Phones
    Samsumg Prevail
    BB 8530
    Carriers
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Samsung Galaxy freezing up?

I've been a user for over 2 weeks now and it's getting slower and slower. The touchscreen is locking up more and more causing me to hard boot 4 times now.

I'm going to take off the Android live wallpaper, maybe that will clear it up.

Anyone else having freeze ups?

Anyone over clock this phone yet?
    Boost Samsung S5

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Prevail
    Carrier
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Both mine and my wife's have locked up some too. We just take the battery out to reset it and that works. Right now, it's about once per day.

Carrier
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    I have not had any freezing up yet, but it does lag at times going through the menus.

Carrier
    Boost CDMA
    Feedback Score
    i have had some lag/lockups. but it seems to be app specific, Mostly when i use weather channel

Feedback Score
    It was reported I think it was Phonedog's review that the Samsung Prevail had lock up problems. I'm sorry but locking up once a day is not acceptable.

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I'd like to know what's causing it to lock up.

These few people here are the only ones I've ever heard of this happening to so far.

My buddy who got one of the models we sold has had 0 issues with his freezing up, but he has noticed some lag when trying to do multiple tasks like download a file while trying to browse the web, which even happens on my Evo.

All in all, it's still seems to be a great device for the money, and if there are enough reports of something happening, an update should be issued through Boost/Samsung, even though they are slow about doing such.

Carrier
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    NO locking up problems at all... I've had one since they came out. Then again i close all tasks once i'm done with them as well as don't run a ton of widgets. I prefer to have my battery last all day compared to having an "instant" update for the weather or a different style clock, etc.

Carrier
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I haven't had any incidents of locking up either. I also go in a close various tasks after I'm done, so maybe that helps.

Phone
    lg optimus,motorola i425,samsung r211
    Carrier
    boost mobile,cricket paygo,virgin mobile
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (lg optimus : Opera/9.80 (Android; Opera Mini/6.0.24556/24.838; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

the reason its locking up is the random access memory (r.a.m.).it needs more ram.if a phone don't have at least 512 megs of ram than be ready for freezing if,and only if many apps are running. it should be fine if only a couple are running

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by phonemagician View Post
    Wirelessly posted (lg optimus : Opera/9.80 (Android; Opera Mini/6.0.24556/24.838; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

the reason its locking up is the random access memory (r.a.m.).it needs more ram.if a phone don't have at least 512 megs of ram than be ready for freezing if,and only if many apps are running. it should be fine if only a couple are running
    Yep. My optimus never lags

Sent from my VM670 using HowardForums

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    So, of all the people complaining about the Optimus' problems, yours is the 1 exception and has never had a single issue, no lag, no freezing, no nothing right?

Nah, doubt it. Every phone has it's limitations, the more apps you run, the more processor and RAM you use.

Live wallpapers, and a lot of widgets, also slow phones down. Don't kid yourself, stop trying to start a flame war on this phone vs that phone.

Carrier
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    @deathtrip

My GF currently has a LG Optimus M and she never has any issues with freezing, slight lag (mainly in Angry birds) yes, freezing no. Shes switching to VM as soon as our phones arrive from HSN (next few days). So hopefully both of our new Optimus V's will give us the same non-freezing performance.

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I have an Evo, my wife has the Shift, and my brother has the Epic. We have all expierenced some kind of lag at some time, it happens with phones.

Sent via the HowardForums Android app

Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

I had a Samsung Moment. It did the exact same thing. In fact, my friend's Droid X lags and gets slow so often that he has to restart it 4 or 5 times a day. Everyone I know (in real life, not internet gossip) with an Android phone has similar issues, tho few are as bad as the low-end Samsung line.

I traded my Android in for a Blackberry and don't regret it for a minute. It may not be as "fancy", but at least it works. Every time.

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I made the switch from Blackberry to Android. I'll never go back.

The possibilities with Android are endless without the risk of having a paid subscription [Blackberry] plan.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast