Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Casio G'zOne Commando C771 Release Thread

Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaker View Post
    Outstanding! My verizon store finally has it in and I got to finally see and play with it, I liked it enough to order to test myself.
    Trying to adjust to it now. Arrived yesterday. A little weird coming from a BB.
    It's amazing how little chatter there is with this device. I have the hotspot plan enabled with mine and it is really slick.
    I know the t-bolt seems to have everyones attention, but I'm very pleased with this. I think you'll enjoy it. The 3G is plenty quick enough and probably has fewer issues than the 4G anyway.
    Last edited by cbreze; 06-02-2011 at 03:11 PM.
    http://howardforums.com/showthread.p...ghlight=cbreze

Moto X Pure / HTC 10 / iPhone 7

Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    EDIT: An update to my commando experience. I'm liking and enjoying this device more each day. My operator errors are going down such as bad kb and other screen presses etc. I decided to give the new opera mini 6 a try and really like it on the commando. I've used it on my BB formerly and it worked well. The touch screen experience with it is very good. the screen seems much easier to flow thru and around, more so than the oem browser imo. i was thinking I had made a mistake by getting this over the t-bolt, but after reading of reboot issues and other things they were going thru I'm glad to have this. The build quality really gives me the confidence to treat this thing more like a rough and tumble buddy than having to always be so careful with it. My final decision will come in about ten days as to whether or not to return it for anything else. I think if the t-bolt was a bit more stable I'd be inclined to move to it, but as of now it doesn't sound like a good idea. I have not had any random reboots yet, but am wondering if these are mostly caused by a bad app, to many apps or something similar. While the tbolt was really awesome to browse with, the lesser build quality was worrisome for my needs. That and the battery usage. My battery is not great and I've certainly had better, but I find stuff running all the time in the background which surely contributes to that issue. maybe just the nature of the android beast. I've turned stuff/killed stuff off and it seems to restart so I suppose there's nothing to help that.
    All in all tho it is really a sweet device and I've been very pleased so far. ten days from now I either keep it or swap it for a tbolt. I'm leaning towards keeping it so far.

Feedback Score

Casio G'zOne Commando C771

I know this is a long shot, but does anybody happen to know if Casio will be offering an OEM windshield mount for the Casio G'zOne Commando C771? I have been thinking of getting one of these, installing CoPilot, and using it as a car GPS. I would also get a small amount of airtime from Page Plus Cellular to use it as a back up cell phone in areas where there is no GSM coverage.

Feedback Score
    I am doubtful that many of the features will work if you try to use Page Plus. Has anyone tried using the device with an outside carrier?

Device(s)
    Motorola v260
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Does anyone know when / if Gingerbread Android 2.3 is coming to this phone?

Device(s)
    motorola moto x
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    anyone that has the commando, did you have any trouble getting data to work?

Device(s)
    motorola moto x
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I have spent 2 hours at the verizon store and still data isnt working on my commando. If it isnt working by tomorrow morning then back it will go, oh, they also replaced it with a new one out of the box and same problem.

Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fireredak View Post
    I have spent 2 hours at the verizon store and still data isnt working on my commando. If it isnt working by tomorrow morning then back it will go, oh, they also replaced it with a new one out of the box and same problem.
    Thats really weird. I had no issues in that regard at all. I had a problem with vibrate not working and had them send me a new one. It's all good now. I had to go mail order tho, they even told me over the phone that they wern't available in the store, mail order only. In any case, two in a row is strange. Your account is all good I assume.

Device(s)
    motorola moto x
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I finally got it to work, I put it on my secondary line and had no problem. The store manager didn't try that, he said that wouldn't make a difference, but it did, don't have any trouble with my iPhone on my primary line though.

Device(s)
    motorola moto x
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I have been using the I phone and commando today the same amount, testing speeds and signal, I have not put the iPhone on charge since I took if off this morning but have had to put the commando on charge a couple times already. I still have 62% on the I phone, the commando is on the charger!

Carrier(s)
    AT&T via Cricket Wireless, Verizon via RedPocket, Alachua County CCC via Motorola SmartZone
    Feedback Score
    Yes it does like the charger. If I use mine strictly for phone calls, checking my email & some texting the battery will last all day and into the night. If I use the web browser or listen to music via Slacker Radio then the battery will never fail to let me down. It was the same way when I was using a Casio Ravine. If the EVDO was turned off the battery would last for several days, but if the EVDO was on it would only last 14-16 hours. I'm going to be deployed on a wildfire in a few days and this is going to be a problem...

Device(s)
    motorola moto x
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I am typing this on my commando and it has been off the charger for ten hours and I am down to 39% battery, which is much better then yesterday. at 39% the battery gauge goes to yellow. I have turned sync off and that is why the battery is doing better today.

Device(s)
    motorola moto x
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I have taken several pictures today and uploaded to Facebook,a few phone calls, and internet browsing.

Device(s)
    motorola moto x
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    ive been back to the verizon store today, after being on the phone with tech support for an hour, still wont work on my primary line and they are supposed to work on it.
    It will be atleast 72 hours before its even looked at? This stinks, not only will the commando not work, now non of my other phones will work with data on my account.

Device(s)
    motorola moto x
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I thought I would come back and let everyone know that on Friday the verizon tech called me and went to work on my problem.
    The problem was something on their end and they ended up rebuilding my profile and I have data now on my primary line and all is good.
    My commando works as well as my i phone signal wise and after some settings adjustments gets as good of battery life.
    The earpiece sound is clear and loud and people I call say its loud and clear.
    The data speeds seem to be about as fast as the I phone, but one area that the commando has excelled is in navigation, On my recent trip to the mountains I used googe nav on the commando and a paid version on the I phone, the commando was spot on the I phone app. couldnt keep up.
    The phone is nice and some have said that they have ran it over and tried to scratch the screen and the phone held up, so far im happy with the phone.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast