Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: LG 800G Micro SD Card Question.

Carrier
    TF GSM & ST CDMA
    Feedback Score
    Jim EMB,
    If you're trying to format your card and you haven't changed the security code it should be 0000.

Phone
    S390G LG500G T404G T301G V170
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zoonie4howard View Post
    Perhaps some of us have to use just the plain SD according to when or where our phones were manufactured. At least I have *something*....the 2gb card.
    Nope. There isn't that much variance in them.

I suspect (re)formatting the 4GB cards would have worked.

Carrier
    Tracphone
    Feedback Score

Thumbs up My LG800G micro sd card experience

Tina,
    I had the same experience as you with the Sandisk 4gb bought at Amazon, only I wish I had read further. I went to Wall Mart and paid 9.88 for a PNY 4gb card and asked the clerk if I could install it right there and that worked. My wife has the same phone and I had purchased a 2gb PNY card from Kmart and had no trouble with it. I do suspect I got a counterfit Sandisk card as Lisme had suggesed in a previouse post because it came in a little coin bag as opposed to the proper packaging. I have yet to contact the seller OverstocksClosout Corp. to see how they react. Thanks to all the posts for helping with our problem.

Feedback Score
    HELP
    I've got 4 GB SanDisk microSD HC card and the phone doesn't see it. I can plug it to my PC with adaptor or USB cable, But the phone doesn't see external memory and there is a red cross in the top of a screen...

Was formatted as FAT32 and FAT...

Feedback Score
    Make sure the card is in the phone correctly. It can be hard to lock everything down when everything is so small. If you're sure that everything is right, try pulling the battery while the phone is on. That will force a complete reboot the next time.

I didn't have to format my card. I just put it into the phone and that was that. It is genuine SanDisk. I think you have to format generic cards, but I don't know the particulars.

http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/s...ropagation=end

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    try pulling the battery while the phone is on. That will force a complete reboot the next time.

http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/s...ropagation=end
    Done before.
    Does it matter MicroSD or MicroSDHC ????

Feedback Score
    Just a follow up: I got a SanDisk 4 GB SDHC minicard from Amazon last week and have had no problems with it. Yay! My son took my phone from me for 30 minutes, and gave it back loaded with his favorite apps and music!

srussell.

Feedback Score
    I did not do any formatting. When my computer sees the card, it is reported to be FAT32. The phone must think this is OK because it works. It is a SanDisk 4GB microSDHC.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by netvoe View Post
    HELP
    I've got 4 GB SanDisk microSD HC card and the phone doesn't see it....
    The thing was: WRONG ITEM. Was so happy to receive it and didn't check that brand.
    I've got weird "PNY" card and Sandisk adaptor from AMAZON...
    So I bought another card in Wallmart and it works good.

Questions:
    1. What kind of media files does this phone support ??? Tried FLV and it doesn't work on it...
    2. Is there any way to add folders ??
    3. What kind of games or other apps you like ???
    Last edited by netvoe; 02-13-2012 at 07:31 PM.

Feedback Score
    I am having trouble with my 8 gig Lexar micro sd too. I have transfered music to the phone but it stores in internal memory via bluetooth from my computer. Does not make sense that cable connectivity does not work when it states on the tracfone package that a memory card and cable will be required to play mp3, right?

Feedback Score
    So can you tell me what type and size of card you got to work so I don't have to experiment more(on the Lg800g). Please e-mail me at jerbburleson@yahoo.com

Phone
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jerbburleson View Post
    So can you tell me what type and size of card you got to work so I don't have to experiment more(on the Lg800g). Please e-mail me at jerbburleson@yahoo.com
    4GB or less. So your current card won't work.

USB connection is only to the SD card, and since the phone doesn't recognize your card , USB won't work.

Get a 4GB (or smaller) card and then USB connections will work too.

Phone
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by netvoe View Post
    Questions:
    1. What kind of media files does this phone support ??? Tried FLV and it doesn't work on it...
    2. Is there any way to add folders ??
    MP3 files for music.

Some MPEG4 video variant but I'm not sure the proper settings. I tried once or twice on my LG500G and couldn't get it right. Suggest recording a video with the phone's camera then analyze the video format.

Also search the forum here as I think it was mentioned before. (look for both the LG800G and the LG500G)

Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tmc8080 View Post
    I bet trac will close the loophole, kiling off the dim light that got consumers interested in the phone in the first place. Everything else smells of crippled stew. 4gb, vs 8-32gb sd card. Limited qwerty keyboard on the 800g, etc.
    I just picked up a LG800G today and am in the process of learning it. You mention the "limited qwerty keyboard" and I just happen to be trying to figure out if I'm stuck with the small keyboard that you have to hunt for letters on or if there's a way to expand the keyboard to a regular qwerty keyboard. I read about the t9 button for the keyboard and tapping Input Method to Keyboard, but can't access the word Keyboard and get it to transform to the regular keyboard if it exists. Any input will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Carrier
    TF GSM & ST CDMA
    Feedback Score
    twl845,
    I'm a little confused, if you mean you want the full keyboard as your text input, if you are creating a text tap on the Message section so it brings up the keypad entry. Then hit the Option/Menu button bottom left and select Input Method and select Keyboard.

If you want to use T9 in the keypad input you make sure you tap on the T9 button so it's active, then type a few characters in the field. With T9 active the letters you type are highlighted inside a box, if you tap the box with those characters in it, it brings up a list of word choices. Hope some of that helps, if not post again.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast