Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: How to with the LG800G

Feedback Score
    I thought that I would re-post this to see if I can get an answer to it...

I have facebook on my lg800g, I tap the "blue dice">Games & Apps>Facebook bar, when facebook loads there are some navigation arrows and on each side is 'ok' and 'num' and just above that are two squares with a line on it. Can someone tell me what they are for?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    If I order using my zip code I get a T-Mobile SIM which gives me a signal fluxating between 1 and 3 bars. I use a zip for AT&T and my phones stay pegged on 5 bars. That could also turn out to be your experience. Talking them into sending an AT&T SIM is not easy and you have to port your number and service over. In your case I would wait till you order a new phone. The only bundle now comes with the Sammy T301G - if you wanted to test with the 20M/60D you get activating and then decide which phone receives the bundled airtime card. Although it would not be a reliable comparison if you were using two different phones.
    i called thursday night to customer service. a woman answered and i told her i couldn't get signal in the basement. she started to try to find the 'answer' on her computer, that tracfone doesn't guarantee their signal, blah blah blah. so i went further and told her i had a tmobile sim, and would like an att sim, since the coverage map i saw on the internet showed a hole where i was. she asked where i saw that map, but i didn't have the address, which she confused with my home address. then, i gave her the address to the place where i was in the basement, since it was different from my home. so we had to verify addresses back and forth like dummies. then, she said she'd talk to her manager for 3 mins, but she came back in about 1.5 mins. she verified my address again, and said they only send sim cards when there is no signal at all, but they would send me one. she said wait 3-7 days for it. it came monday, and i called them to activate, since online activation wouldn't work. i believe i got the same person, and she had trouble understanding that i needed the same phone number for the new card. she got the number, and said it would take about 24 hours to activate. tuesday (today), i had the bright idea to turn off/on the phone, and it showed 'service through (date)', so i knew it was activated. i texted my wife, and she texted back, 'who is this'. because it was showing up as a different number (why they couldn't keep the same number, i don't know). later, i got to the basement, and i made a call and text, so it's working. the upper left signal bars show an E instead of a Y. thank you for the sim number info, it helped.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I`m sorry if the CSR messed up the phone number assignment. What does caller ID show when you receive a call from the phone?
    They might be able to reclaim your old number if you contact them in time, but you will need a replacement SIM (a SIM can only take ONE number). I would use Tracfone facebook page and post your problem to the wall if you want to try.

Feedback Score
    Take the back off. Remove the battery. There is a little silver door that lifts up. Place your sd card in the slot gold side down. It will just fit. Lower the little silver door and slide it with your finger nail till it locks over it. Replace battery, replace back. Turn phone back on. It seems that nothing bigger than a 4 gig micro sd card will work according to most of the posts. I am working on this as well. My 8 gig Lexar micro sd definitely does not work. External memory option is greyed out and not available. Good luck. You won't even touch the sim card.

Phone
    S390G LG500G T404G T301G V170
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    jerb,

What post were you replying to?
    When replying to a post other than the latest you should use quotes or at least a name so people can follow the thread.

The last two most certainly deal with the SIM card and not the SD card.

Phones
    Droid, LG800G, Motorola C139
    Motorola C139(Tracfone)
    Droid
    Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Just out of curiousity, has anyone figured out a way around not being allowed to get streaming video on the LG800G?

Feedback Score
    I recently bought an LG800G on HSN. Great price, paid about $107 for the phone, shipping and 1,500 tracfone bonus minutes.
    I’m disappointed that the QWERTY keyboard can only be used in texting and that apps cannot be installed directly.
    That’s what I’m posting about. I can’t seem to get the apps I do download to the computer to work when installed on this phone.
    The two apps I really wanted were the qc reader and a radio app.
    I’ve downloaded the snapmaze qr reader and followed the directions on installing. When I try to launch the app on the phone it starts and then just freezed on the “Powered by Java” screen. (I also downloaded upcode, but the computer tells me that’s there’s no files in the download to unzip.)
    Does anyone know where I can get a qr reader and a radio app that I can download to my computer and will work with the LG800G?
    (Also, how do you start a new thread on this page, I can only see the tab for "+ Reply to Thread"?

Carrier
    TF GSM & ST CDMA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiseontheFlop View Post
    Does anyone know where I can get a qr reader and a radio app that I can download to my computer and will work with the LG800G?
    You won't get any qr reader apps to work, they don't have permission to access the camera. As for the radio app, I have no idea what that is suppose to do but there is no radio on the LG800G and if that app is to access streaming audio off the internet that is a no go too.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiseontheFlop View Post
    (Also, how do you start a new thread on this page, I can only see the tab for "+ Reply to Thread"?
    You go to the Tracfone/Net10 page that lists all the threads and click on the +Post New Thread button.

Feedback Score

I have facebook on my lg800g, I tap the "blue dice">Games & Apps>Facebook bar, when facebook loads there are some navigation arrows and on each side is 'ok' and 'num' and just above that are two squares with a line on it. Can someone tell me what they are for?

Feedback Score
    I am a beginner with my LG800G (TracFone) and wonder if anyone knows of a Solitaire app that would work on this LG?
    Tried Solitar and Sol and neither work.
    Any help?

Carrier
    TF GSM & ST CDMA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alicez View Post
    I am a beginner with my LG800G (TracFone) and wonder if anyone knows of a Solitaire app that would work on this LG?
    Tried Solitar and Sol and neither work.
    Any help?
    I haven't found any free one's that work but if you're willing to pay a little (about 15 minutes off your phone) you can download Platinum Solitaire 2 or Platinum Solitaire 3 from Tracfone's download site. Open the native browser, go to the home page, select downloads, then select games to get to the games site. You'll find them there. Hope that helps, if not post again.
    Last edited by BobbyLee; 03-09-2012 at 10:46 PM.

Carrier
    TF GSM & ST CDMA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by OlenMac View Post

You obviously accepted to have the navigation panel displayed when you installed your FB app, you didn't have to do that. I like it better without the navigation panel taking up all that room. Anyway, to answer your question normally those two buttons take on the functions that the app would normally put in the lower left and right corners but they don't for the Facebook app. If you notice on the sign in screen you have "Help" above the left button and "Exit" above the right button, with a lot of other apps the top left button would become the "Help" button and the right button would become the "Exit" button. Now to really answer your question, click them all you want, they are for nothing, they don't do a thing in the Facebook app. Hope that helps, if not post again.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyLee View Post
    I haven't found any free one's that work but if you're willing to pay a little (about 15 minutes off your phone) you can download Platinum Solitaire 2 or Platinum Solitaire 3 from Tracfone's download site. Open the native browser, go to the home page, select downloads, then select games to get to the games site. You'll find them there. Hope that helps, if not post again.
    Thank you.
    How can I now unsubscribe to this thread? I clicked on the "unsubscribe" in the email I received, but it states "invalid" address.
    I looked in my subscriptions, and I do not see this thread listed.

http://www.howardforums.com/subscrip...9643c5ebe299bb

Is there a better unsubscribe URL?

Feedback Score
    Hi!

I'm a newbie, and I'm sorry if this is elsewhere and I just haven't found it yet, but could someone please tell me which button you use when you're using T9 and you want to scroll through the matching words (e.g change "fear" to "dear", etc.)? I've tried every one I see, and haven't found it yet.

Also, is there a complete on-line manual somewhere? The one that comes with the phone only describes the obvious. Anything I can't figure out isn't in there.

Thanks in advance!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelli View Post
    Also, is there a complete on-line manual somewhere? The one that comes with the phone only describes the obvious.
    Here are links to the tutorial and 45 page manual

Manual 45 pages

http://www.tracfone.com/Common/Engli...sets/15566.pdf 45 pg

Tutorial

http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/t...e=en_US&search 2 pg Getting Started

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast