Thread: Missed Calls

Device(s)
    HTC Aria
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Missed Calls

What is up with all the missed calls? I bet 2 or 3 times a day, I goto pull out my phone and there is a Voice Mail but the phone does not indicate a missed call, so that tells me the phone never even rang or knew someone was calling.

Anyone else getting this?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I am, but only when somebody calls me using my Google Voice number.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I'm getting it far less now that I've been transitioned to AT&T, but still far too often...

P.S. Just so you know this is very normal and happens with every mobile network, though at least historically, I know Sprint seemed to have more problems than other networks with it.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA, Vodafone ES
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Uhde View Post
    P.S. Just so you know this is very normal and happens with every mobile network, though at least historically, I know Sprint seemed to have more problems than other networks with it.
    Mark,
    Actually, this is not normal with all carriers. Sure, each carrier has specific areas somewhere where capacity is an issue during peak times, resulting in calls not coming through, but an overly general statement such as the one you made above is simply not true.

If I had this issue with my carrier in the areas I work/live/travel, I would find a different carrier that can provide me with more reliable service.

Device(s)
    Motorola VE20 (mine)
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have to agree with Andy. This is very rare for me unless I am traveling somewhere that the phone is literally registering no service.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I don't get this either. Some people have had real crappy luck with this and others have had almost zero if not zero problems with this. And that's in the same area. I'm not really sure what to make of it.

The only thing I have noticed a trend on is that this seems to be more of an issue with those that converted over from Alltel to AT&T, rather than those that started up a new line of service with AT&T. And again this seems to be hit and miss. Some it works great and some have problems no matter what they do.

I'm pretty much at a loss on how to answer this one. Almost seems to just be luck of the draw.

Device(s)
    HTC Aria
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I think it happens more than people realize. When the only indicator of this happening is a voicemail from the person that tried to call you, there probably is a multitude of calls missed that you don't even know about from callers that didn't leave a voicemail.

I had customers starting to call my office because getting me on my cell was so hit and miss. In my job, a missed call can waste expensive time for my customer.

My sister just started a small business after leaving the legal firm she worked at. She too was having this problem and promptly changed carriers as a result of clients leaving voicemails with the phone never ringing or having a missed call indicator.

The new ATT network is real nifty but not reliable, at least in our area.

Sent from my Droid Charge with Tapatalk.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    dmwagner, that's why I use Google Voice for voicemail. It tells me if a call goes to voicemail even if they don't leave a message, and I call the number back

Device(s)
    HTC Aria
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Uhde View Post
    dmwagner, that's why I use Google Voice for voicemail. It tells me if a call goes to voicemail even if they don't leave a message, and I call the number back
    I've been digging GV since back when it was Grand Central.

But I'd rather just be able to answer the call when it came in.

Sent from my Droid Charge with Tapatalk.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I'm having this happen a LOT more the last two weeks or so. Dunno what's going on...