Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 208

Thread: How To With The LG 500G

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    92
    Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    0

    How To With The LG 500G

    Since there is a "How To" for the LG800G, why not for the LG500G?

    My first how to for the LG500G:

    Minimize the MP3 player. For you prospective buyers who want a better/newer Tracfone, the mp3 player might be something that catches your attention. I have read somewhere (forgot where) that you cannot multi-task with the mp3 player, this information was the breaking point for me, but I continued with the purchase.

    - First you open the mp3 player
    - Then you go to settings of the mp3 player
    - There you have an option for minimize <-- use this to multitask with your phone WHILE listening to your music*
    - You can also lock the phone when the mp3 player is minimized, therefore you can exercise with this badboy!

    * I have not yet tested out if I can listen to music and talk on the phone/text message someone.

    Some notes:
    - Speaker phone sounds GREAT, especially for a cheapo~ish phone
    - I used a SanDisk 4 gb micro SDHC card
    - My files are .mp3 files using the ID3v2.3 format
    - Loading the music from the mp3 player is SLOW AS ****
    - Loading the music files from [MY FOLDER-> MY MEMORY CARD-> Find your music] is ALOT FASTER

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    92
    Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    0
    Sorry mods/admins if this is against the rules/tos, please delete if it is.

    How To Download Games And Apps:

    I just got this phone today, been playing around with it. The games that it comes with isn't the best for my taste so I looked some up online. I went to this site and most of the apps they have under the LG section works great for my LG500G. This is the website I downloaded it from: http://www.mobileheart.com/cell-phon...-games-31.aspx

    - Save the game .jar file onto your microSD card
    - Pop the card in your LG500G
    - Go to MENU
    - Then go to MY FOLDERS
    - After that, go to MY MEMORY CARD
    - Look for the game file, and then install/run
    - The game file will automatically save to your internal memory (your phone)
    - Go to games&apps menu and WALA! You got yourself a new game

    WARNING: USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. The apps that I have downloaded works fine for me and I believe are safe, but since these are UNTRUSTED .jar files, be careful. I have not tried using other series besides the LG series in the website provided above.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Cruz View Post
    Since there is a "How To" for the LG800G, why not for the LG500G?

    My first how to for the LG500G:

    Minimize the MP3 player. For you prospective buyers who want a better/newer Tracfone, the mp3 player might be something that catches your attention. I have read somewhere (forgot where) that you cannot multi-task with the mp3 player, this information was the breaking point for me, but I continued with the purchase.

    - First you open the mp3 player
    - Then you go to settings of the mp3 player
    - There you have an option for minimize <-- use this to multitask with your phone WHILE listening to your music*
    - You can also lock the phone when the mp3 player is minimized, therefore you can exercise with this badboy!

    * I have not yet tested out if I can listen to music and talk on the phone/text message someone.

    Some notes:
    - Speaker phone sounds GREAT, especially for a cheapo~ish phone
    - I used a SanDisk 4 gb micro SDHC card
    - My files are .mp3 files using the ID3v2.3 format
    - Loading the music from the mp3 player is SLOW AS ****
    - Loading the music files from [MY FOLDER-> MY MEMORY CARD-> Find your music] is ALOT FASTER
    Hey, when you uploaded the music onto your phone, did every song have a matching file that said it was in an "unknown format"? because every song i put on my phone has this file next to it, so i can't listen to more than one song at a time... also, did you use SanDisk Media Manager to put all these songs on your phone? because i did, and when it asked me to specify what type of phone i had, i couldn't because they don't have the lg 500g, any help?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,523
    Feedback Score
    0
    Nice phone. TracFone/Net10 is coming in to the 21st century.
    I like the 800g, I like touch phones. But this is also a nice small qwerty type phone. Don't have a 500g but wanted to comment.

    ST to IPhone http://howardforums.com/bYd8e
    ST to Android http://howardforums.com/Xael3
    ST to Windows Phone http://howardforums.com/MMuZH
    Tracfone CS at 800-876-5753 or 800-626-4883
    Phone Number for Google Customer Service. 18558363987

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    92
    Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    0
    @AndroidPhoneFan: Yeah, the fact that the qwerty key pad for the LG800G is only usable for text messaging killed it for me. I'd be mad if that wasn't the case because the LG800G looks like a very nice phone

    Quote Originally Posted by O7 DOYLE 7O View Post
    Hey, when you uploaded the music onto your phone, did every song have a matching file that said it was in an "unknown format"? because every song i put on my phone has this file next to it, so i can't listen to more than one song at a time...
    I use http://www.mp3tag.de/en/ to fix/modify my mp3's tag. Yes, all the songs I put in my microSD is working fine. The filename of the mp3 files is the same as how it appears in my computer.

    Quote Originally Posted by O7 DOYLE 7O View Post
    also, did you use SanDisk Media Manager to put all these songs on your phone? because i did, and when it asked me to specify what type of phone i had, i couldn't because they don't have the lg 500g, any help?
    I hate using media managers and things like that. I prefer the MSC style - drag&drop aka copy&paste without using any program that makes it more difficult for me

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    285
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Cruz View Post
    Since there is a "How To" for the LG800G, why not for the LG500G?

    My first how to for the LG500G:

    Minimize the MP3 player. For you prospective buyers who want a better/newer Tracfone, the mp3 player might be something that catches your attention. I have read somewhere (forgot where) that you cannot multi-task with the mp3 player, this information was the breaking point for me, but I continued with the purchase.
    ...

    * I have not yet tested out if I can listen to music and talk on the phone/text message someone.
    Ah, that was me. I didn't find the minimize option. Good tip.

    I managed to compose and then send a text message with the player minimized. I was also able to receive and read a text message with the player minimized. One thing, though, if you press the new message button next to the shift key, it will ask you if you want to stop the music player. (If you say "no", it cancels the new message request.) Instead, you should choose "Create New Message" from the menu.

    Placing a call pauses the music player. It resumes when you end the call. (I guess this makes sense.)

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1
    Feedback Score
    0
    How do you transfer photos from the LG500G phone to your computer? Tried with USB cord, what am I missing?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    92
    Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bcmello View Post
    How do you transfer photos from the LG500G phone to your computer? Tried with USB cord, what am I missing?
    I used a microSD card.

    Camera --> Settings --> Others --> Memory in use --> External Memory

    Or

    Menu --> My Folder --> Pictures --> Select Picture --> Options --> Send --> Blue Tooth


    As for the USB cord, make sure it's capable of data transfer. There are USB cords that are only for data, charging, or a combination. Make sure you have the right kind.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    BFE
    Posts
    2,019
    Phone
    S390G LG500G T404G T301G V170
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Anyone try Opera mini on the LG500G yet?

    Which version, 4.3 or 6?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    13
    Feedback Score
    0
    I downloaded and installed the Opera Mini, problem is that it installs to the "Game and App" folder so there is no way to get online and then open the Browser and go online with it that I know of. If you go online your default browser automatically opens. If anyone knows how to change it so the default browser is the Opera mini please tell us.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    239
    Phone
    LG840G
    Carrier
    Tracfone (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by rachelsluv View Post
    I downloaded and installed the Opera Mini, problem is that it installs to the "Game and App" folder so there is no way to get online and then open the Browser and go online with it that I know of. If you go online your default browser automatically opens. If anyone knows how to change it so the default browser is the Opera mini please tell us.
    So can't you just go to games and apps, and launch the Opera mini and access the internet like that? Once you select a web site or bookmarked page or whatever, Opera mini should then access the internet, using Opera mini, not the default web browser. At least that's how it works on the LG800G - I would imagine it would be the same.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    BFE
    Posts
    2,019
    Phone
    S390G LG500G T404G T301G V170
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by srt8mro View Post
    At least that's how it works on the LG800G - I would imagine it would be the same.
    I think they meant you cannot change the default, ie what it brings up when you hit the button labeled browser, or if you use the built in shortcuts (facebook, twitter, etc.)

    But I would be curious to here confirmation as to how Opera work on the 500G.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    13
    Feedback Score
    0
    If you go online, then there is NO way to then open and launch the Opera Mini. Yje LG500g doesn't give you that option.
    I don't want to know what you imagine can be4 done, I only want people who have been successful in getting the Opera mini to launch to respond.
    Look I JUST wrote there is no obvious way to go online and then launch the Opera mini.
    Please pay attention to what I write and I am not looking for befuddled time wasting chat or MORE Questions from Teens, I am looking for ANSWERS. I am an adult. I am not tecnologically illiterate. This is NOT my first Tracfone either.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    13
    Feedback Score
    0
    You are correct, the default browser cannot be changed, but there is no way to open the Opera mini once the default browser is engaged. There =fore I find it to be a useless app.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    BFE
    Posts
    2,019
    Phone
    S390G LG500G T404G T301G V170
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Why are you starting the default browser?
    Just start Opera from the Apps menu.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. new - tracfone LG 500G
    By shesallthat in forum Tracfone/Net10
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-20-2012, 06:34 PM
  2. Replies: 77
    Last Post: 11-12-2011, 07:11 AM
  3. LG 500g now on TracFone.com
    By pbushx2 in forum Tracfone/Net10
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-26-2011, 01:13 PM
  4. Seagate Momentus Gforce 500G 7200RPM
    By pistol in forum Other Buy/Sell/Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-18-2009, 12:56 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks