Thread: Aria to Samsung Captivate???

Device(s)
    LG Glimmer
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score

Aria to Samsung Captivate???

Sorry if this has been asked before, I searched around and still couldn't find an answer.

Anyways I was sent my HTC Aria as a replacement for my Hero. I was wondering if they will let me upgrade by trading in the aria for a samsung captivate and paying the difference (probably $100?). I am worried if I do this will I be able to keep my unlimited data plan? I would think this would work since my wife got the samsung captivate as her replacement phone (for her HTC Desire).

Any help would be much appreciated!
    I have a very short attention sp

Carrier(s)
    AT&T former Alltel Blue (WWC)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BigErn44 View Post
    Sorry if this has been asked before, I searched around and still couldn't find an answer.

Anyways I was sent my HTC Aria as a replacement for my Hero. I was wondering if they will let me upgrade by trading in the aria for a samsung captivate and paying the difference (probably $100?). I am worried if I do this will I be able to keep my unlimited data plan? I would think this would work since my wife got the samsung captivate as her replacement phone (for her HTC Desire).

Any help would be much appreciated!
    This is possible but you will not receive any credit for returning the aria. You will be required to change to an AT&T plan, renew your contract for 24 months and pay the current 24 month price for the Captivate.

Device(s)
    LG Glimmer
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    That's what I was afraid of. O well I guess I can live with the Aria for now.

Did I hear correctly that AT&T let's you upgrade after 12 months? So I'll have to use the Aria for 6 months (since I've had my hero for 6 months already) and then I can upgrade to a better phone without losing my unlimited data from my Alltel plan?

Thanks for the response Clay!

Device(s)
    HTC Inspire 4G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I'm pretty sure your current Alltel upgrade date will still apply after you switch. Also, I think if you upgrade to one of the newer 4G AT&T phones then you won't be able to keep your unlimited data. If you do upgrade to something like a Captivate then make sure that you switch your SIM card out from the Aria and not let them give you another one.

The AT&T plans do have their perks though. Unlimited calling to any mobile number, extra lines are only $9.99, cheaper voice minutes, and if you have WiFi at home or work then the 2 GB is probably going to be plenty enough. The Alltel unlimited data seems to be a lot harder to keep than the AT&T grandfathered unlimited data is. The Alltel data is bundled in with your main plan and it seemed to confuse the CSR's whenever I called about various problems. After getting my Inspire the data would not work at all until I switched to the 2 GB plan, but I have never went over 1 GB in a month.

Device(s)
    LG Glimmer
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the reply. I'll keep that in mind about the sim card.