Phones
    Samsung Galaxy S
    LG Optimus Dynamic II
    Droid X2
    Carrier
    TracFone
    Feedback Score

Lg800g

If I can figure this out, with anyone's help, I think I'm all straight with my new phone. (Now that voicemail is finally fixed)

Does anyone know how to disable that little blue lock from popping up when the phone rings or I call voice mail?? I have it set to "never" in the phone Auto-Lock and in the Security Device lock sections of the phone, but it still comes on.

Thanks for any help you can provide!!

Phone
    LG VX5500 X2 (PPC) - LG800g (TF) - Nokia 6030 (T-Mo)
    Carriers
    Page Plus X2 (Verizon) - T-Mo2Go(GR) -
    Feedback Score
    Do you mean the lock on the home screen that you have to hold for a few moments to get the home screen to function?
    That is a safety feature that prevents the phone from doing anything while in the idle mode. If the lock were not there there is a chance it could actually make a call or connect to the internet while rattling around in your pocket which has the potential of saving you a lot of money. You can select "any key" or "send" key to answer, you do not have to unlock the lock to answer the phone.
    You'll have to press and hold the lock for 1 second to go to voice mail..... sorry.

I want the lock on my phone.

Feedback Score
    The screen lock works most of the time except when you make call to voice mail or other numbers where you have to enter digits. Once the call is connected, you have to unlock the screen, switch the phone to speaker mode, and launch the dial pad. With enough practices, you should be able to set the phone to speaker mode and launch dial pad before it screen lock again.

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy S
    LG Optimus Dynamic II
    Droid X2
    Carrier
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by newtoy1001 View Post
    The screen lock works most of the time except when you make call to voice mail or other numbers where you have to enter digits. Once the call is connected, you have to unlock the screen, switch the phone to speaker mode, and launch the dial pad. With enough practices, you should be able to set the phone to speaker mode and launch dial pad before it screen lock again.
    Mine does lock when I go to voice mail. Then, I have to press the lock to enter any response on the dial pad. If I have to tolerate it, guess I'll have to get used to it then. Makes sense what 25jive1 said also...thanks for your responses!

Phone
    LG VX5500 X2 (PPC) - LG800g (TF) - Nokia 6030 (T-Mo)
    Carriers
    Page Plus X2 (Verizon) - T-Mo2Go(GR) -
    Feedback Score
    Every phone I've ever owned, and there has been many has had at least some features I disliked because they were unhandy or annoying or just not well thought out by the designer. I've had the LG 800 for about a week. Sure there are things I dislike about it but I'm learning work-a-rounds for most of them or I just accept things as they are and live with it.
    Its the best and most feature packed of any I've had and I find it very fast when I navigate through the menu. It has good voice quality and grabs a signal pretty good.

The best part... I bought it cheaper than my self imposed maximum price limit after factoring in the free card, Big Crumbs CB and discount code.

Should I expect more than what its offering? I think not

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy S
    LG Optimus Dynamic II
    Droid X2
    Carrier
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    I understand, but my previous LG did not do that. Once you unlock the phone to use it, the lock never reappears. It's a much more expensive phone, though. Thanks for your comments. I'll get used to it!!

Feedback Score
    Another way to unlock the phone that is slightly less annoying is to press the Power/Lock button located at the top of the phone. When pressed while phone is in use it hibernates/locks the phone immediately without having to wait for the back light to go out. When pressed while the phone is sleep/locked it unlocks the phone immediately with a single click. I find this much quicker and more practical then holding the bottom center icon of the touch screen for a duration.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RAZOR0018 View Post
    Another way to unlock the phone that is slightly less annoying is to press the Power/Lock button located at the top of the phone. When pressed while phone is in use it hibernates/locks the phone immediately without having to wait for the back light to go out. When pressed while the phone is sleep/locked it unlocks the phone immediately with a single click. I find this much quicker and more practical then holding the bottom center icon of the touch screen for a duration.
    If it locks while in use, pressing the on/off key returns you to exactly where you were.

Carrier
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Hello everyone.

I just purchased the LG 800G and I love it to pieces, but I agree with the user who finds the lock annoying when you're on a call. Unlike the home screen lock, the phone lock (while you're on the phone) serves no purpose whatsoever other than to annoy, and I, too, would like to disable it. It should disable when disabled in via the auto-lock function but it does not, so I wonder if it's a bug.

Feedback Score
    Thanks Razor0018 that button is much faster to unlock.I am finally getting the hang of it