Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Casio G'zOne Commando C771 Release Thread

Feedback Score
    Did you ask them to activate it so you could try it out?

Device(s)
    motorola moto x
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Yes I have asked them to activate it since Thursday, actually Wednesday since I looked at it then and the asst. Manager said it would be. I've been in there every day to try it out. Now I just left the store in Jacksonville Nc and theirs was activated, it was about as fast as my iPhone but I'm still not sure I want one. Also, they didn't have them either, special order. This equals fail right from the beginning, who wants to wait for the phone when you are at the store ready to buy?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T via Cricket Wireless, Verizon via RedPocket, Alachua County CCC via Motorola SmartZone
    Feedback Score
    Anyone know about the signal/reception and battery life? My Blackberry has good reception and the battery does well as long as I stay off the internet. I just got en extended battery but it won't fit in my case. I will kill this BB if it's not in the Otterbox.

Device(s)
    env 3
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    yes the one i tried was active . and i believe availible in the store but im not positive . i was expecting a more high end feel for some reason and it was a let down for me . not saying its not a solid phone other wise .

Device(s)
    motorola moto x
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I dont honestly think anyone has one yet to offer any opinons other then FAUguy, and he will let us know what he thinks as he uses it.
    I would have picked one up today to test out and report on but neither store had them.
    It is different, feels good in your hand and comfortable up to your ear, the sound quality isnt bad, but doesnt seem to have enough bass for my liking, kind of like the other Casios, and im sure thats due to the membrane over the speaker.

Feedback Score
    I'm depending on you guys, because I don't have a verizon wireless store anywhere near me. I have to have one shipped.

Device(s)
    Casio G'zOne
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I tried one in the store last week and seemed pretty nice. I need something rugged as I'm occasionally hard on my gear and need something to last... Mine is on the FedEx truck for delivery today... Waiting waiting...

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by robertjglenn View Post
    Anyone know about the signal/reception and battery life? My Blackberry has good reception and the battery does well as long as I stay off the internet. I just got en extended battery but it won't fit in my case. I will kill this BB if it's not in the Otterbox.
    The battery life won't be up to par with your Blackberry, that's for certain.

If this was a world phone, it would be just about perfect for me.

Device(s)
    Casio G'zone Commando
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Bing? Really? An Android phone not using Google? I have no interest in Bing. Soon as I read that I lost interest in this phone.
    That's disappointing. And a deal breaker. Maybe the next model will use Google.
    Last edited by Phil-NE; 05-03-2011 at 06:28 AM.

Device(s)
    motorola moto x
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil-NE View Post
    Bing? Really? An Android phone not using Google? I have no interest in Bing. Soon as I read that I lost interest.
    That's disappointing. And a deal breaker. Maybe the next model will use Google.
    In the little messing with it I did at the store when I searched for something on the net it asked if I wanted to use bing or google

Device(s)
    HTC Imagio is currently just an alarm clock
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score

Boston

I'm interested in the phone, myself since I'm about to move to VZW, mainly for coverage reasons, and this is the ONLY ruggedized smartphone they have available. Since I have an outdoor job, I think rugged is the way to go.
    Incidentally, somebody asked about the price? Rugged devices in general have a premium on them so it's not surprising.
    The performance will be OK with me. I don't have to have the fastest thing out there since I need it mainly as a phone as well as for email and random browsing, etc.
    This will be the first device I've had in a while without an embedded FM receiver so I will be checking out the Slacker Radio app, I suppose.
    I think it's got Bing because of some deal VZW made with M$. Nothing to do with Casio, I think. I believe that's the case on more than one VZW Android phone.
    It's a lot thinner than I thought it would be but looks pretty tough. There's two black plastic "rims", for lack of a better word, sandwiched on the top and bottom and they project farther than the body proper. This recesses the side buttons somewhat.

The device DOES have a side button where you would normally expect a PTT button to be. I asked the rep about that and he didn't know other than to tell me that it's not PTT at this time. Another reviewer has told me this launches the G'Zone apps like the compass, tide thingie, etc.

Device(s)
    Casio G'zOne
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    First impressions are that I really like this phone. It took a bit of adjustment of icon's and what not back to where I liked them on my Eris. First glance the casio specific apps seem fun, but haven't had much of a chance to play with them. Screen is very nice and responds well, for what I need the phone is snappy enough when trying to do anything. Call quality seems good from my first few test calls. Seems to charge quickly. The phone has a very nice rugged feel to it and fits well in my hand.

One thing I'm not used to was the volume, going from on, to vibrate, to silent on the eris, but with the casio it goes from loud to vibrate. You have to go into the settings to tell it to not vibrate on the "silent" mode. There seems to be no inbetween on it.

The search button does default to bing, but i'm sure there is a workaround that I haven't found yet. Easy enough to reinstall google maps or the other google/android apps you are used to. If there are any specific views/photos people want I can take some, just let me know.

Side Button - you can customize it to whatever you like. The default is to G'Zone apps

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kodiakstar View Post
    One thing I'm not used to was the volume, going from on, to vibrate, to silent on the eris, but with the casio it goes from loud to vibrate. You have to go into the settings to tell it to not vibrate on the "silent" mode. There seems to be no inbetween on it.
    That seems to have been a change made in 2.2 for some odd reason. Every 2.2 phone I've had has been that way. I eventually added a custom slider using Widget Locker to my lock screen to have a quick way to completely silence it. There are also free widgets on the market you can pick up to do the same thing. But yeah, that change was and still is very annoying.
    Last edited by bsweetness; 05-03-2011 at 05:16 PM.

Device(s)
    HTC Imagio is currently just an alarm clock
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kodiakstar View Post
    ....................Side Button - you can customize it to whatever you like. The default is to G'Zone apps
    That's OK with me. I don't know what the problem in implementing PTT on Android is but seem to recall Moto had similar problems when developing the i1. It's not a big deal for me that it doesn't have it but my brother's work phone is a Barrage and PTT only costs another $50/mo. on VZW.

Is Bing really that much of a pain? Don't know how much searching I'd do while mobile but I don't have a problem going to whatever search engine I choose using the browser.

Carrier(s)
    G'zOne Type-V
    Feedback Score
    I still did not buy this phone but I really want to. Where the hell is XRAM I would have thought to have heard from him by now.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast