Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31

Thread: How do I find my Carrier

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    173
    Feedback Score
    0

    How do I find my Carrier

    I did a search as I know the information has already been provided here. But I must be using wrong keywords as I can't find that post or that answer.

    Anyway, does anyone know of a simple way to find out who my carrier is? Someone posted a real simple way. I forget.

    This is a CDMA LG3280.

    Thanks to all.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    618
    Carriers
    ATT Gophone
    Net 10
    Feedback Score
    0
    try this
    http://tnid.us/

    should be Verizon or Us Cellular

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    2,215
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by unit731 View Post
    Anyway, does anyone know of a simple way to find out who my carrier is? Someone posted a real simple way. I forget.Thanks to all.
    This one may be the most accurate

    http://wirelessamberalerts.org

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    1,782
    Phone
    ZTE, LG
    Carrier
    America Movil, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Here's one even better: TelcoData. Input the area code and exchange (first three digits of phone number) and this site will tell you which telecom company has been assigned the block of numbers (by blocks of 1000 numbers).

    The carrier will be listed as either Cellco Partnership/Verizon Wireless or United States Cellular Corporation.
    America Movil/Straight Talk/TracFone customer since 2004.
    verizon customer since 2012.
    T-Mobile customer from 2005-2014.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    NorthWestern PA
    Posts
    624
    Phone
    Motorola V176, LG600g, LG3280
    Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardP View Post
    Here's one even better: TelcoData. Input the area code and exchange (first three digits of phone number) and this site will tell you which telecom company has been assigned the block of numbers (by blocks of 1000 numbers).

    The carrier will be listed as either Cellco Partnership/Verizon Wireless or United States Cellular Corporation.
    Oh, and what about a number that was assigned, but then was PORTED out?
    or a number that was ported in?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    1,782
    Phone
    ZTE, LG
    Carrier
    America Movil, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannonball-II View Post
    Oh, and what about a number that was assigned, but then was PORTED out?
    or a number that was ported in?
    My reply was based on the assumption that the person received a brand new phone number from TracFone when the phone was activated, in which case, it isn't a ported number.

    Once a ported number is cancelled however, the carrier that had it last, must transfer it back to the original carrier to which it was first assigned.

    The info on TelcoData provides information on which carriers were assigned the original block of numbers.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Southwest Michigan, USA
    Posts
    2,388
    Phones
    LG Optimus T
    Moto G
    Carrier
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    0
    Wow. Tnid.us did the trick. A friend just changed his Net10 phone from Verizon to AT&T and tnid showed the current allocation as well as the original allocation. Good service.

    FoneFinder.net still shows it being with VZW. Fail.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    173
    Feedback Score
    0
    Hey, thanks to all.

    Much appreciated.

    I have 3 Tracfones now. All activated with same zip code.

    Two are Verizon and one is US Cellular.

    Is there a rhyme or reason for this?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    2,215
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by unit731 View Post
    I have 3 Tracfones now. All activated with same zip code. Two are Verizon and one is US Cellular.

    Is there a rhyme or reason for this?
    Rhyme? More like a limerick.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,914
    Feedback Score
    0
    You get (expensive) Verizon if the phone needs data service. You get (cheaper) USCellular if the phone doesn't need data service.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    252
    Feedback Score
    0
    I found mine when I sent a text message to my e-mail account.


    Quote Originally Posted by unit731 View Post
    I did a search as I know the information has already been provided here. But I must be using wrong keywords as I can't find that post or that answer.

    Anyway, does anyone know of a simple way to find out who my carrier is? Someone posted a real simple way. I forget.

    This is a CDMA LG3280.

    Thanks to all.
    Real Life Dictionary: Cell Phone. A fancy term for mobile answering machine.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    173
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    You get (expensive) Verizon if the phone needs data service. You get (cheaper) USCellular if the phone doesn't need data service.
    OK. Thanks.


    But all 3 phones are LG3280. Two are Verizon one US Cellular.

    Any rhyme or limerick or reason for this?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    2,215
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by unit731 View Post
    OK. Thanks. But all 3 phones are LG3280. Two are Verizon one US Cellular. Any rhyme or limerick or reason for this?
    Were you in the same place when you activated all 3? Not necessarily at the same time but in the same place, like all were done while in your home.

    If not then it is possible that you were closer to a Verizon tower for 2 of them and closer to a USCC tower for the third.

    One person reported he had to drive a couple of miles away from his house so he would be closer to a Verizon tower than a USCC tower. I think he also had to say he was going to use it primarily in an adjacent zip code (the one that he drove to) in order to be assigned Verizon.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    173
    Feedback Score
    0
    All same house. Same room. Just not all same day.

    I always try computer first to activate. But have had little success. But two of my phones are refurbished and one was used - and that may have made it less easy to activate.

    Yes, I do understand why someone would move/travel down street or across town, etc. for best.

    I think mine were activated by phone support. And who knows if they understood what zip code I stated. But zip code was stated and all the same zip code. All are CDMA. All LG3280.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    BP subsidized Gulf Coast
    Posts
    4,820
    Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by unit731 View Post
    All same house. Same room. Just not all same day.

    I always try computer first to activate. But have had little success. But two of my phones are refurbished and one was used - and that may have made it less easy to activate.

    Yes, I do understand why someone would move/travel down street or across town, etc. for best.

    I think mine were activated by phone support. And who knows if they understood what zip code I stated. But zip code was stated and all the same zip code. All are CDMA. All LG3280.
    If only Verizon coverage is satisfactory, you could call Miami, 800-876-5753, and say you are having trouble with one of the three. You could say you determined the assigned provider and only the two on Verizon worked well. Ask them to re-program the odd one for Verizon.

    They may make a surprise test call to you during the conversation. IMPORTANT: If you answer or they hear it ring they will say you have satisfactory service.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Can't find Virgin Mobile Canada Carrier Bundle
    By haet in forum iOS Jailbreaking and Unlocking
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-22-2011, 08:52 PM
  2. Which Carrier
    By realjet in forum Straight Talk
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-06-2011, 01:22 AM
  3. How can I tell which carrier I currently have?
    By TooWildToTame in forum Tracfone/Net10
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-12-2010, 11:38 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-11-2010, 10:34 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks