Thread: Tracfone Smartphones

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Question Tracfone Smartphones

Are there any Android phones that will work with Tracfone? Or is the LG 800G the smartest phone for Tracfone?

I have a super basic Tracfone with Safelink right now. Would I not be able to just put the SIM in a new phone?

Feedback Score
    Answer to this is simply no.
    TracFone sims only work in the TF they are activated in, and only in TFs.
    You can not take a TF sim and put it in any other phone and have it work.
    You can however buy the E71 or the Nokia 6790 from StraightTalk and after activating, put that Sim in to an Android or iPhone, change all the APN settings and it will work. But know, these are the ONLY StraightTalk phones you can do this with and they are both 200.00.
    Plus the cost of the Android or iPhone.
    It is expensive to do but it works.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1911 View Post
    Answer to this is simply no.
    TracFone sims only work in the TF they are activated in, and only in TFs.
    You can not take a TF sim and put it in any other phone and have it work.
    You can however buy the E71 or the Nokia 6790 from StraightTalk and after activating, put that Sim in to an Android or iPhone, change all the APN settings and it will work. But know, these are the ONLY StraightTalk phones you can do this with and they are both 200.00. Plus the cost of the Android or iPhone. It is expensive to do but it works.
    The OP cannot use StraightTalk. He/she is on SafeLink and that only runs on Tracfone phones. So he is stuck with Tracfone phones.

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Okay, thanks. I guess I am stuck with the Motorola W175g. Maybe I'll consider switching to Virgin Mobile.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tribecca View Post
    Okay, thanks. I guess I am stuck with the Motorola W175g. Maybe I'll consider switching to Virgin Mobile.
    You are not stuck with the W175. You can use any Tracfone phone including the LG800.

The equivalent of SafeLink on Virgin Mobile is Assurance Wireless and that only allows up to the LG Rumor 2, not even the LG Rumor Touch. And Assurance Wireless only gives voice minutes, no texting or web, no rolloever.

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Assurance Wireless is not available in my state. I was going to go with the $25/month plan. I just called Safelink and they said they would be able to transfer my account if I got a new phone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tribecca View Post
    Assurance Wireless is not available in my state. I was going to go with the $25/month plan. I just called Safelink and they said they would be able to transfer my account if I got a new phone.
    Yes they can. I have had SafeLink 2 1/2 years and I have upgraded the phone twice -- from the W175 they sent me to the W376 and then the LG420g. I just got the LG800 and the LG500 should be here Tuesday. I will try them out, see which one I like better and transfer my account to that.