and http://boostapps.com
    Thank you, just what I was looking for.

Phones
    LG500 tracfone
    LG500
    Carrier
    tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I bought a LG500 tracfone 2 weeks ago. I wanted to change the security code it asked me what the current code was, I did not know. So I called tracfone and it stated it was my last 4 numbers of my phone number. I tried that it did not work. Then the person gave me 0000 and 9999 and that did not work. I have called them and went on face book and now they stated I have personalized my security code and that they cannot reset it. I have never reset my code because I didn't know how. My phone is working great. I just want to delete my call duration times but it keeps asking me for a security code...I don't have one...the ones they give don't work....They said if I do a factory reset it will delete my contacts...which is fine...I have them written down...and my pin # will be reset...but my security code can never be found...is this correct? Can anyone help? Thanks.

Phones
    LG500G
    LG500G
    Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    On my tracfone the code was 1234 if that helps. Need help here, but what if you removed the SIM card and reset to factory defaults? You might try LG's website.

Carrier
    TracFone
    Feedback Score

Bluetooth pairing with iPod

Has anyone gotten this to work? From reading the rest of this discussion, I already know NOT to ask rachel. I tried it earlier, and I got the iPod to see the phone, and the phone can see the iPod, but I can't get them to talk to each other. It would be REALLY handy for me, as I'm a contractor, and being able to send pictures from my iPod to my phone and then email/text those images to people would be REALLY handy, because let's face it, the camera on this phone blows goats...

Phone
    Moto W260G, LG420G, LG500G, LG600G, LG900G, Optimus V
    Carrier
    Tracfone Virgin
    Feedback Score
    I don't have an iPod so I would be unable to try it.

The LG500G can do file transfer via bluetooth. I do it from phone to PC.

To be able to send any pictures with the LG500G via e-mail or MMS (text) all pictures would have to be under 300k in size. That's not a big picture or one with quality. This is also true of all the other Tracfones as well.

Additionally, I've long since found it's not so much the camera that is of poor quality on LG phones (same with LG900G, LG420G, LG600G, LG800G, etc.) it's the compression scheme applied to the image that really ruins it. So if you switch Tracfone LG phones you can expect about the same quality. Further, I have a VM LG Optimus V,and the camera suffers from the same horrible compression.

Good luck.

Feedback Score
    This is most likely common knowledge; but when you have the "Menu" screen showing you can use keys #1 thru #9 to access the 'on screen' icons. Example: #1 access"Prepaid", #2 access "Contacts", #3 access "Messages", and so on & so on; and finally #9 access "Browser"... As mush as possible I avoid the 'Home' page so not to accidentally hit "Browser", usually work from the "Menu" screen...

Feedback Score
    I'm new and tired of searching. Can you check your voice mail from another phone. If so how?

#2 Can you look at texts on your PC anywhere?

Many thanks in advance.

Phone
    S390G LG500G T404G T301G V170
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HellvisD View Post
    I'm new and tired of searching. Can you check your voice mail from another phone. If so how?
    I haven't tried in a while, but previously if you set up a VM pin, you can call your number, hit # or * during the greeting, then enter the pin to access VM form any phone.

#2 Can you look at texts on your PC anywhere?
    Nope.

Feedback Score
    Thank you, friend. - Hellvis

Feedback Score

Is there anyway to save Text messages to an SD card?

My text box is getting full and I want to save some of my text, so I bought a micro SD card, but there's no option to move Text messages to external memory...is it just impossible to save Text that way? I tried making external memory the default choice and pretty much thumbed through all the setting to no avail. I would hate to start deleting some of my Text...

Phone
    Moto W260G, LG420G, LG500G, LG600G, LG900G, Optimus V
    Carrier
    Tracfone Virgin
    Feedback Score
    Hi Pijoto, Start deleting some of your text.... There's no export SMS to micro-SD, or transfer out of the phone by way of USB.

Setting default storage to external only affects things like applications you install. Those will be automatically stored on the micro-SD card instead of very limited internal memory.

Quite a few have asked about saving SMS. Maybe in few more years LG and America Movil will allow greater flexibility. We can only hope.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pijoto View Post
    My text box is getting full and I want to save some of my text, so I bought a micro SD card, but there's no option to move Text messages to external memory...is it just impossible to save Text that way? I tried making external memory the default choice and pretty much thumbed through all the setting to no avail. I would hate to start deleting some of my Text...
    '
    You can forward them (use the 'Forward' option) to another phone or your PC-based email. I would choose the PC. Once they are on the PC, see if you can manipulate them into a file or folder that can be put on a micro card. Or just leave them on your PC and read them from there. Remember that you can send to an email address just like a text -- text rates, not data rates, and text server, not mms server.

Feedback Score
    Sucks that there's no way to save them, other than forwarding them to my email...which cost a whopping 1.50 minute each Eh...perhaps I'll just use that for the more memorable texts... Anyway, thanks for the help guys.

Feedback Score
    Sucks that there's no way to save them, other than forwarding them to my email...which cost a whopping 1.50 minute each Eh...perhaps I'll just use that for the more memorable texts... Anyway, thanks for the help guys.
    On Tracfone, forwarding a TEXT message to an email address only costs .3 minutes per text. Forwarding a PICTURE message to an email address costs 1.50 minutes per picture message.

Are you trying to forward text messages or picture messages?

Feedback Score

Wait, don't hit delete yet .........

Wait, don't hit delete yet .........

You can buy a SIM card reader. Here's what the output looks like:
    Header line at top of saved file (of SIM text msg contents) followed by one message I don't mind posting

PhoneNumber,SMSContext,Time,ServiceCenter,Classify
    +1yyyyyyyyyy,Thanks. Will let u know before 11 o'clock.|,111123091318,1xxxxxxxxxx,1

Above should be two lines.

1yyyyyyyyyy - sender's phone # (I replaced actual digits with y's in)
    1xxxxxxxxxx - message center # (I replaced actual digits with x's in)
     - - some junk characters that appear when I'm viewing the file with Notepad
    111123091318 - Msg sent 11/11/23 (Nov 23rd) 091318 hrs

This is the one I bought:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170619476444
    USB Micro SD Sim Card Reader/Copy/Backup GSM/CDMA/3G

Make sure you insert the SIM in the orientation shown on top of the device. I was doing it incorrectly at first

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast