Thread: HOW TO: Transfer Pictures/Data from Sanyo Mirro SCP-3810 to PC Via USB

Feedback Score

HOW TO: Transfer Pictures/Data from Sanyo Mirro SCP-3810 to PC Via USB

Figured this might come in handy for those who have used a Mirro and want their stuff off it without having to resort to sending each pic one-by-one to an email address/other device.

Feel free to edit/update/elaborate!

Detailed instructions on how to extract pictures from a Sanyo Mirro SCP-3810

This process outlines the method in which I used to extract pictures. This may (or may not) work for other devices, or for extracting other data such as Ringtones/Phone Book Entries/ect.
    You will need a Windows-Based PC Running at Least Windows 2000 and an Available USB Port. (This may or may not work with MacOS/Linux under VM/VirtualPC)
    You will also need a Micro-USB to Standard USB Cable to connect the phone to your PC

Things you will need downloaded on your computer before continuing. (See Attached Files):

1: Susteen SCP-3810 USB Drivers Pack (32-bit and 64-bit versions included.)
    2: BitPim version 1.0.7 (www.bitpim.org)
    3: A file called "msvcp71.dll" (May not be required for some)
    4: WinRAR/WinZIP (or a similar file compression software, may not be required on some Windows versions.)

Once these things have been downloaded, continue on to Step 1.

STEP 1: Un-compress the Susteen Sanyo SCP-3810 USB Drivers pack to your desktop (or place them in an easy-to-remember location, at this time you may need to install WinRAR or a similar app to perform this step.)

STEP 2: Connect the Sanyo Mirror SCP-3810 Device to your PC's USB Port and allow the "Found New Hardware" Wizard to install the drivers from the location you extracted them to. It will install 3 Devices, you may need to point the Wizard to the driver's location for each device.

STEP 3: Install BitPim, but do not run it yet.

STEP 4: Copy the "MSVCP71.DLL" File to the "C:\Windows\System32" directory on your hard drive. (or wherever your PC's "system32" folder is located)

STEP 5: Reboot the PC (May not be necessary on later versions of Windows)

STEP 6: Run BitPim

STEP 7: It may say that your phone could not be detected, this is normal. Run the Phone Setup Wizard and Manually Configure the Phone. The SCP-3810 Mirro WILL NOT show up in the list of compatible phones, this is also normal. Instead, Select the Sanyo SCP-3100 and click NEXT, Select the COM Port the phone is using (Usually the last one), you will know which one is correct by highlighting the different COM ports and looking at the "Hardware Info" string. the one we need should read: "SUSPORT\VID0482PID_025FPORT\7236C4XE7XXX_03" or similar. Notice it says "FPORT" in the string instead of "FMODEM". When you have selected the correct COM port, click NEXT

STEP 8: Click FINISH on the next screen

STEP 9: On the BitPim Main Screen under <FILE>, you will see a button with a picture of a phone and a Green Arrow coming OUT of it, that is the "Get Data From Phone" button. Click it.

STEP 10: A Box will appear, check "Wallpaper" and click OK. (The Mirro's USB Tranfer speed is SLOW, so it will take a while if you have a lot of pictures. You will notice a progress bar on the bottom left of the main BitPim screen, it shows progress for EACH individual file it is copying.

STEP 11: When it is completely finished with the transfer, you may disconnect the phone. Go to your My Documents folder. You will notice a folder called "bitpim", open it.

STEP 12: Open the folder labled "wallpaper". You will notice a series of files with no extensions that appear unknown to Windows with filenames starting with "F000". These will all need to be renamed to include the ".JPG" extension. Do this by renaming it and simply adding ".jpg" (without the quotes of course) to each filename.

You will now be able to open the images using any program you wish to use to open/view JPEG images.

Hope this helps!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jasew503; 04-28-2011 at 02:06 AM. Reason: Typos, Cleanup

Phone
    Galaxy S4, LG F3, ZTE Sonata
    Carrier
    AT&T , GoPhone, AIO,
    Feedback Score
    Great write up, thank you!

Feedback Score
    No problem! Forgot to mention on Windows Vista/7 machines, some people may have to right click the bitpim icon, click properties and select "Run in Compatibilty Mode" for Windows XP, and also "Run As Administrator".

Sent via the HowardForums Android app

Feedback Score
    Programing instructions from BOOST

Program Your Phone

For a new phone:
    To be able to begin making and receiving calls, you must turn on your phone, and follow the instructions below.

Turn on the phone if not already on
    From the keypad, enter ##<MSL>#
    Scroll to Edit and press OK
    Enter <PTN> and press OK
    Enter <MSID> and press OK
    Scroll to Done and press OK
    The phone may restart
    The screen will display Ready and then change to say Boost
    NOTE: If your phone is not active after 4 hours, please call Boost Customer Care at 1-888-BOOST-4U (1-888-266-7848).

For a used phone (reactivation) or if the steps above fail:
    To be able to begin making and receiving calls, you must turn on your phone, and follow the instructions below.

Turn on the phone if not already on
    From the keypad, enter ##3282#
    Scroll to Restore and press OK
    Enter <MSL> and press OK
    The phone may restart
    From the keypad, enter ##<MSL>#
    Scroll to Edit and press OK
    Enter <PTN> and press OK
    Enter <MSID> and press OK
    Scroll to Done and press OK
    The phone will restart
    NOTE: If your phone is not active after 4 hours, please call Boost Customer Care at 1-888-BOOST-4U (1-888-266-7848).

Feedback Score
    I do not see an Fport. Only an Fmodem. I'm stuck

Feedback Score
    I have installed all of the software and everything seems to be installed correctly. The PitPim program recognizes the ports, and the device manager says all drivers are working properly. When I get to the final step of the setup wizard phone detection however, I receive a "failed" message. It seems to be finding the cable driver, but not the phone. Any ideas?

Feedback Score
    Hello there,
    iPod is the best sources to save the photos in it but sometime there comes the problem as this time my iPod is frozen means it is hanged and stopped functioning now now what can i do to restore jpeg photos from frozen iPod, as i have tried download link but the versions of software was trial and couldn't do much so can anybody suggest me which one to use...

exceed www before ipodphotorecovery.com/restore-jpeg-images-from-ipod-frozen-due-to-error-1429.html

Regards
    Wilson

Feedback Score
    Many thanks for the guidance you have offered here ... I am dumb as brick when it comes to cellphones ... but after navigating your instructions several times (as I often got it wrong the first time) ... and with som studying of each step/screen ... I found that IT WORKS!

W/ not disclaimer about OS, etc. it really took a good bit to find that given the vintage of the SCP-3810 (Sprint) I should have questioned using my WIN7 o/s to get this done ... SCP-3810 were around in the days of WIN XP ... For the life of me could not get WIN 7 to work it thru to the end w/o an error here or there ... Searching other forums produced the idea that XP would do it clean. Took about 10 minutes to get everything set to run Bitpim, already had the dll file on the xp machine, download on the drivers was equally easy.

I don't know enough about the differences between Win7 and XP but this might be simply a matter of running all your suggested programs in "compatible" w/ WIN 7 mode. That might work for these users. Just don't know.

SUMMARY:

= = Use XP o/s if possible ... Win 7 might be able to work it with software changes to accommodate the needed programs.
    = = When loading the drivers, ensure that ALL 3 drivers load AND that they show up in device manager ... if even 1 is missing it is not going to work properly. (NOTE: when checking that the drivers are really there ... modem, USB & ports ... write down the EXACT port that the Susteen cable is using ...)
    = = STEP 7 ... I didn't have to go thru this step to find the proper com port given the above ... perhaps I missed something, read it, didn't understand it too well so used Device Manger com setting ... worked fine!
    = = STEP 11 - 12 ... I forgot to check the Documents folder ... In Bitpim I clicked Media and found a list of all the downloaded pictures, double-clicked the first one on the list, my system ask me what I wanted to use to open it with ... HP Image Zone ... worked just fine and added the .jpg extension, ask where to put them ... and ... DONE.

As I began, thanks a bunch for the guidance ... now the only thing left to do is get rid of this phone ... Can I even get $5 for it??? Doubt that!!!

Thanks again ... dumbcellme2

Feedback Score
    Posted some suggestions on using this procedure ... jasew503 posted an "addendum" same day 4.28.2011 about the compatibility issue WIN 7 so I was sorta' repeating his suggest which I did not see ... sorry ...