Phones
    Nokia 6300
    RAZR v3
    Nokia 7210/
    Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score

Check if SIM has been activated

Could someone answer this question or if you are an AT&T customer, maybe do me a favour?

I want to buy an AT&T SIM from Ebay and activate it when I get to the US. However, you know how things can get pretty scammy out there.

I came across this page on AT&T:

https://www.wireless.att.com/GoPhone...=activatePayGo

Could someone who has an activated AT&T SIM please enter in their ICCID and tell me if it comes up with a message like "That SIM has already been activated"?

Or, does anyone know another way to check if a SIM has been activated at AT&T? I called customer service, who said, the only way they could check is at time of activation - well, seeing as I can't just grab an AT&T SIM up here in Canada whenever I want, it would be a little too late to find out I land in the US and my SIM's ICCID is invalid.

But you know how it is-- sometimes customer service agents are just robots and only know how to do the standard things. Maybe more experienced agents have a "tool" to check for SIM ICCID validity? Should I just keep calling back until I find an experienced agent?

Thanks in advance to whoever could test this for me.

Phone
    iPhone 5
    Carrier
    American Telephone & Telegraph Company
    Feedback Score
    Just buy it from a reputable seller and there won't be a problem. Heck, buy 2 or 3 if you're worried about it, they're very cheap.

PRL Interpretations
    XFF's AlphaTag software
    Cellular and PCS License Maps
    Quote Originally Posted by gpatrick900
    I am a little confused. My Verizon phone was able to roam on GSM because they used TDMA. Tell it was shutdown. The phone recognizes it as Analog. If PCS has TDMA, It could be technically be used on GSM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabla View Post
    Y'know, I'm used to hysterical 14-year-old ******** on the internet, but this is exceptional. Never before in human history have so many nerds hyperventilated so publicly over so little.

Feedback Score
    I got this message when I tried both a currently activated SIM card and a SIM card that has never been used:

Quote Originally Posted by AT&T website
    We apologize for the inconvenience, but our system is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.
    Check your PMs.