Phones
    Treo 650
    V551
    Carrier
    Cingular
    Feedback Score

iPhone 4 Camera Video (No Sound)

Is the Iphone 4 Camera, when in Video setting also suppose to record sound? Mine does not. I can record voice memos. The Camera app that came with my phone does not get the sound.
    2008 Corvette 427 Limited Edition Z06

Phones
    Launch Apple iPhone 5 32GB Black & Slate (Factory UnLocked)
    Launch Apple iPhone 4[S] 32GB Black (Unlocked)
    Launch Apple iPhone 4 16GB Black (AT&T) / Apple iPhone 4 16GB Black (FIDO) (BOTH SOLD)
    Carrier
    FIDO
    Feedback Score
    Yes, both my old 3G[S] and new 4 record sound during video recordings in the original camera app.

Something is wrong with your software.
    1999 VW Passat 1.8T Tiptronic (auto.)

Phone
    iPhone 5
    Carrier
    American Telephone & Telegraph Company
    Feedback Score
    Yup, if Voice Memos work then the hardware should be fine, so it's likely a software problem. Restore your phone to the latest firmware and try again.

PRL Interpretations
    XFF's AlphaTag software
    Cellular and PCS License Maps
    Quote Originally Posted by gpatrick900
    I am a little confused. My Verizon phone was able to roam on GSM because they used TDMA. Tell it was shutdown. The phone recognizes it as Analog. If PCS has TDMA, It could be technically be used on GSM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabla View Post
    Y'know, I'm used to hysterical 14-year-old ******** on the internet, but this is exceptional. Never before in human history have so many nerds hyperventilated so publicly over so little.

Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I've recently started recording videos and there has been several clips I recorded that had no sound, however it had nothing to do with the software, in my case while holding it (sideways) without thinking about it, my hand or fingers just cover up the mic completely, whereas when recording a voice memo you would (presumably) be holding the phone right side up, so your hands would not be covering up the mic in that position at all. Before I noticed what I was doing, I would often hold the the phone like a gameboy, on both sides and inadvertantly covering up the mic. If you're recording video and holding the phone sideways, try only holding the phone by having your fingers on the side with teh SIM card tray and the volume buttons, because the microphone is (when holding the phone with screen facing you) on the bottom left grill, and on the top left pin hole beside the headphone jack. Both are in positions that one could easily cover when holding the phone sideways. Try recording again with this in mind and see if that helps at all.