Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: How to with the LG800G

Phone
    LG840G
    Carrier
    Tracfone (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    str8mro,
    500k what? bytes, pixels, picas?

If bytes, are you increasing the compression or decreasing the number of pixels to get the file size down?

I haven't played with my LG500G much yet, but I do have some pictures that I cannot zoom in on.
    800x600 zooms fine but 1728x1152 wont, though the file is only 400KB
    500kb - I reduce the size of the pics by reducing the resolution by using the program I mentioned - Irfanview. Like I said, I don't know what the max size is that the phone can handle, I just know that the pics that my digital camera takes (at 7 megapixel setting, file size greater than 1 meg each) were not working (could not view) when I transferred them to the phone's microSD card. But when I reduced the resolution such that the file size was 500 kb or less, and then transferred the pics over, they were then viewable, and looked great. And zooming works great on them.

Phones
    LG800
    W370
    lg 800g
    Carrier
    tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I would like to add the task app to the main screen... but it is not in the list at the bottom of the screen when I switch to the "app add" mode... I have scrolled through the the list... nothing. Kinda odd. Any tips?
    Lions Rule!

Phone
    S390G LG500G T404G T301G V170
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by srt8mro View Post
    Like I said, I don't know what the max size is that the phone can handle, I just know that the pics that my digital camera takes were not working (could not view) when I transferred them to the phone's microSD card.
    What resolution are you using?
    I'm wondering if the LG800G will zoom on higher res pics.
    The 1728x1152 pics will display full screen on the LG500G, but I cannot zoom in on them.

Can you try a few at 1728x1152 on it?
    What compression setting are you using?

(Note: Long time IranView user. Great little app)
    I won't be able to play with it til the weekend.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by theroar View Post
    I would like to add the task app to the main screen... but it is not in the list at the bottom of the screen when I switch to the "app add" mode... I have scrolled through the the list... nothing. Kinda odd. Any tips?
    You are stuck with the short cuts LG chose to include for home page display. No way to make changes.

Phone
    LG840G
    Carrier
    Tracfone (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    What resolution are you using?
    I'm wondering if the LG800G will zoom on higher res pics.
    The 1728x1152 pics will display full screen on the LG500G, but I cannot zoom in on them.

Can you try a few at 1728x1152 on it?
    What compression setting are you using?

(Note: Long time IranView user. Great little app)
    I won't be able to play with it til the weekend.
    When using IrfanView I just open the pic and notice the pic is originally 4288 X 2416 - for a size of 1.84 Meg, and that doesn't work. So I select Image, Resize/Resample, and on the right side, under New size, I select 1920 X 1080, then select Save As, and save a new instance of the pic (I still want the original of course). That creates a copy that is 257 kb in size, and that will work fine in the phone. I have had pics up to 400 kb work fine - haven't tried anything over 500 kb yet.

Feedback Score
    You should just be able to put the pics into your Pictures folder and then use them as desired. However, you have to make sure they are not too large - I haven't determined what is too large - I have reduced the size of all images that I have sent to my phone to a max size of like 500k each - and they all work fine. Larger than that and then they don't work - i.e., don't use 1 Meg sized pics! I transfer pics with my USB cable - but Bluetooth or USB should work (USB works only if you have a microSD card on the phone).

You can reduce the size of the pic with a program like Irfanview or similar free program.

Then once you have the pics on the phone, just go to Settings, Display, Wallpaper, Homescreen, and you might have to click on the bottom left icon to change the view option to Grid or List view to see all of your pics that are on your phone. Then just select the pic you want, tap "Set" at the bottom of the display, and that's it.
    I have plugged the phone up to my PC but it does not register it. Nothing shows on my pc to indicate that it sees the phone as a external drive or anything. I don't have a SD card in it yet all pics are on phone memory. I don't know if that makes a difference. If the phone won't register without a SD card in it or if the phone needs to be set to something in the settings in order for the PC to see it.

ST to IPhone http://howardforums.com/bYd8e
    ST to Android http://howardforums.com/Xael3
    ST to Windows Phone http://howardforums.com/MMuZH
    Tracfone CS at 800-876-5753 or 800-626-4883
    Phone Number for Google Customer Service. 18558363987

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidPhoneFan View Post
    I have plugged the phone up to my PC but it does not register it. Nothing shows on my pc to indicate that it sees the phone as a external drive or anything. I don't have a SD card in it yet all pics are on phone memory. I don't know if that makes a difference. If the phone won't register without a SD card in it or if the phone needs to be set to something in the settings in order for the PC to see it.
    The phone will not let your PC see its internal memory. The phone will let your PC see the contents of an SD card.

Phone
    LG840G
    Carrier
    Tracfone (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidPhoneFan View Post
    Yes you do need to have a microSD card in the phone for the USB connection to work. The max size is 4 GB for the LG800G. Another possibility to get pics to the phone is to do a Bluetooth transfer between the PC to phone (if your PC has Bluetooth), or between your phones.

Phone
    S390G LG500G T404G T301G V170
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    I select 1920 X 1080
    Interesting. I guess I'll have to play with the LG500G some and see what I can figure out.
    I know the LG800G has a higher res camera (2MP vs 1.3) so it may be a software difference, or it may be a RAM issue (ie the LG800G has more RAM, ie volatile memory, than the LG500G).

It would be interesting to know the highest resolution image either phone will display and zoom on.

Feedback Score
    Ok, thanks. Didn't know for sure. But now I do. I have a 4 gig SD on the way from Amazon so once it is in I will be able to put Wall papers on it.

Carrier
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    The max size is 4 GB for the LG800G.
    I found a Samsung 16 GB (Gigabyte) Micro SDHC Memory Card for LG 800G at accessorywiz.com. If I purchase that and try to use it, will it not work, then?

Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    There have been many posts regarding the SD card size - 4 GB seems to be the largest one that will function in this phone (no matter what you read).

Carrier
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, I just found a bunch of them. I wonder why LG is saying one thing while the phones are doing another. False advertising? That was one of the selling points for me to order this phone, which I just got two days ago. It's a good thing I didn't order the memory card yet!

Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Probably the true LG phone (T310) will take the larger SD card. By the time tracfone got done with it only the 4 GB will work. Have been using tracs for many many years - this is High Class for tracfone.

Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TR3 View Post
    I've added a SDHC 4 GB card and have some music files there, but when I use the shortcut on the home page, no music files appear. Message says "files do not exist". I've tried copying the files to the sounds folder, still no luck. Wonder what I'm doing wrong?
    Have been playing music files on this phone for about 2 weeks. However, I downloaded my files to the "music" file on the SD card (not the "sounds" file). So far have only put ringtones into the "sounds". This set up seems to work fine.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast