Thread: What is the maximum size a RINGTONE can be on the LG800G??

Feedback Score

What is the maximum size a RINGTONE can be on the LG800G??

I downloaded some ringtones and BT;ed them to my phone but when I tried setting one of them as the RINGTONE the phone said it is too big.

All the RTs are under 500KB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rich in STL View Post
    I downloaded some ringtones and BT;ed them to my phone but when I tried setting one of them as the RINGTONE the phone said it is too big.

All the RTs are under 500KB
    I've been playing with this phone for 5 days; in my experience, the ringtone needs to be under 300k

Are you purchasing RTs for $$$ or are you making your own?

I don't mean to insult your intelligence and I'm not sure what your PC skill level is or what tools you have, but you can reduce the file size by dropping the bit rate of the music file.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by am1528 View Post
    I don't mean to insult your intelligence and I'm not sure what your PC skill level is or what tools you have, but you can reduce the file size by dropping the bit rate of the music file.
    Firstly I want to thank you for your courtesy - in fact I have been messing with PC since the 8088 and DOS 2.1 but I know so little about some stuff. I will try to help others in the areas that I am knowledgeable and I hope others will help me.

What goes around comes around

Feedback Score
    The format can be MP3. It must be 300KB or smaller or it will say "File size too big" It must be 00:30 long or less. If it is too big, use a free audio editing program, like Audacity to trim it to the acceptable size.

Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tincann View Post
    The format can be MP3. It must be 300KB or smaller or it will say "File size too big" It must be 00:30 long or less. If it is too big, use a free audio editing program, like Audacity to trim it to the acceptable size.
    Here's a website where you can make your own ringtones. Never buy them from tracfone -expensive and half the time you don't even receive it, but they have taken your minutes.

http://makeownringtone.com/ I have this phone and find that some tones must be 27 seconds or less.
    The good thing is that you choose what part of the song you want to use and you can fade-in/fade-out.

Feedback Score
    To reduce the file's size but keep the audio length of the music clip/ringtone, you could also decrease the bitrate of the mp3 file. A music file at 64kbps will be physically smaller in size than the same clip at 192kbps. You should be able to adjust the bitrate using Windows Media Player.

Feedback Score
    I used Audacity to chop down a file to less than 300kb. I left the bitrate the same. The chopped file became a lot shorter timewise, but that didn't matter because the phone stops ringing at almost exactly the same time.