Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Wind Coverage in Richmond/Vancouver quality

Carrier
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score

Wind Coverage in Richmond/Vancouver quality

I'm sick of Mobilicity's lack of service improvements throughout Richmond and Vancouver. Compared to Mobilicity, how does the service of Wind stack up to?
    Wind's new plans look pretty slick too. Finally unlimited data for $10 more.
    Also, can I port my number from Mobi to Wind?

Carrier
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    yes you can port your number over no problem. I find the coverage in Vancouver with wind to be great and it matches up with what I had when I was on rogers. Only been out to richmond a few times in the month I have had the plan but no problems and no dropped calls.

Carrier
    Koodo Mobile
    Feedback Score
    i havent used mobi myself so cant really give a comparison but since i signed when they launched, my service is just as good as rogers.. there was the few times were i didnt have service.

never had a dropped call or anything. data is a bit slow but i have unlimited calling in north america and data for $40/mo.... thats a decent trade off.... this line is for personal use so it fits perfectly... if i needed it for business, i would go with big 3

Carrier
    wind
    Feedback Score
    wind has much better coverage in richmond, they have something like 8 towers vs mobi's 3 towers.

still, inside commercial buildings (ie west richmond community centre, watermania pool, silvercity) you will sometimes lose signal. near windows it's usually ok.

im not sure if the promotion is still running, but if your mobi phone is unlocked, wind was giving away free sims for customers switching from mobilicity

Feedback Score
    Wind is definitely better coverage in Richmond that Mobilicity. My son has Mobilicity and I have Wind; he has marginal signal issues in areas of Richmond that I have great signal and those include areas that should be high priority for good coverage.

Phones
    Nexus 4
    Nexus 4
    Nexus S
    Carriers
    Virgin Mobile
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    I'm in a business building on number 6 in Richmond and I'm getting wind away from time to time. I'm a bit scared. What if someone calls me and I didn't know I am in away zone. But the weirdthing is that after a short while,it connects to wind home.

Hopefully it'll get better later on.

Sent via the HowardForums Android app

Carriers
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    For Vancouver I haven't really run into any problems except being in the back corner of some stores and losing signal. Only happens in one or two places. Any time I've gone to Richmond I've had no problems with signal.

Phone
    Tour 9630
    Carrier
    Doesn't ring a bell...Tell us nothing...Bunch of robbers!...It's pronouce fee-dough...
    Feedback Score
    I'm in Richmond and I haven't had any dropped calls yet. However, when I go down to my underground parking I have no signal. It's brief and not a big issue for me.
    Irresistible 35
    - Unlimited Data + Tethering
    - Unlimited 24/7 Canada & US Calling
    - Unlimited International Text Msg
    - Unlimited Canada & US MMS
    - Voicemail + All Call Control features
    - No Contract

JOIN THE CONVERSATION

Feedback Score
    No problems in East Van (33rd/Knight) in a basement suite. Working downtown by Hastings and Granville and no problems except when going into Pacific Center. Even getting reception in some elevators. My only complaint is when come out from the skytrain tunnel and in Winds "away" zone (Rogers), I have to turn off and turn on my connection to re-connect to the home zone.

Carrier
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    From the feedback here, looks like I'm switching!
    I see much more satisfied comments in the Wind forum already.
    Thanks for you help!

Phone
    Nexus 4
    Carrier
    WIND
    Feedback Score
    I just got back from Van. Over the weekend I took a small boat from Richmond to Saltspring Island. When I was between Galiano Island and Saltspring I was able to pick up AWS 1700 signal. It showed as "Wind Away" but I'm not sure what carrier it was??

PS: My phone was locked on AWS 1700 so it wasn't Rogers 2G. I wonder who it was?

Carriers
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    I've been with Wind in Burnaby, the edge of New West, BCIT, Vancouver, Calgary, and Richmond, and I have to say the reception is pretty good in the Lower Mainland. No dropped calls.

The only problems I've had are being situated in houses. Sometimes I'd have to move around the house to get better reception.

In Calgary, the calls would never properly connect while I was in the basement; I'd have to move upstairs for any connectible reception.

Feedback Score
    I switched from Rogers to WIND just a week ago and, so far, no complaints. I live in South Burnaby, near the Edmonds Skytrain and the signal strength on my BB Bold 9780 (on WinTab+ )is consistently 4 or 5 bars (max). I also have my BB paired with my car's Bluetooth, and the signal in my car is also 4 or 5 bars in Richmond, Burnaby, New West and Vancouver.

The one single issue I had was when I was inside WholeFoods (aka "whole paycheck") on 8th Ave/Cambie where I got a "WIND away" when I was clearly inside the WIND home zone. I reported this. But like I said, this happened one time only.

Overall I am extremely happy with WIND and their service. The guys at the retail outlet in New West (Boyd St in Queensborough Landing) were just awesome!

Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier
    WIND
    Feedback Score
    Most likely T-Mobile - the signal drifts in from the San Juan Islands.

Usually the first/last sign of WIND is on the Lower Mainland side of Active Pass - usually not strong enough to connect to, but you can sometimes see it on the Ferry.

Quote Originally Posted by 403808 View Post
    I just got back from Van. Over the weekend I took a small boat from Richmond to Saltspring Island. When I was between Galiano Island and Saltspring I was able to pick up AWS 1700 signal. It showed as "Wind Away" but I'm not sure what carrier it was??

PS: My phone was locked on AWS 1700 so it wasn't Rogers 2G. I wonder who it was?

Phone
    Nexus 4
    Carrier
    WIND
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by star 69 View Post
    Most likely T-Mobile - the signal drifts in from the San Juan Islands.
    Ahhhhh, of course. I was like "what the h@ll" Thanks.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast