Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Casio G'zOne Commando C771 Release Thread

Carrier(s)
    G'zOne Type-V
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by XRAM View Post
    I have been busy. Just ordered one and will be here tomorrow. Hopefully i like it.

There you are Busy is a good thing! Cool glad you're getting one Now this thread is right with my world.

Carrier(s)
    G'zOne Type-V
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fireredak View Post
    I would like to try one also but would rather walk out of the store with it instead of having to order it.
    Me too big fail verizon for not having it in the store. I understand it is a niche market but still very lame...unless XRAM or you say it's the super bomb I just wont buy it.

Feedback Score
    Found mine at one of the Verizon premium retailer stores. Think this may be like the LG Clout and the retailers will carry them but not the corporate stores.

Feedback Score
    I played with an activated one at a Verizon store this evening and loved it. I am looking for rugged first, but have no true need for an android. But the Commando, I like! I considered the Defy, but let's face it, it's not as rugged as claimed and the C771 wins hands down over the MB525. With that said, I'll be damned if I go to Verizon with those outrageously priced plans. The phone is not a month old YET let me be one of the first to ask, can G'zOne phones be flashed to other CDMA providers? I will not go to Cricket if that is my only choice. It's unfortunate because I like my plan with T-Mobile plan and GSM works far better than CDMA in rural areason of Oklahoma. But T-Mobile has such crappy selections.

Device(s)
    motorola moto x
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaker View Post
    Me too big fail verizon for not having it in the store. I understand it is a niche market but still very lame...unless XRAM or you say it's the super bomb I just wont buy it.
    I stopped into the corp store the other evening and they still dont have it activated and none in stock, in fact, the rep said they have no casio phones of any model in stock now, What the crap are they doing? Verizon corp stores are going to crap!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Functianalyst View Post
    I played with an activated one at a Verizon store this evening and loved it. I am looking for rugged first, but have no true need for an android. But the Commando, I like! I considered the Defy, but let's face it, it's not as rugged as claimed and the C771 wins hands down over the MB525. With that said, I'll be damned if I go to Verizon with those outrageously priced plans. The phone is not a month old YET let me be one of the first to ask, can G'zOne phones be flashed to other CDMA providers? I will not go to Cricket if that is my only choice. It's unfortunate because I like my plan with T-Mobile plan and GSM works far better than CDMA in rural areason of Oklahoma. But T-Mobile has such crappy selections.
    If you can deal with 100Mb data .......Page Plus runs on Verizon...

Feedback Score
    As always, the Asian market get’s the better of the phones. The Commando will be released there as the Casio G’Zone IS11CA (ours is the C771). Notice they have it in varied colors. However the narrator did say something that bothered me. Anyone aware of ingress protection ratings? I asked the salesperson(s) if they knew the IP rating for the Commando, while at Verizon. They had never heard of the term. The narrator in the above scene indicates the rating for the Japanese model is IP-5X. That means it has not been rated for water immersion and at best ingress to dust is not entirely prevented, but it must not enter in sufficient quantity to interfere with the satisfactory operation of the equipment.

I understand the C771 Commando has a higher rating of IP-67, which means the handset has no ingress of dust with complete protection against contact to dust and the ingress of water in harmful quantity shall not be possible when the enclosure is immersed in water under defined conditions of pressure and time (up to 1 m of submersion).

Device(s)
    HTC Imagio is currently just an alarm clock
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    It must be just a hit or miss thing. The only one I've seen so far was at the local corporate store. Haven't gone to the reseller yet but the Walmart store had a poor selection anyway. Our corporate store had every current Casio model. Surprising if they wouldn't since Verizon basically owns all Casio handsets in the U.S.

I'm still on T-Mobile and liked their service pretty well but I just run into the limits of their coverage too much here in Alabama. In Alabama and Georgia, the only carriers with depth of coverage are VZW and SouthernLINC. I have a pretty rough job but wouldn't have hesitated to get a Defy.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior View Post
    If you can deal with 100Mb data .......Page Plus runs on Verizon...
    Thanks Viking. I just did a quick review of Page Plus and find nothing but complaints of the service. The way I see it, I choose my provider pragmatically and my handset based on ego. With that said, I love my T-Mobile plan and the service over the past six years has been respectable. So changing providers to because of a handset probably would be nothing but an ego move on my part.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Functianalyst View Post
    Thanks Viking. I just did a quick review of Page Plus and find nothing but complaints of the service. The way I see it, I choose my provider pragmatically and my handset based on ego. With that said, I love my T-Mobile plan and the service over the past six years has been respectable. So changing providers to because of a handset probably would be nothing but an ego move on my part.
    What were the main complaints? I actually like Page Plus. Sure they don't supply stellar customer service and they don't offer support on phones they don't sell but they do offer a great deal on phone service.

I have 2 iPhones with Page Plus and I can't be happier. For $30/month I get everything I need.

Device(s)
    motorola moto x
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I stopped in the local store today and the phone still wasnt active, I voiced my dissatisfaction about it, having been told numerous times since launch day that it would be activated.
    The asst. manager came over and apoligised and ativated it right then.
    I messed with it for a few minutes and am still not really sold, yet, i need more time to checkn it out, and oh yeh, still have to order it!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by t6821hn View Post
    What were the main complaints? I actually like Page Plus. Sure they don't supply stellar customer service and they don't offer support on phones they don't sell but they do offer a great deal on phone service.

I have 2 iPhones with Page Plus and I can't be happier. For $30/month I get everything I need.
    I think it was the wait time to discuss problems with someone in customer service. If I can't contact my provider when needed, it defeats the purpose of having them. What Page Plus offers is what I have with T-Mobile except it's GSM and the handsets I am interested in are CDMA.

Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    I ordered one of these earlier today as the verizon stores do not carry them as you all have been finding out. I used a NE2 and was able to get it for $119. Not to bad, I thought. I'm not an android fan, but was able to play with one extensively in-store that was fully activated. I took some time with it and was very impressed. Compared to any other droid the build quality is top notch. I really like the way it is made tough for falls and moisture, dirt and such and yet retains a very stylish look and feel. This is a phone I can shove into a pocket without a care.
    I'm coming from a BB so just about any os will seem faster to me and the screen size seems huge to me as well. I think I'm going to like it. I liked it better each day I used it in the store.
    I'm very happy to hear the voice quality is good coming in and going out. I only checked the speaker phone option and thought it very good.
    This truly is a niche device and that suits me just fine. I don't want something everyone else has. The durability of it will really come in handy when camping and hiking especially in rain.
    Unfortunately I didn't know of the code for overnite, so I gotta wait a couple days at least and with this a holiday weekend maybe a day longer. But.....good things come to those that wait.
    http://howardforums.com/showthread.p...ghlight=cbreze

Moto X Pure / HTC 10 / iPhone 7

Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaker View Post
    I found it in all 3 verizon stores I looked at powered up web and all, good to go. Played with it alot then ordered it online as it was a special order. Good thing I could test it out because I'm new to android and I feel like I already know where most of the settings are. Sorry you didn't get to try it out and I agree it IS a huge fail to not have these expensive devices in store for testing. I wouldn't have ordered it with out a good test. I really like it and it's due to be in my hands day after tomorrow. Can't wait.

Carrier(s)
    G'zOne Type-V
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cbreze View Post
    I found it in all 3 verizon stores I looked at powered up web and all, good to go. Played with it alot then ordered it online as it was a special order. Good thing I could test it out because I'm new to android and I feel like I already know where most of the settings are. Sorry you didn't get to try it out and I agree it IS a huge fail to not have these expensive devices in store for testing. I wouldn't have ordered it with out a good test. I really like it and it's due to be in my hands day after tomorrow. Can't wait.

Outstanding! My verizon store finally has it in and I got to finally see and play with it, I liked it enough to order to test myself.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast