Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: LG 800G Micro SD Card Question.

Feedback Score

Formatting the LG800G tracfone

I was wondering if someone could give me instructions on how to format my phone to see if the card will work, I'm afraid with the red x on it that it isn't going to but I would like to have the instructions so I will know what to do in order to give it a try.

Thank you,
    Tina

Phone
    S390G LG500G T404G T301G V170
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Tina, the red X implies the phone detected something in the slot.

My guess is it doesn't like the card you have.
    Do you have a card reader you can test/format the card in?

Other than that I'd try to find another card. RadioShack has SanDisk 4GB microSD cards with an SD adapter for $10. At least if that one doesn't work you can return it easily. You could probably even try it in the store if you explain the situation to the clerk.

Feedback Score
    I wonder if I should just return the card that I purchased from Amazon and get another one from Radio Shack, the seller offered to exchange it but I'm afraid that it still won't work.

Phone
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    I'd try another card first. Once you have one you know works, then figure out what to do with the first one.

But, is it even worth returning?

Feedback Score

Lightbulb

Tina; As you undoubtedly noted by reading the thread, the 800g is not exactly built with the most high dollar, high reliability components. Many people report cards spontaneously dropping out and then working again after various bits of technical voodoo. My first advice would be to:

* completely power off your phone,
    * remove the battery and the micro SD card
    * hold the physical buttons on the front of your phone for about ten seconds to get rid of any residual electrical charge
    * reinstall the micro SD card and battery (carefully, the sd holder in the 800g is again, not high quality and getting it lined up can be a pain)
    * turn your phone back on and see if it works.

Failing that, do as many others have said, go out and buy a sandisk card from a box store like radio shack or wal*mart, one that comes with a microSD card adapter so you can also check the cards on your computer, and try that... if the new card works, use the adapter to check that the old card works in your computer and that it is formatted correctly, because as others have said, it's possible that you got a cheap chinese counterfeit of a sandisk card, or you got a legitimate sd card that is just flawed in some way.

------------------

on a semi-related note, I had earlier reported on this thread that there is no wireless internet in my area. Apparently that was only correct on my older CDMA tracfones on the us cellular network. the 800g apparently users the AT&T network in my area, and so i do have wireless internet, though it is only the old dial-up speed EDGE network. I got Opera installed.

but, anyone know idf there is a good QR code reader for the 800g's java os?

Feedback Score
    There is no code reader because there is no way for it to activate the camera. There is no camera permission on this phone.

Phone
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eoraptor2 View Post
    but, anyone know idf there is a good QR code reader for the 800g's java os?
    As mentioned, there's JAVA permission problem that precludes an app.

There is a free service where you send a picture (MMS message) and they send back the decoded info.

I've used it a few times and it's worked well, even using the lowest res camera setting on my LG500G.

If you look around this forum you'll find it mentioned. I don't have my phone handy to give you the details.

Feedback Score

Sandisk 4GB micro sd card

I formatted the card and now the phone recognizes it and the red x has gone so I think I'm on the right track and finally I can put my music and pictures on the external memory instead of using the internal memory. Thanks for all of the help.

Tina

Feedback Score
    Has anyone been able to find any good apps and games for this phone as of yet? or know where to look for some?

Feedback Score
    Good, you got the card to work. Did you format it in a computer or in the phone?

Feedback Score

LG800G Micro SD Card question

I ended up formatting it with the computer, but I still can't get the phone to use the external memory to save my pictures. When I go to menu, and go to my stuff and click on the memory card icon all of the folders are blank, however the external memory is highlighted and checked so it should be going to the memory card I would think.

Tina

Carrier
    TF GSM & ST CDMA
    Feedback Score
    Tina Eller,
    To have the LG800G store your pictures to the external storage you have to open the camera, tap on the little sprocket icon (if it is visible, if not tap on the camera screen so the controls become temporarily visible). The little sprocket icon should open the camera settings menu, if Storage isn't on that page page down and you'll see it. Tap it until it shows the external memory. Now the big kicker, if you want videos to store to the external card too you have switch to the video camera and change the setting there also, nearly identical to the camera. Hope that helps, if not post again.

Funny how nearly every other camera has an overall setting that takes care of this but the LG800G requires you to change it in so many places . Every model Tracfone puts out seems to have it's own peculiar quirk .

Feedback Score

Exclamation Finally... Some answers!!

I've upgraded my Tracfones somewhat often over the past 4 years and thought they would be getting better with time. Sounds like they need to focus on their product information more!

Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I had 2 cards. A 4gb and 8gb. Neither would fit into my Lg800g. They're SDHC cards. I went to a local cell phone/computer shop. They tried a sandisk 4gb. The phone wouldn't recognize it. The guy put in a sandisk 2gb and it works. He told me that my phone can't use the SDHC cards and to buy just the SD card. Perhaps some of us have to use just the plain SD according to when or where our phones were manufactured. At least I have *something*....the 2gb card.

Feedback Score
    4 GB is the largest to use in the Tracfone. Now I don't know what to do with security code entry.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast