 4g
    unlocked HTC Inspire 4g
    Nokia e71
    Carriers
    StraightTalk at&t
    Feedback Score
    I took it down boxed it back up and sent it back this morning "guess i'll never have cell service inside my house"
    Unless they put a tower up in my yard then maybe I would have service inside.
    My house is like a bunker with no windows with a few skylites would have liked to try wi/fi but net10 said it wasnt supported. So I thought this booster might work but nothing is getting threw these walls

Phones
    Blackberry Bold 9000
    Motorola RAZR V3xx
    Motorola A1200R
    Carrier
    Net10 (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Sorry to hear it didn't work for ya, I know what it's like to live in the fringe area. Was that booster a two-way booster or a one-way booster? Some only boost incoming signal and not outgoing signal. The Wilson that I have, boosts both directions. It worked flawlessly with my N10 phone.
    also if you have the external antenna to close to the handset it may give a false full signal reading.
    I found that if I put my external magnet mount antenna on a flat sheet of metal away from the roof it gets better reception. Something about the roof pitch causes the signal to deflect and reduces reception. Lastly make sure the antenna isn't sitting at an angle, the best reception is when the antenna is on a level surface.

Carrier
    PagePlus - No Dealer Required
    Feedback Score
    Doesn't att use 1900Mhz for voice in some areas of the US? The specs on your amp does not include 1900Mhz.

Specifications :
    Frequency : LB-001 – 900 MHz, 890-915 MHz (up), 935-960 MHz (down); LB-001A – 850 MHz, 824-894 MHz (up); 869-894 MHz (down)

Where are you located?
    I recently tested the "don't mention a PP Dealer by name" rule here on PP Hofo......trust me, it is still in effect - got me a 7 day ban.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    The sale on this booster will be over at 11 PM central time 4/19. I have no idea if this one is any good.

http://1saleaday.com/wireless/

Phones
    LG Optimus T
    Moto Droid X2
    Carrier
    Feedback Score
    tracnet, I think you might be on to something there.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast