Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: How to with the LG800G

Feedback Score

How to with the LG800G

In another thread I posted how to change the cartoon Icon/theme to the Black theme.
    I read about it in a blog on the phone but the poster there did not say where it was. So after finding it I posted it here on the forum.
    I will post it again here and then my latest discovery which I did not see directions to anywhere else.

First this from the other thread.

Just got my LG800G, discovered in Settings (which looks like a blue dice at the bottom of the screen)>Display>Theme>Black

When you get to the theme page, swipe the screen to the left to see the Black theme. It looks more like the IPhone or Android kind of icons than the default cartoon theme.
    I have only had it for a few hours, but it seems like a nice little phone so far.

ST to IPhone http://howardforums.com/bYd8e
    ST to Android http://howardforums.com/Xael3
    ST to Windows Phone http://howardforums.com/MMuZH
    Tracfone CS at 800-876-5753 or 800-626-4883
    Phone Number for Google Customer Service. 18558363987

Feedback Score

How to add app icons to mone screens

The next thing I found was how to add app icons to the main screen.
    I looked for that on this page http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/s...e=en_US&search but did not see it any where.

On the main screen you have the row of icon across the bottom. Just above it on the left is a blue tab.
    Press the tab and it will move to the top and flip. When this happens the screen grays a bit. A new row of icons appear at the bottom of the screen.
    If you want to add any of these app icons to your main screen you drag them up, or drag icons down to the bottom from the screen to remove them.
    Then press the tab again and you are back to your main screen with your new icons.

Also as I sat here I wondered what the two very small icons were that were above the top row or below the clock/battery/volume bar.
    Turns out they are screen icons. The phone has two home screens, each icon represents one of those home screens.
    Swipe the screen left or right and watch the small icons trade shade. One grays out, swipe to new HS and the other grays out.

Phone
    LG VX5500 X2 (PPC) - LG800g (TF) - Nokia 6030 (T-Mo)
    Carriers
    Page Plus X2 (Verizon) - T-Mo2Go(GR) -
    Feedback Score
    I've played with the phone since it was delivered just before noon. I've loaded my contacts into it which took a few extra steps than other phones I've used. I'm learning the format, hopefully in time I'll be able to go where I want quickly. I've made a call with it and VQ seems good with only a slight hint of words being cut short. I was able to silence the ringtone on incoming calls while allowing the message alert to sound. A desirable feature as I use Trac mostly for incoming text alerts. I moved most icons to the selection bar keeping only 2-3. Browser works, I went to Facebook and logged in.

I have and use other phones with micro USB chargers so I have plenty of chargers including car. It fits a case I had laying around perfectly.

The thrill of activation is over. I'm not as excited now as I was waiting for the FedEx man but I like the phone so far. Adding nearly 5 months to my due date is also a plus.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 25jive1 View Post
    I've played with the phone since it was delivered just before noon. I've loaded my contacts into it which took a few extra steps than other phones I've used. I'm learning the format, hopefully in time I'll be able to go where I want quickly. I've made a call with it and VQ seems good with only a slight hint of words being cut short. I was able to silence the ringtone on incoming calls while allowing the message alert to sound. A desirable feature as I use Trac mostly for incoming text alerts. I moved most icons to the selection bar keeping only 2-3. Browser works, I went to Facebook and logged in.

I have and use other phones with micro USB chargers so I have plenty of chargers including car. It fits a case I had laying around perfectly.

The thrill of activation is over. I'm not as excited now as I was waiting for the FedEx man but I like the phone so far. Adding nearly 5 months to my due date is also a plus.
    I got the Net 10 one and I don't like the fact that there is no qwerty for entering web url, search, or whatever--only on text messages. It's going back. Waiting for the Ex124g to com out.

Feedback Score
    Just looked at mine and I see what you are saying. It is the same letter layout you would find on the number pad on your phone.
    Not what we would all like to see but still something we are familiar with. Also, for 50.00 it is still not a bad touch/feature phone.

I would be interested to know where the screen time out settings are. I found the screen brightness settings through the web page at the link above "Adjust back light display" but it has no setting in it to change the length of time before the screen goes dark.
    Does anyone know if or where the setting for that is?

Phone
    LG840G
    Carrier
    Tracfone (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidPhoneFan View Post
    If you want to add any of these app icons to your main screen you drag them up, or drag icons down to the bottom from the screen to remove them.
    Then press the tab again and you are back to your main screen with your new icons.
    What I want to know is - what is the exact procedure for adding extra apps that are not already present in the phone (such as opera mini, etc)? And how do you ensure you get "signed" versions of these apps?

Phone
    LG VX5500 X2 (PPC) - LG800g (TF) - Nokia 6030 (T-Mo)
    Carriers
    Page Plus X2 (Verizon) - T-Mo2Go(GR) -
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidPhoneFan View Post
    I would be interested to know where the screen time out settings are. I found the screen brightness settings through the web page at the link above "Adjust back light display" but it has no setting in it to change the length of time before the screen goes dark.
    Does anyone know if or where the setting for that is?
    Under Setting > Phone there is a "power save" option which when deactivated it allows the screen to stay lit for quite a longer time but as far as setting the length of time I've not found anything.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Usually it`s something like: settings > display > backlight (backlight-timer) > display or keypad

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 25jive1 View Post
    I've played with the phone since it was delivered just before noon. I've loaded my contacts into it which took a few extra steps than other phones I've used. I'm learning the format,....
    Could you please describe how you loaded contacts into the phone? What have you learned about the format. I'm rather new and would appreciate some details. Thanks

Feedback Score

How to add contacts

Adding contacts goes like this.
    Press the green phone icon in the lower left corner to open your dial pad.
    Lower left corner is "Contacts". Press it.
    Next screen at the bottom shows a piece of paper, add and message.
    Select add and fill in the blanks. When done select save and your done adding that contact. Repeat and rinse.

Feedback Score

How to turn off haptic feed back and change button sounds

Go to the main menu. Lower right corner, it looks like a blue dice.
    In the lower right corner is the settings icon, select it and go to Touch.
    Then to Touchscreen Effects. First item in the list is Type. Select it and select tone. This will turn off Haptic feed back and only give a tone when you touch keys.

Ok so the Readers Digest version is.

Main Menu Icon>Settings Icon>Touch>Touchscreen Effects>Type>Tone

To change the sound the buttons make go this rout.

Main Menu Icon>Settings Icon>Touch>Touchscreen Effects>Tone>Sound 1, 2 or 3

Feedback Score
    Has anyone backup their contacts to external memory (phone icon -> contacts -> menu -> settings -> backup contacts)then edit the resulted vcf file from a PC to add more contacts?

The vcf file is under the "Others" folder.

Update: It works! After you add other contacts, you have to delete the existing ones on the phone before restore. Otherwise, you will have duplicates. It is not smart enough to merge the new ones with the old ones. I use notepad++ (freeware from http://notepad-plus-plus.org/) to edit the file. I was not able to use notepad. If you want to play with it, make sure you backup your vcf file before doing any editing.

Carrier
    H2O, Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellphonefreak View Post
    I got the Net 10 one and I don't like the fact that there is no qwerty for entering web url, search, or whatever--only on text messages. It's going back. Waiting for the Ex124g to com out.

Darn-it! Qwerty for doing web searches and url was something that I really wanted. Thanks for the heads up.

There's still a decent chance that maybe some day I'll still buy the LG800g, but then again maybe I'll just downgrade to the cheapest most basic candybar style, instead (since I was already feeling a little silly about getting a pretend "smartphone").

Off topic, but - Does anyone know if the EX124g does QWERTY for web browsing? I feel like I saw a video of the similar ex128 doing it but I couldn't find the video when I last looked???

Carrier
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    If you install Opera Mini 6 and put it into landscape mode, does Opera Mini's own qwerty keyboard work? (The Opera keyboard, not the phone's.)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob3235 View Post
    Darn-it! Qwerty for doing web searches and url was something that I really wanted. Thanks for the heads up.

There's still a decent chance that maybe some day I'll still buy the LG800g, but then again maybe I'll just downgrade to the cheapest most basic candybar style, instead (since I was already feeling a little silly about getting a pretend "smartphone").

Off topic, but - Does anyone know if the EX124g does QWERTY for web browsing? I feel like I saw a video of the similar ex128 doing it but I couldn't find the video when I last looked???
    I am going to say yes on the 124g--I saw a tutorial for it on Straight talk site I think and it shows qwerty in both texting and web. Don't know when it will come out though for Net 10 or the other two.

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast