Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: How to with the LG800G

Phone
    S390G LG500G T404G T301G V170
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by weiden1 View Post
    Probably the true LG phone (T310) will take the larger SD card. By the time tracfone got done with it only the 4 GB will work. Have been using tracs for many many years - this is High Class for tracfone.
    All the T310 specs I've seen say 4GB max as well. I think that store is just confused.
    http://www.gsmarena.com/lg_wink_style_t310-3411.php
    http://www.gsmarena.com/lg_cookie_style_t310-3458.php

Carrier
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Does it matter if the memory card is SD or SDHD?

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardnas View Post
    Does it matter if the memory card is SD or SDHD?
    No it doesn`t matter as long as its micro.

Phones
    LG800
    W370
    lg 800g
    Carrier
    tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Bummer about the main page apps being limited. Still pleased with it though. The HSN deal was freaky good. Triple minutes is a sweet bonus.

Thanks.

Mike
    Lions Rule!

Phones
    lg800g
    lg800g
    Feedback Score

How to add a memory card?

My phone to me is like my car.. I just fill it up and go. I have no experience with doing anything to the internal workings of a phone.
    I want to add a 4g memory card to my lg800g. I think I do this by taking off the back cover, removing the sim card, carefully inserting the memory card, and then replacing the sim card and cover.
    However, I do not want to take any chances on having to call customer support. (I use Net10 ) If you have ever endured their tech support.. you understand my concern.
    So, is there a chance something could go wrong with the procedure and my phone stop working?

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shellly View Post
    My phone to me is like my car.. I just fill it up and go. I have no experience with doing anything to the internal workings of a phone.
    I want to add a 4g memory card to my lg800g. I think I do this by taking off the back cover, removing the sim card, carefully inserting the memory card, and then replacing the sim card and cover.
    However, I do not want to take any chances on having to call customer support. (I use Net10 ) If you have ever endured their tech support.. you understand my concern.
    So, is there a chance something could go wrong with the procedure and my phone stop working?
    Here is the procedure (its located immediately to the left of the SIM catd):
    http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/s...S&deviceId=718

Carrier
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    I have a micro sd card installed, the question is, how to get data onto the card. I have primary storage set for "external memory", but all my saved pictures go into the "gallery", or I can move them to "My Folder", but my phone (LG800G) keeps showing no reduction in external memory, but it DOES show a reduction in "Internal Common Memory". How do I manually access the external memory from the sd card to get these pictures and such off the cells' internal memory to the external (sd card) memory?

Phones
    lg800g
    lg800g
    Feedback Score
    Argghhhh I need help again please!
    I was attempting to delete an unused app. I did not realize that default was "select all." SOOOOO, I deleted ALL of my apps and games except for the one I wanted to delete.
    Is it possible to recover them?
    Last edited by Shellly; 07-27-2011 at 12:09 PM. Reason: spelling error

Phone
    LG840G
    Carrier
    Tracfone (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mongooserider View Post
    I have a micro sd card installed, the question is, how to get data onto the card. I have primary storage set for "external memory", but all my saved pictures go into the "gallery", or I can move them to "My Folder", but my phone (LG800G) keeps showing no reduction in external memory, but it DOES show a reduction in "Internal Common Memory". How do I manually access the external memory from the sd card to get these pictures and such off the cells' internal memory to the external (sd card) memory?
    You cannot access the phone's internal memory from the computer - but what you can do is move the pics from the phone's internal memory to the microSD card. Here's how: Click on the Folder widget on the main screen (or "My Stuff" from the Settings screen), then at the top, look at the tabs - click on the middle one to view the phone's memory contents. Now click on the lower left "notebook-like" icon and then click "Move" and then select the pics you want to move, then click Move. Now it should be highlighting the right tab - the external memory - so choose the folder you want to move the pics to, or create a new folder, or just use the current folder. That's it. Now you will be able to access these pics via the computer/USB cable method because they are now on the microSD card.

Phones
    LG 800G & LG enV3
    LG800G
    LG enV3
    Carrier
    Best no-contract deal (TracFone works)
    Feedback Score

Unhappy wondering about contact list input

Has anyone tried taking out the SIM card and loading it from a saved contact list file from your computer. This worked well on my old W376G. I'm curious if this will work on this phone as well.

Just another thought, or two...

Is it me or is this thing terribly short on instructional documentation? In many cases it's pretty intuitive but in others I'm left scratching my head 'til it bleeds.

I'm seeing I can change several things in the manual but I'm damned if I can find it in "settings." And no optional ringtones on board...? Why? I was also able to adjust the screen lock idle time to 60 seconds, but now I'm unable to find where I did that. It's frustrating.

Sorry if this has all been covered I read a few threads and couldn't find any of that.

Thanks for the help and your patience.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score

Phones
    LG 800G & LG enV3
    LG800G
    LG enV3
    Carrier
    Feedback Score
    I had the 15566.pdf, but I've not seen the LG 800G Straight Talk pages. When I searched Straight Talk yesterday for "LG 800G" nothin.' Maybe it didn't like the imbedded space or something...

Thank you much - hope there's enough there to point me in the right direction.

Phones
    LG 800G & LG enV3
    LG800G
    LG enV3
    Carrier
    Feedback Score

Just an FYI

I tried editing the LG 800's SIM card, inputting my 'contacts' through the home computer's USB - it worked great! Some of the text fields were truncated, but a half-hour later I had the needed edits fixed. You need a SIM card reader that plugs into your USB ports.

Seventy-nine contacts in a little over a half-hour, nice!

Phone
    LG800G TRACFONE
    Feedback Score

There is a qwerty in the lg800g tracfone!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rob3235 View Post
    darn-it! Qwerty for doing web searches and url was something that i really wanted. Thanks for the heads up.

There's still a decent chance that maybe some day i'll still buy the lg800g, but then again maybe i'll just downgrade to the cheapest most basic candybar style, instead (since i was already feeling a little silly about getting a pretend "smartphone").

Off topic, but - does anyone know if the ex124g does qwerty for web browsing? I feel like i saw a video of the similar ex128 doing it but i couldn't find the video when i last looked???
    there is a qwerty in the lg800g tracfone. Just click the message icon, when it comes up, you will see a small square on the bottom left of the screen with lines in it. Click it and it gives you the option to use the qwerty keybord!!!!

Phone
    LG800G TRACFONE
    Feedback Score
    That little icon is your memory card icon!

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast