Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Verizon HTC Droid Incredible 2; HSPA+/GSM radio bands?

Phone
    Android
    Carriers
    -T--Mobile USA|Get More
    Feedback Score

Verizon HTC Droid Incredible 2; HSPA+/GSM radio bands?

Does anyone know which GSM/HSPA+ bands the HTC Droid Incredible 2 will support? I hope it supports AWS like its cousin; the Incredible S.

Thanks in Advance

Carrier
    I <3 Verizon!
    Feedback Score
    Network: CDMA 800/1900MHz + UMTS/HSPA 900/2100MHz + GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900MHz

Ditch the ghetto carrier and just switch already...

Phones
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    LG LGP506 (Thrive), Huawei U8150 (Comet)
    LG-CX670 (Optimus 3G), Sharp 812SH, Huawei U8160 (Smart)
    Carriers
    Verizon
    USA: AT&T, T-Mobile; Canada: Telus; Japan: Softbank; UK: Vodafone, O2
    Feedback Score
    Either my Droid Incredible 2 is defective, or it refuses to connect on the GSM 850/1900 bands. I got the SIM removed, and have tried multiple SIMs. It immediately says "no network found"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcrispin View Post
    Either my Droid Incredible 2 is defective, or it refuses to connect on the GSM 850/1900 bands. I got the SIM removed, and have tried multiple SIMs. It immediately says "no network found"
    It is unlocked correct?

Phones
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 100South View Post
    It is unlocked correct?
    Yes, I got the SIM unlock code first thing (and I have it written down in case I ever need it again, although in general once a phone is unlocked by a valid code it stays unlocked).

It does not complain about a SIM being invalid (which it would if a non-VZW SIM is placed in a SIM locked phone). I tried T-Mobile USA, AT&T, Vodafone UK, and SoftBank (Japan); all valid and active SIMs that work in any unlocked phone with GSM 850 and/or 1900.

Phones
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    This is bizarre. I just tried again with my SoftBank SIM and this time it worked!

It absolutely failed solidly yesterday.

And, of course, I had written a letter to VZW asking what was going on.

Take foot, insert in mouth.

Feedback Score
    You rebooted the phone right?

It will ONLY work in North America on 2G because they want you on the VZW native network or Bell/Telus/etc CDMA roaming.

The 900/2100 UMTS/HSPA+ bands are for 3G world travel and the reason it is quad band 2G too. (Basically everywhere on earth where VZW/Vodafone have roaming agreements.)

Phones
    iPhone 4s 64 gb Factory Unlocked
    IPhone 3G
    Carriers
    TMobile-
    Revol-Page Plus
    Feedback Score

Inc 2 on US Tmobile

So from what your saying this will not work on TM US?

I unlocked the Inc2 and the GSM/UMTS option is greyed out, I cant search for a GSM network. The antenna indicator stays with no signal and a roaming indicator, I tried cycling the airplane mode and still nothing.

Is there a way to change the band frequency using a box or software, I dont have any of the boxes but I do have a few programs that have gsm options?

Edit: I got it to work! In the settings/call section you have to choose GSM/UMTS as the preffered network and TMobile kicked in!!!

Edit2: For data goto settings/wireless/mobile networks/GSM/UMTS Options/Access Point Names hit menu and add APN then edit the settings for Simple Mobile this is what worked:

name:simple
    APN: simple
    proxy: 216.155.165.50
    port: 8080
    username: not set
    password: not set
    server: not set
    mmsc: http//mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    mms proxy: 216.155.165.50
    mms port: 8080
    mms protocol: WAP 2.0
    mcc: 310
    mnc: 260
    authentication type: none
    APN: default,supl,mms
    Last edited by CellFonePimp; 06-07-2011 at 12:01 PM. Reason: its now working!!!
    Life is an internal struggle, modding phones is a PITA.

Please before you pm me find your way to the search button found here or google.

If you didn't get exhausted and frustrated searching, please continue your search until you are.

Phones
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Yes, after failing solidly the first day that I had my Inc2, non-VZW SIMs (including a pre-pay T-Mobile SIM) worked like a champ starting the next day. I still don't have a clue as to why non-VZW SIMs didn't work the first day, and it hasn't ever failed since.

Feedback Score
    Having the same issue. Brand new DInc2 is not recognising my Koodo SIM in Canada. Unlocked the phone yesterday with VZW code in the U.S.A., and the Koodo SIM was visible as a roaming carrier (voice and Edge data) while in the U.S.A. with Settings/Call/Preferred Network/GSM/UTMS Mode enabled. Crossed into Canada and suddenly SIM is unrecognised!

I am on the "first day" with this problem. Is VZW disabling 3rd party SIM cards for the first 24 hours??!!

Thought it may have been the SIM card. Under GSM call settings I get the message: "Call settings error. Network or SIM card error." When I put the SIM card in my Nexus S, everything is working perfectly so the SIM card is fine. Seems to be a Verizon issue.

Feedback Score
    3 days later a non-Verizon SIM will still not work. I"m wondering if the presence of a CDMA signal is a factor on whether the SIM works or not. It's not a 24 hr issue.

@mrcrispin: were you near a CDMA tower in Canada when your SIM starting working? my theory is that if a CDMA signal is present, the phone disregards 3rd party SIMs despite being unlocked.

argh. driving me crazy. what's the point of unlocking this "world phone" if it doesn't recognize a 3rd party SIM??? Blah.

Carriers
    WIND Mobile (09/2010-present)
    Bell 05/2005-08/2006, Virgin Mobile Canada 08/2006-11/2009, Fido 11/2009-09/2010
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cheesiepoof View Post
    Having the same issue. Brand new DInc2 is not recognising my Koodo SIM in Canada. Unlocked the phone yesterday with VZW code in the U.S.A., and the Koodo SIM was visible as a roaming carrier (voice and Edge data) while in the U.S.A. with Settings/Call/Preferred Network/GSM/UTMS Mode enabled. Crossed into Canada and suddenly SIM is unrecognised!

I am on the "first day" with this problem. Is VZW disabling 3rd party SIM cards for the first 24 hours??!!

Thought it may have been the SIM card. Under GSM call settings I get the message: "Call settings error. Network or SIM card error." When I put the SIM card in my Nexus S, everything is working perfectly so the SIM card is fine. Seems to be a Verizon issue.
    Since the device doesn't have the 850/1900 3G bands, it has no bands in common with the Koodo (Telus) all-3G network. It'll work on Rogers/Fido EDGE only. Sorry you're screwed. Sell it back to an American and buy the Bell version.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cmstlist View Post
    Since the device doesn't have the 850/1900 3G bands, it has no bands in common with the Koodo (Telus) all-3G network. It'll work on Rogers/Fido EDGE only. Sorry you're screwed. Sell it back to an American and buy the Bell version.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    Thanks... will be doing that. The 850/1900 3G bands only account for the lack of 3G data though, correct? I wasn't able to get voice either with the Koodo SIM. No voice or data with Rogers or Bell SIM cards either. Makes me think the functionality was disabled somehow.

Carriers
    WIND Mobile (09/2010-present)
    Bell 05/2005-08/2006, Virgin Mobile Canada 08/2006-11/2009, Fido 11/2009-09/2010
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cheesiepoof View Post
    Thanks... will be doing that. The 850/1900 3G bands only account for the lack of 3G data though, correct? I wasn't able to get voice either with the Koodo SIM. No voice or data with Rogers or Bell SIM cards either. Makes me think the functionality was disabled somehow.
    No, UMTS 3G is an entire technology, not just data. The Koodo (Telus) network runs entirely on 3G - the voice, SMS, data, everything. If your phone does not have the right 3G bands, it will not be able to communicate with any aspect of the Telus network whatsoever. The Bell network is shared with Telus, same towers and everything.

The Rogers SIM should have worked though for 2G/EDGE reception (voice, SMS, slooooooow data).

Phones
    SE T610
    Nokia 3360
    Nokia 6160
    Feedback Score
    So does the unlocked DINC2 works for AT&T? Anyone actually tried other than TMobile?
    Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast