Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Motorola EX124G vs LG 800G

Feedback Score

Motorola EX124G vs LG 800G

Since they are both touch screen phones which one will be better.

Feedback Score
    Hi, being that you are new here, you might like to know that multi posting the same question is frowned upon in the forum.
    I posted some info in your other thread and will repost it here, but please try to refrain from this practice in the future.
    Thanks.

Posted this in another thread but here it is again.
    The ST Motorola EX124G.

Specs:
    Bands:

* 2G Network GSM 850 / 1900

Size Dimensions:

Size 4.3 x 1.8 x 0.6
    Standby time Up to 8 days
    Talk time Up to 4 hours
    Weight 2.79 (ounces)
    * 114 x 57 x 10 mm, 66 cc
    * Weight: 127 g
    * Display: TFT, 16M colors
    * Display Size: 320 x 240 pixels, 2.36 inches
    * Input: Full QWERTY keyboard
    * - Five-way scroll key
    * Sound Alerts: Vibration., monophonic, MP3 ringtones
    * Speakerphone

Battery:

* Battery Motorola BQ50 SNN5804A 910 mAh Battery
    * Lithium-ion
    * Talk Time: up to 4 hrs
    * Digital Standby Time up to 8 days
    * Charger (in USB port micro B)

Audio output: 2.5 mm jack
    Memory:

* Internal: 110 MB storage & 128 MB RAM
    * MicroSD Card slot up to 8GB (2GB card included)

Data types: GPRS Class 32, 100 kbps

* EDGE Class 32, 296 kbps
    * 3G HSDPA, 3.6 Mbps
    * WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g
    * Bluetoothv2.0 with A2DP
    * Infrared port
    * USB v2.0 microUSB
    * Main Camera 3.2 MP, 2048x1536 pix

* 3 Megapixel Camera
    * Alarm Clock
    * Bluetooth Capable
    * Calculator
    * Calendar
    * Call Waiting
    * Caller ID
    * Color Screen
    * FM Radio
    * Games Download
    * Graphics Download
    * HAC Compatible
    * Handsfree Speaker
    * Mobile Web
    * MP3 Player
    * Phone Book with up to 1,000 Entries
    * Ringtones Download
    * Text MessagingText/Picture Messaging
    * Touch Screen with Stylus
    * Vibration Alert
    * Video Recorder
    * Voicemail

And the LG 800g

* GSM 850/1900 MHz GPRS, EDGE (2.5G)
    * Resistive Touch Screen
    * Size: 102.9 x 56.9 x 11.9 mm
    * Weight : 86.5 g
    * 2.8 inch screen, 240 x 320 pixels
    * Accepts up to 8 GB Micro SD (card not included)
    * Java ME and Flash Lite 2.1 for Apps
    * Opera Mini 5 Browser
    * Audio : MIDI, MP3, MID, QCELP, MPEG
    * Video : 3GP, H.263, MP4
    * Image : BMP, GIF, JPG, PNG, WBMP
    * Bluetooth 2.1
    * USB : USB 2.0
    * Camera : 2 MP, 1600 x 1200 Pixels, Video Capture
    * Music Player

Hope this helps with your decision.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    It is doubtful, but still possible, that Tracfone would offer two touchscreens, only time will tell. There is a greater chance that Net10 or Straigh Talk would offer both.

Feedback Score
    Sorry for starting a same thread twice I didn't think anyone would reply so mods please close the other thread. Seeing that the Moto EX124G is a 3G phone according to your specs and the lg 800g is not I will wait for the Net10 EX124G. Thanks for your help.

Phones
    LG Optimus T
    Moto G
    Carrier
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    If you've got usage-oriented reasons for going with Net10 over Trac, that's one thing. The 3G thing is likely to not give much of an edge (no pun intended) to the Motorola on Net10, IMHO. I believe we've seen video posted of someone using the Opera Mini browser on the LG 800g (obtained free aftermarket). Compared to the built-in browser of the the 800g, that really speeds up things, and my experience on other providers using Opera Mini tells me that using it on the same phone with a 3G connection doesn't make much of a difference. Also, I believe mobile web time on Trac is a bit less expensive than on Net10 (a half "unit" per minute of browsing on Trac vs. a straight minute on Net10). This depends on what refill card level you're using, which yields a per minute rate. So, you pick your poison, so to speak.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mkhf1985 View Post
    Sorry for starting a same thread twice I didn't think anyone would reply so mods please close the other thread. Seeing that the Moto EX124G is a 3G phone according to your specs and the lg 800g is not I will wait for the Net10 EX124G. Thanks for your help.
    I have not heard that the Moto EX124G will have 3G, but that doesn`t mean it won`t. The only one coming said to have 3G (not sure which Trac company) is the Samsung T528G.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whacker View Post
    If you've got usage-oriented reasons for going with Net10 over Trac, that's one thing. The 3G thing is likely to not give much of an edge (no pun intended) to the Motorola on Net10, IMHO. I believe we've seen video posted of someone using the Opera Mini browser on the LG 800g (obtained free aftermarket). Compared to the built-in browser of the the 800g, that really speeds up things, and my experience on other providers using Opera Mini tells me that using it on the same phone with a 3G connection doesn't make much of a difference. Also, I believe mobile web time on Trac is a bit less expensive than on Net10 (a half "unit" per minute of browsing on Trac vs. a straight minute on Net10). This depends on what refill card level you're using, which yields a per minute rate. So, you pick your poison, so to speak.
    I had always had Tracfone but I found my self never having enough minutes but this was back in 2006. Now that all these new phones have double minutes and promo codes I think I might switch back. I didn't know it was cheaper with internet either on Tracfone. With my Net10 phone I always run out of airtime instead of minutes. I have literally built up over 3000 minutes on my phone but don't like only having two months of airtime. I had also gotten the idea that Net10 was going to have the better phones but maybe that will change now. I also see that the LG 800G has a bigger screen then the EX124G so I like that better. So you got me thinking since 3G makes no difference.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I`m looking for an inexpensive to buy/operate phone with WiFi. So far Trac has only offered one, the $200 Nokia E-71 Smartphone thru Straightalk ($50/month Unlimited only).

The following are touchscreens, NO WiFi.

Motorola EX124G
    http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/s...e=en_US&search

Samsung SGH-T528G (3G ??)
    http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/s...e=en_US&search
    Last edited by Tracfancier; 05-03-2011 at 12:32 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mkhf1985 View Post
    I had always had Tracfone but I found my self never having enough minutes but this was back in 2006. Now that all these new phones have double minutes and promo codes I think I might switch back. I didn't know it was cheaper with internet either on Tracfone. With my Net10 phone I always run out of airtime instead of minutes. I have literally built up over 3000 minutes on my phone but don't like only having two months of airtime. I had also gotten the idea that Net10 was going to have the better phones but maybe that will change now. I also see that the LG 800G has a bigger screen then the EX124G so I like that better. So you got me thinking since 3G makes no difference.
    The 800g is not a bigger screen--I think the EX124g is 3.2 and the 800g is 2.8. I have the Net 10 800g and it is going back because the qwerty keyboard is ONLY on texting and nothing else. I want qwerty on anything that you key in the phone. Otherwise it is not a bad phone--entry level touch. I may try the EX 124g when it comes out.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Here are specifications and a link to FULL (70-131 pages) user manuals-just before the comments section:
    There is still no indication who will be getting these touchscreens

Motorola EX124G
    http://wontek.com/prepaid-reviews/st...-ex124g-review

Samsung SGHT-T528G
    http://wontek.com/prepaid-reviews/st...h-t528g-review

Carrier
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    Doesn't it seem odd that ALL the specs and an extensive on-line manual of 70 pages are avaialable for the Motorola Ex 124g but NO-ONE at Net10, or Straight Talk, know anything about it, much less when it will be released. How does stuff like this happen? How long were the above specs/manuals available before the LG800g was released, perhaps that would give us an idea......

Phones
    Lg G2X (Me)
    Samsung Flight -Girlfriend
    Nokia 2720 - Mom
    Carriers
    T-Mobile Monthly
    T-Mobile FlexPay
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mongooserider View Post
    Doesn't it seem odd that ALL the specs and an extensive on-line manual of 70 pages are avaialable for the Motorola Ex 124g but NO-ONE at Net10, or Straight Talk, know anything about it, much less when it will be released. How does stuff like this happen? How long were the above specs/manuals available before the LG800g was released, perhaps that would give us an idea......
    They will not admit it actually exists until it has been officially released.
    T-Mobile’s new marketing campaign for Vermont and Western New Hampshire:
    “Try T-Mobile’s blazingly fast GPRS data network. We’re faster than iDEN and TDMA combined!”

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    I emailed corporate offices to pin down a release date. If all goes well they should give me one , as they gave me a date for the net10 800g. Just have to wait for a reply.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by spanieldoggy View Post
    I emailed corporate offices to pin down a release date. If all goes well they should give me one , as they gave me a date for the net10 800g. Just have to wait for a reply.
    Did you find out anything yet?

Feedback Score
    I called Tracfone customer service after seeing the EX124g manual on their website but it not being available for purchase. The man I spoke with said it would be out June 1. Well that obviously didn't happen! So I then emailed Tracfone and this is what they said:

...Thank you for your interest in TracFone Wireless. We are responding to
    your recent inquiry.

Please be informed that TracFone Wireless has released two new phones in
    the market. TracFone LG 500G and TracFone LG 800G (touch screen) were
    officially spread out to different city in United States.The Motorola EX124G is still not yet available in the market but we are continually working on improving and expanding our products and services
    therefore a lot of improved and new phones will be soon be made available to TracFone customers in the near future...

Looks like we're just going to have to watch and wait!

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast