Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: anyone having problems with straight talk.

Feedback Score

anyone having problems with straight talk.

i am having so much problems with my E71 with straight talk...some of my texts i wont get.its hell trying to connect to the internet sometimes.i will get (cannot connect to proxy server),cannot connect to remote server error.and the straight talk CS is a joke.i am not a noob with phones and all i get is try deleting old files.

has anyone had this problem with any success of fixing it.

thanks

Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I had a problem with texts not being sent or delivered on time a few weeks back. I ended up just messing with the settings, returning them back to what they were originally, and then restarting the phone. I haven't had any problems since (knock on wood).

Phones
    Apple iPhone 5
    iPad WiFi + Cellular (3rd Gen)
    FreedomPop Photon
    Carriers
    Verizon (iPhone/iPad LTE)
    FreedomPop (Clear MVNO)
    Feedback Score
    I know some people here said they get timeouts trying to use data after a period of nonuse. I've had that happen a couple times myself on he E71 and when the SIM is my iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone 3GS using HowardForums app
    My common forum nick: GenesisDH.

R.I.P. Circuit City

We are the Bor... the new AT&T: Your World, Assimilated.

1000th post: Sept. 29th, 2008, 17:42 CDT

Phones
    Nokia N8
    Captivate
    Defy (MB525)
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    My wife's E71 loses signal in a certain part of town, where my E71 receives good signal in the area.

She then has to restart the phone, and then all of a sudden she gets signal back. And, her data connection error's out every so often.
    You can either eat the two peanuts I gave to you, or crush them..

- I'm bout to show a city slicker how to kick it in the sticks -

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by theprodigy001 View Post
    1. i am having so much problems with my E71 with straight talk...

2. some of my texts i wont get.

3. its hell trying to connect to the internet sometimes.

4. i will get (cannot connect to proxy server),cannot connect to remote server error.and the straight talk CS is a joke.

5. i am not a noob with phones and all i get is try deleting old files.

6. has anyone had this problem with any success of fixing it.

thanks
    1. The E71 is a decent phone but it is not the fastest run around the block. Sometimes things get lost in the either, and that is with any network.
    2. Again, this happens with any network, you either don't get them or they come in a day late. I use Virgin Mobil most of the time and used US Cellular for years and have/had this happen on both networks.
    3. Questionable internet is just one of the hazards of using inexpensive service. Most of the time my ST internet works just fine but there are times that it just like my money, just aint there.
    4. I don't think anyone is going to argue this point. Their CS sucks hugely. I have read that their FaceBook customer help is better, I hate FB but I joined for the ST help. BIG MISTAKE. The FB help is just as bad as all their other help, so FB acct closed, all that crap for nothing.
    5. Seriously, the only problem I ever had with my E71 was the questionable GPS directions. I have since moved the sim over to a HTC Aria, The service seems better than it was on the Nokia (the HTC is a faster phone, more responsive and an android which I prefer to the BlacBerry style of the Nokia, over all service is about the same between phones, it just works better on the HTC) and the GPS is spot on.
    6. Probably about everyone has had this/these and other problems, but its a cheap cell service. We should get better treatment, but on the flip side, Verizon customers get raped on monthly fees and I have heard that their customer service is almost as bad as STs.

In the end it is one of the hazards of using a MVNO, Cheap phones, mediocre service, and customer service that needs a universal translator to speak and understand your language.
    Sadly, signing in to a two year contract with one of the big Co's does not guarantee that you are going to get any better service.

Feedback Score
    i currently use the opera browser for the e71.is there a better browser for that phone instead of the one it comes with or opera?

Phones
    Nokia E71
    HTC Inspire 4G
    Samsung Infuse 4G
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    You definitely should consider getting an android phone or Iphone....most of these problems are nonexistent after that. Honestly the real problem is the outdated phones and the crappy software and firmware they use.

Opera is the best browser for the E71.

Sent via the HowardForums Android app
    For instructions on using Androids with Straight Talk don't PM me....I don't usually answer....click here!
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...stop-asking%29

Phones
    Nokia N8
    Captivate
    Defy (MB525)
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I should mention that not receiving text messages/ voice calls can happen with any carrier, regardless of, how well their network is. I ran into text and calls not coming into my phone, when I would be at home all day (with 4/5 bars of signal)

Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BassAddict View Post
    I should mention that not receiving text messages/ voice calls can happen with any carrier, regardless of, how well their network is. I ran into text and calls not coming into my phone, when I would be at home all day (with 4/5 bars of signal)
    Yep that is exactly when mine wouldn't come through, when i was at home and had 5 bars. Bo clue what I did to fix it though. What did you do?

Phones
    Nokia N8
    Captivate
    Defy (MB525)
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by irishmeghan View Post
    Yep that is exactly when mine wouldn't come through, when i was at home and had 5 bars. Bo clue what I did to fix it though. What did you do?
    I didn't do anything with the phone. If someone sent me a text, but I didn't receive it, they would call me and ask if I got it. Sometimes I would get text messages an hour or so after the sender sent the message. Then I would get calls that would go to voicemail. I would get a voicemail notification, and I would be confused. The first time that happened, someone called me a few minutes later and it rang.

I have used various phones, both, high-end and low-end throughout my experiences. So, I ended up thinking the mishaps had to do with the network.

These mishaps happened with Verizon, Sprint, and now (maybe) ST. My friends are studying for their Finals now, so I haven't had much activity with my phone. And, business is running slow, as well. So, after my friends are done with their finals and business picks up, then I will be able to get more detailed in my findings with ST's GSM

Phones
    Nokia E71
    HTC Inspire 4G
    Samsung Infuse 4G
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Hmmmm.....I haven't missed any that I know of with my Inspire on ST.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S 2/Moto Atrix 4g
    Carrier
    1. Sprint /2.Straight Talk (Unlimited $45) GSM
    Feedback Score
    I had problems with receiving text from anybody but AT&T two days ago when I 1st signed up, but I called Straight Talk and it took about 10mins and when they were done I was able to get text from every carrier.
    Fios Home Network

Evo 4g•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••GS2 4g

Carrier
    straight talk
    Feedback Score
    Usually once every month, I have trouble where I don't get any texts or phone calls. I just turn the phone off and turn it back on and everything works again.

Feedback Score
    if i get a android phone do i just put my sim in or will i need to change some settings around.and can ST tell if im using a android phone?

Phones
    Nokia E71
    HTC Inspire 4G
    Samsung Infuse 4G
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    You'll have to change the APN on the phone...not too complicated..there are instruction and proper settings on this site it probably took me 15 minutes the first time I did it....less than 5 minutes now. There are always people here that can help when you run into any issues....the settings may vary slightly. PM me if you run into any real problems. I do this kind of thing on a regular basis.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast