Thread: Novatel 4510L MiFi 4G Hotspot Release Thread

Phones
    Motorola Droid X
    iPhone 4 - AT&T
    Motorola Droid X
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Can I use the 4510L while it's on charger? To me that is a big deal as I can use a usb power pack to charge while I am outside and still be able to connect to the 4510L that way I can probably double the battery life.

Phones
    LG Clout, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Motorola StarTac ST7868W (no longer used)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by t6821hn View Post
    It has been good so far. Battery life from full charge to off was 4hr 40min. Not bad really for LTE. I got similar results with the MiFi2200.

I did experience 2 disconnects. I haven't figured out why the modem disconnected. Perhaps the location had a weak signal. Don't know for sure. So far my connection at work and home have been really steady.

I haven't experienced the lag/stall that was present on the Samsung. The only thing I need now is to wait for the extended battery so the device can last 14 hours.
    That's good you haven't had the web page stalls on the Novatel like on the Samsung. Hopefully Ill have a testing unit later this week.
    => Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Feedback Score
    I picked one up and so far it is solid! The connection has been very stable and the speeds are really nice. The speeds are actually better than with the Samsung unit.

Phones
    iPhone 5, Iridium 9555
    iPhone 5S 64GB Gold Verizon
    Iridium 9555
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Iridium
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pekkle View Post
    Can I use the 4510L while it's on charger? To me that is a big deal as I can use a usb power pack to charge while I am outside and still be able to connect to the 4510L that way I can probably double the battery life.
    Since the 4510L works fine while connected to the wall charger I'm guessing it would be the same connected to a power pack.

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pekkle View Post
    The unit doesn't appear to work on the wall charger. It turns off when you plug in the wall charger.

Phones
    iPhone 5, Iridium 9555
    Iridium 9555
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Iridium
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by y2jdmbfan View Post
    The unit doesn't appear to work on the wall charger. It turns off when you plug in the wall charger.
    This is odd. Mine is working while connected to the wall charger. I also connected the device via the USB cable to the Apple charger and it works fine.

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by t6821hn View Post
    This is odd. Mine is working while connected to the wall charger. I also connected the device via the USB cable to the Apple charger and it works fine.
    Strange, I just tried it again and now it appears to work when charging. Very odd. Must have been a fluke. Sorry for the false alarms guys. May have been that the battery was so low that it wouldn't turn on until it charged more.

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I got mine this afternoon, but I guess they had issues programming the 4G sim card since I was porting a number into it so it would cancel my Sprint broadband card service when I activated this. So I'll be stopping at the local VZW store to get a fresh one and they will assist in activating it. I also bought the antenna pigtail and a suction cup antenna for the hell of it.
    Dustin
    dustoman(at)gmail(dot)com

My Apps via AppBrain

Feedback Score
    Just confirmed that it will work while charging.

Feedback Score
    Dustin, where did you get the antenna pigtail and suction cup antenna?

Phone
    Moto X
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    So can anyone else confirm that it can't be used when charging via USB? I don't really care if it can do USB connect or just simply be used as wireless hotspot but I need some option of using it when charging via USB

Phones
    Motorola Droid X
    iPhone 4 - AT&T
    Motorola Droid X
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I think the OP and other mentioned it works while charging. Which is a great news. I just received my Samsung LC11, I have not activated so I am going to exchange it for the Mifi4G

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by landale View Post
    So can anyone else confirm that it can't be used when charging via USB? I don't really care if it can do USB connect or just simply be used as wireless hotspot but I need some option of using it when charging via USB
    Ours will charge while connected via USB cable to a computer but it drops any connections while in this state. Connections work fine when connected to an AC adapter. Maybe this is something that will work if and when drivers can be installed for the device.

It's interesting that the plastic bag containing the USB cable states: "The USB cable is only for software upgrades"

Feedback Score
    I am also interested if the 4510L can charge via the computer USB port and be used as WiFi at the sametime. I'm trying to decide on the Novatel or the Samsung, I think I read the samsung will charge via USB and be used at the same time.

Thanks

Phones
    iPhone 5, Iridium 9555
    Iridium 9555
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Iridium
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The 4510L cannot be charged via the computer and be used as WiFi simultaneously. All data connections are dropped when the device is connected to the computer via USB.

I don't remember if the Samsung was charged when connected to the computer. I do remember that the data connection remained on. In fact, when the Samsung is connected to the computer there's no response whatsoever from the computer.

What I can tell you is the Novatel is more steady at maintaining a data connection when compared to the Samsung.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast