Thread: Can you port a number to boost mobile when activating online?

Feedback Score

Can you port a number to boost mobile when activating online?

I know with virgin you have to activate over the phone if you want to port in a number. which is kind of a pain. I just don't wanna screw something up when activating my boost phone, so I just want to confirm if I can port a numner in through their website, or will I also have to call in? Thanks!

Carrier
    Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Yes.

Sent via the HowardForums Android app

Phones
    Pantech Ocean
    HTC Touch Pro
    LG Rumor 2
    Carriers
    Boost Mobile
    Virgin Mobile & Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Bock View Post
    I know with virgin you have to activate over the phone if you want to port in a number. which is kind of a pain. I just don't wanna screw something up when activating my boost phone, so I just want to confirm if I can port a numner in through their website, or will I also have to call in? Thanks!
    Yes you can port via the website, when I ported over, I ported over to Iden (easy method to bring in a sprint device) and they give you a temporary number while the port is being completed (1-3 days).
    Left Virgin for Helio and all it had to offer... Only to get "acquired" back to virgin again... slowly loosing everything I switched for. Then came a light at the end of the tunnel when we got "acquired" yet again by sprint... sadly they brought us nothing and took from us everything, so as the ship sank I stayed aboard and then on the 23rd I quickly ported over to boost... and I'm the happiest I've ever been.

RIP HELIO... you were set-up to fail but it was fun while it lasted.

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    On CDMA, usually when doing a port in online, it goes faster, I don't know why either.

Also on CDMA you ensure your number CAN be ported into CDMA where in the past I have personally seen numbers that were able to port into IDEN but when trying to migrate to CDMA it failed because the market transfer was prohibited for that number.

Feedback Score
    Agreed, just ported online from Verizon Prepaid and it took 20 minutes for all features to be up and running on my blackberry. I have to say, Boost's port process has been the simplest I've used usually I have to call and it turns into a nightmare.

Carrier
    I <3 Verizon!
    Feedback Score
    One of the odd things Boost has and Virgin doesn't. Sprint fail.

Feedback Score
    I've used Virgin a few times and so far I definitely see the difference in customer service, worth the extra per month IMO(granted the blackberry unlimited is cheaper than the Virgin unlimited).

Carrier
    I <3 Verizon!
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriss1928 View Post
    I've used Virgin a few times and so far I definitely see the difference in customer service, worth the extra per month IMO(granted the blackberry unlimited is cheaper than the Virgin unlimited).
    Yeah it's like night and day. Especially if you use the $40 Virgin plan as many people do. Well worth the extra $10 if you ask me.