Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: How to with the LG800G

Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Corky Buchon View Post
    Started with Motorola brick ten years ago and it worked easily and everywhere. Now the LG800g has convinced me to move up from a POS semi-smartphone to the iPhone. Just too kludgey. Try to sign in on the browser and there are no sign-in windows. SLOW. Way to touchy contact selection slider. Too many texts lost in mid-texting. Now, can anyone let me know how to sell a phone only a couple of months old and with 3000 minutes on it>

Thanks and good LUCK!

Corky
    You get what you pay for. LG800G $50 plus minutes. iPhone over $100 plus $85 per month.

Feedback Score
    How do we change the on/off ringtones?
    mine is making the same clicking sound as the camera. I wanted a better sound than the clicking camera sound.
    thanks everyone

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Planner2012 View Post
    mine is making the same clicking sound as the camera. I wanted a better sound than the clicking camera sound.
    thanks everyone
    click on the blue dice icon (mine's lower right), the swipe to the next screen, and choose profiles. press the profile you want to change. if you want to customize the tones, press customized 1. then, you can choose the ringtone, message tone, and volume levesl. make sure you save, then activate it by pressing the checkmark next to the profile's name. you can have different sounds for different profiles, which is handy when you're in different areas of privacy.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Planner2012 View Post
    thanks everyone
    click on the blue dice icon (mine's lower right), the swipe to the next screen, and choose profiles. press the profile you want to change. if you want to customize the tones, press customized 1. and then you can choose the ringtone, message tone, and volume levels. make sure you save, and then activate it by pressing the checkmark next to the profile's name. you can have different sounds for different profiles, which is handy when you're in different areas of privacy.

Feedback Score
    hey guys, got a lg800g question here.....Is it possible to use the internet connection on the phone on a paired laptop ?.......I want to be able to surf the internet, check email etc on my laptop instead of the tiny lg800g screen......i spend a little time in northern maine, where i can get cell phone access, but no internet access (well there is internet access, but, its horribly slow 26.8 kbps dialup)

Feedback Score
    It does not have that ability. Actually, you would be better served by dial-up.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    It does not have that ability. Actually, you would be better served by dial-up.
    Ok, thanks, oh well, I guess i won't be tethering my safelink minutes/tracphone, hey, no complaints, the minutes are free.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Masterson View Post
    hey guys, got a lg800g question here.....Is it possible to use the internet connection on the phone on a paired laptop ?.......I want to be able to surf the internet, check email etc on my laptop instead of the tiny lg800g screen......i spend a little time in northern maine, where i can get cell phone access, but no internet access (well there is internet access, but, its horribly slow 26.8 kbps dialup)
    northern maine providers, so maybe you can speed it up?

Phones
    LG800
    W370
    lg 800g
    Carrier
    tracfone
    Feedback Score
    If you want tracfone type prices with real wifi..., but no data over the network. Try searching byod and page plus. I am loving my evo on page plus. Combined with wifi calling via groove ip, I am living the dream.
    Lions Rule!

Feedback Score

Can you record a telephone conversation with the LG800G? I could with LG500G

I could put a caller on speaker and was given the option of recording the conversation on the LG500G. As anyone figured out a way to do this with the LG800G???

When I make a call, I can put it on speaker, but it doesn't give the record option and doesn't let me goi to any other apps.

I work as a journalist and this functionality is extremely important.

Feedback Score

How to remove auto capital on the first letter

I'm trying to enter passwords on a mobile web site. How do I keep the first letter from appearing as a capital when I enter it on the keypad?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by headscratcher View Post
    I'm trying to enter passwords on a mobile web site. How do I keep the first letter from appearing as a capital when I enter it on the keypad?
    when i type a message, i use lowercase by pressing the arrow on the bottom left (2 times). sometimes it changes back to caps, but i just press it again.

also, when you press the 123/character key, you can use the same arrow to scroll through its 3 pages.

Feedback Score

How to remove auto capital on the first letter

Quote Originally Posted by headscratcher View Post
    Tap the SHIFT key three times. Who Knew???

Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RAPTORFANG View Post
    there is a qwerty in the lg800g tracfone. Just click the message icon, when it comes up, you will see a small square on the bottom left of the screen with lines in it. Click it and it gives you the option to use the qwerty keybord!!!!
    Raptorfang wanted to know if there is QWERTY for web browsing. I don't believe so, but correct me if I'm wrong. I'd luv to be wrong on this point.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zoonie4howard View Post
    Raptorfang wanted to know if there is QWERTY for web browsing. I don't believe so, but correct me if I'm wrong. I'd luv to be wrong on this point.
    If a QWERTY keyboard is available in the Default browser, I'm unaware of it, or how to get to it. I believe this option IS available in at least one other APP browser.

So far I've wasted about 15 airtime minutes trying to get into my GMail account. Using the mobile Web is excruciatingly slow. I'd only use it in case of emergency.

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast