Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Trac LG800 doesnt have a microSD card?

Feedback Score

The Trac LG800 doesnt have a microSD card?

Am I reading this correctly? I cant find a reference to one in the Quick Start Guide or in the specs.

Phones
    Lg G2X (Me)
    Samsung Flight -Girlfriend
    Nokia 2720 - Mom
    Carriers
    T-Mobile Monthly
    T-Mobile FlexPay
    Feedback Score
    It should. On the tutorial, when you click "Play Music" it says "make sure microSD card is inserted", or something to that effect.
    T-Mobile’s new marketing campaign for Vermont and Western New Hampshire:
    “Try T-Mobile’s blazingly fast GPRS data network. We’re faster than iDEN and TDMA combined!”

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by annepani View Post

Am I reading this correctly? I cant find a reference to one in the Quick Start Guide or in the specs.
    Here is part of the description in the HSN ad:

microSD memory card slot for cards up to 4GB (sold separately)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    Here is part of the description in the HSN ad:

microSD memory card slot for cards up to 4GB (sold separately)
    @Tranfancier

I read the HSN page, the Wontek review and the Tracfone specs. 2 out of the 3 refer to a micro card, the wontek review does not.

But the real thing is the Quick Start Guide. There is no refernce to it: Where it is located, how to insert or remove it and what is the maximum size.

There seems to be a spot for it under the battery, but no explicit reference to a micro card.

@The_Sweeper

Does the Straight Talk tutorial show where it is located and how to insert/remove it?

Feedback Score
    To insert a microSD card remove the battery - next to the SIM is a metal cage - slide that cage towards the top of the phone. then you can lift the cage up put the SD card under it, swing the cage down then slide the cage toward the bottom of the phone to lock it on. replace the battery, etc.

I have done this but my phone does not seem to recognize that it has another 4GB of storage.

HELP

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rich in STL View Post
    To insert a microSD card remove the battery - next to the SIM is a metal cage - slide that cage towards the top of the phone. then you can lift the cage up put the SD card under it, swing the cage down then slide the cage toward the bottom of the phone to lock it on. replace the battery, etc.

I have done this but my phone does not seem to recognize that it has another 4GB of storage.

HELP
    Tracfone had a motorola slider that was picky about the brand of card that would work, didn`t like off brands I think. Wait for other suggestions first before buying another brand card.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rich in STL View Post
    @rich in STL

Are you quoting these instructions from some Tracfone manual/tutorial or are you just giving instructions on how to insert a microSD card?

I know how to insert a micro card. My point is that TRACFONE SPECS AND DOCS DO NOT REFERENCE A MICROSD CARD.

Carriers
    PTel
    Feedback Score
    @rich in STL

Are you quoting these instructions from some Tracfone manual/tutorial or are you just giving instructions on how to insert a microSD card?

I know how to insert a micro card. My point is that TRACFONE SPECS AND DOCS DO NOT REFERENCE A MICROSD CARD.
    He's quoting from the online tutorial on the Straight Talk website The instructions for inserting a memory card are in the "Memory" section of the tutorial..
    My site: PrepaidPhoneNews.com My other sites: wapreview.com, boostapps.com

Feedback Score
    The instructions that I wrote above are not quoted from anywhere. I fuggered out miself ;-)

If I had a decent manual, I could actually make my 800G see and use this extra storage!!
    !

Feedback Score

OP
    It does not come with a SD cardm but will take up to a 4 gig MicroSd

Feedback Score
    Gee, that's terrible.. I read on some review sites that the 800g would take upto 8gb micro sdhc cards...
    Now I'm not sure it's such a great deal. Way to cripple the deivces. Perahps not enough is known about which cards will be compatible @ 8gb?
    Anyhow, I was thinking I might upgrade to the 500g anyway (from Mot376g). This seems like a better deal for what you get. Also the Motorola Ex124g has WIFI?!? Say what? Tracfone will have a wifi phone?!? You know the next logical progression of that... will you be able to google voice on it?!? That would be AWESOME, and the best of both worlds.... Part of the reason WHY I bought an Archos 43 android tablet. There are probably more drawbacks to the LG 500 / 800 g's that people haven't discovered just yet. Also, are the two main differences the interface (touch vs keyboard) and talk-time / battery life? Not enough people are witing about their experience once getting the 800 & 500 phones to know if they're worth upgrading just yet.. if you have them PLEASE POST the good, the bad & the ugly. For me to even consider buying either of these, they *MUST* handle(read/write/format) an 8gb micro sd card.. can someone clarify if that's possible. Anyhow I can wait until about the middle of June to make a decision on this so please post your comments on the quality of the phones.

Net10 should offer an android (v2.2) wifi b/g/n 3.2" touchscreen phone already. I doubt many customers paying 10 cents per minute (and a HIGHER total monthly cost on average vs trac) would want anything less. This is becasue they have a choice of providers who sell service at that price (Sprint, then MetroPCS being the most obvious).

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    No one has claimed the Motorola EX124G will have WiFi, they are reporting that it doesn`t. I find it hard to believe Tracfone would give us the opportunity to forgo the use of their minutes.

In fact here is the Tutorials page for the EX124G, which includes a 68 page manual (phone is listed on both Tracfone and Net10 activation pages).
    http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/s...e=en_US&search

I don`t find WiFi listed for this phone either but this one is said to be 3G (NOT listed on Tracfone and Net10 activation pages):
    http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/s...e=en_US&search
    Last edited by Tracfancier; 05-03-2011 at 12:23 PM.

Feedback Score
    Can you use an 8GB in the 800G?
    That the only Micro SD I have.

Feedback Score
    All reports say 4 gig. But you can try an 8 gig in it and see. Some phones will recognize larger cards. They may or may not use all the extra space above what they are set to use, or they may not use the card at all, even if they see it.

Or you can get 4 gig mcro SD cards from Amazon cheap. http://www.amazon.com/Sandisk-MicroS...4563734&sr=8-2

I just got the LG800G a few days ago. It will take a few pictures without the card. I took one of my kitchen tile LOL and it held it without a SD card in.
    If you change the theme from cartoon to black it looks much nicer, and though the 800G is only a feature phone and not a smart phone (so don't expect great things from it) it is still a very nice touch phone for 49.99.

Curiosity got me, I don't need the phone, but I really wanted to see the first touch phone from TracFone. I like it, I knew it would be seriously lacking compared to an IPhone, Android, Black Berry or any true Smart Phone so I was not disappointed in the somewhat limited features of the phone.

ST to IPhone http://howardforums.com/bYd8e
    ST to Android http://howardforums.com/Xael3
    ST to Windows Phone http://howardforums.com/MMuZH
    Tracfone CS at 800-876-5753 or 800-626-4883
    Phone Number for Google Customer Service. 18558363987

Carriers
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    http://www.tracfone.com/phone_detail...=UCMTST_009188

***MP3 Player (cable and microSD Card not included),

The LG500G says the same. The online PDF I downloaded doesn't mention it, either. It uses the same micro usb port my Phillips has, I'll try that cable whenever the TF computers finally activate my 500G.

If the phone doesn't see it, try a drag and drop anyway. About a dozen albums worth, 100 tunes should test it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast