Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: How to with the LG800G

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    If the screen is black or the screen is locked, try a quick single push of the power button. You will immediately see the unlocked "home" screen.

Carrier
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    Just opened up the packaging on my lg800g, notice NONE of the online tutorials mention a speed-dialing option, is there one and if so how do you access it, have that feature on my old Samsung T401g and would hope it's hidden in there somewhere on the LG800G

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mongooserider View Post
    Just opened up the packaging on my lg800g, notice NONE of the online tutorials mention a speed-dialing option, is there one and if so how do you access it, have that feature on my old Samsung T401g and would hope it's hidden in there somewhere on the LG800G
    Yes it has speed dial. Cannot remember where it`s shown:

Manual:
    http://www.tracfone.com/Common/Engli...sets/15566.pdf

Both Tutorials and Quick start/user guide:
    http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/s...e=en_US&search

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mongooserider View Post
    If I understand the speed dial question correctly...
    Go into "Contacts"
    Tap the "Menu" icon on bottom left
    Tap "Speed Dials"
    Screen is presented with 9 squares
    Select a square "2 thru 9" by tapping it (1 is reserved for voicemail)
    "Contacts" list is presented
    Scroll thru and tap "Contact" that you want to assign to that speed dial

The 800G has two "Home" screens
    On the "Home" screen with the "Airtime Info" icon, swipe your finger right to left
    The second screen will appear. This is the "Speed Dial" screen
    Tap the blue arrow in the lower left corner
    Your assigned "Speed Dial" contacts will be on the bottom of the screen
    Slide your preferred "Speed Dial" selections up to the screen
    Tap the arrow in the upper left corner to go back to the "Speed Dial" home screen

Carrier
    H2O, Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    For those interested in the LG800g's MP3 feature...

There's a free program called Media Monkey (for Windows) that works pretty good for transferring songs to the phone. It's basically like iTunes, but works with non-Apple products. I'm sure there are probably many other computer programs that could do the same thing, too, (maybe even Windows Media Player?) but this is the only one I've tried. Regardless, using a program like this sure as heck beats copying and pasting one song at a time.

Also, off-topic but... I posted in a different thread something with regards to the MP3 player's sound quality. fwiw, I still find it to have a pleasing sound, but after some extended use, I now realize that there is definitely a slight amount of background hiss when playing MP3s (but I don't notice it during songs; mostly just between songs). So it's not audiophile quality. (Well... duh, right?)

Carrier
    H2O, Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    LG800g works with Ford Sync. For both calls and music.

At least it does when tested on a 2010 Mercury Milan. I won't go into the steps for pairing via Bluetooth, but I will say that Bluetooth calling works fine. However, what really impressed me was that I could access the MP3 files on the LG800g via the Ford Sync, too (when using a cable).

Step 1: Hook micro-USB to regular USB cable up between the phone and the car.
    Step 2: The phone will ask if you want to "connect to mass storage device?".
    Step 3: Press yes and, from what I can tell, the Ford Sync thinks of your phone as a USB drive full of MP3 files that can be accessed via Ford Sync's voice commands.

Somewhat surprisingly the phone is still able to make and receive calls (via Ford Sync) so long as it's paired via Bluetooth for calls. In a test, I was listening to an MP3 and when my LG800g rang, the music stopped and the call was routed thru the Ford Sync. And when the call was done, it automatically went back to playing the MP3 music. So it worked pretty much like a big ol' fancy iPhone does. And that shouldn't be too shocking, other than I wasn't sure what to expect.

The only downside is that when connected via USB cable to Ford Sync, the screen on the LG800g never shuts off. It will dim, though.

fwiw, I also tried playing MP3 music files via Bluetooth via Ford Sync. This feature didn't work quite so good, unfortunately. I could successfully 'push' music when the connection was initiated by the phone to the car, but when I let the car initiate the bluetooth music playback where it would 'pull' the MP3 off of the phone there were issues (kept trying to disconnect/reconnect). So don't plan on using that particular feature. Oh, well... Bluetooth audio for MP3 music wasn't nearly as good sounding as when compared to sound quality when hooked up via USB cable, anyway. (Plus, then you get to use voice commands.)

Carrier
    Net10
    Feedback Score

Picture size limitation on lg 800g

Is there a MAXIMUM size limitation on the LG 800G for picture transfer, I've sent pictures taken with the cell with no problem, wonder how large a picture I can receive via e-mail, pc transfer via usb cable or text. Also, is there a size limitation on downloading ringtones, saw somewhere that someone had problems with anything over 300kb.

Thanks!

Phone
    S390G LG500G T404G T301G V170
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    No limits on transfering files or MP3s via BT or USB.

The 300k limit is just for using MP3s as ringtones.
    Same with MMS messages and sending attachments (pics or audio).
    Someone mentioned a 300k limit on webpages with the default browser too.

Not sure how you are planningto send email, but I suspect that limit would apply with the default tools.

Using another browser (Opera/Bolt) I suspect would not have those limits, though I have no first hand knowledge.

Feedback Score

Getting music into playlist

I've added a SDHC 4 GB card and have some music files there, but when I use the shortcut on the home page, no music files appear. Message says "files do not exist". I've tried copying the files to the sounds folder, still no luck. Wonder what I'm doing wrong?

Feedback Score
    Any one know how to add wall paper from your pc to these phones.
    I just got some great shots of the western sky, clouds had 4 or 5 different colors in them. Took the pictures on my StraightTalk Android and want to transfer them from my PC to the LG800g.
    Can't figure out how its done. Any ideas?

ST to IPhone http://howardforums.com/bYd8e
    ST to Android http://howardforums.com/Xael3
    ST to Windows Phone http://howardforums.com/MMuZH
    Tracfone CS at 800-876-5753 or 800-626-4883
    Phone Number for Google Customer Service. 18558363987

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TR3 View Post
    I've added a SDHC 4 GB card and have some music files there, but when I use the shortcut on the home page, no music files appear. Message says "files do not exist". I've tried copying the files to the sounds folder, still no luck. Wonder what I'm doing wrong?
    That is the right place .. when connected to your PC by cable, you will see a number of folders for the device (representing the SDHC card), one of which is "Sounds". Copying mp3 files there enables them to be seen by the phone's system. You can also make sub-folders for albums, including album art ( tho it doesn't seem to show those graphics except when playing a song). If you aren't seeing music files there, maybe the SDHC card is incompatable or corrupt? If you go into the phone's system choices, does it show the 4gb SDHC as being there as "external memory"?

Feedback Score
    transfer the images to the phone by cable to the 'images" folder.

Feedback Score

Getting music into playlist

Quote Originally Posted by David53 View Post
    That is the right place .. when connected to your PC by cable, you will see a number of folders for the device (representing the SDHC card), one of which is "Sounds". Copying mp3 files there enables them to be seen by the phone's system. You can also make sub-folders for albums, including album art ( tho it doesn't seem to show those graphics except when playing a song). If you aren't seeing music files there, maybe the SDHC card is incompatable or corrupt? If you go into the phone's system choices, does it show the 4gb SDHC as being there as "external memory"?
    Thanks for the response David53. Yes, the SDHC is showing as the external memory. I checked the folders and the music files are showing under "Sounds" on both the external memory as well as in the "my stuff" "Sounds" folder. It is not, however, in the "default sounds" folder. I tried to put them there, but couldn't figure it out.

Phone
    LG840G
    Carrier
    Tracfone (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidPhoneFan View Post
    Any one know how to add wall paper from your pc to these phones.
    I just got some great shots of the western sky, clouds had 4 or 5 different colors in them. Took the pictures on my StraightTalk Android and want to transfer them from my PC to the LG800g.
    Can't figure out how its done. Any ideas?
    You should just be able to put the pics into your Pictures folder and then use them as desired. However, you have to make sure they are not too large - I haven't determined what is too large - I have reduced the size of all images that I have sent to my phone to a max size of like 500k each - and they all work fine. Larger than that and then they don't work - i.e., don't use 1 Meg sized pics! I transfer pics with my USB cable - but Bluetooth or USB should work (USB works only if you have a microSD card on the phone).

You can reduce the size of the pic with a program like Irfanview or similar free program.

Then once you have the pics on the phone, just go to Settings, Display, Wallpaper, Homescreen, and you might have to click on the bottom left icon to change the view option to Grid or List view to see all of your pics that are on your phone. Then just select the pic you want, tap "Set" at the bottom of the display, and that's it.

Phone
    S390G LG500G T404G T301G V170
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    str8mro,
    500k what? bytes, pixels, picas?

If bytes, are you increasing the compression or decreasing the number of pixels to get the file size down?

I haven't played with my LG500G much yet, but I do have some pictures that I cannot zoom in on.
    800x600 zooms fine but 1728x1152 wont, though the file is only 400KB

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast