Thread: Will the Samsung SCS-2U01 network extender work with a Straight Talk phones?

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Will the Samsung SCS-2U01 network extender work with a Straight Talk phones?

I'm a Verizon Wireless customer looking to switch to Straight Talk. i have little to no signal in my house now and don't expect it to be any better after the switch. I'm planning on getting the Samsung R451C and the Samsung R355C. If anyone has any experience or suggestions please share.

Thank you.

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    If the phone receives a usable signal, the phone does not care how it is produced.
    Earl F. Parrish

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I just received an email from Straight Talk customer service stating:

Thank you for your interest in Straight Talk Wireless. We are responding to your recent inquiry.

We would like to take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced with the delayed response about your inquiry. We currently do not support network repeaters or network extender with our Straight Talk phones. Thank you for your inquiry.
    I am fully aware that this does not mean that it will or won't work. I could assume that if a phone was made to work on Verizon towers, it should work with this network extender. After reading the extender's user manual, it needs to be registered in order for it to work. Questions about the registration linger (register with Verizon? Do I need an account to register? ...) Anyways, please send your comments. Thank you efparri for your input. We are think alike in this scenario, but would not want to invest time and $$ unless I know it will work.

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    There is an eleven page thread in the Verizon Wireless Forum: http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...ender-SCS-2U01

Feedback Score
    I had Verizon and my work has the extender for inside the metal office building and one of my coworkers has the extender at his house because of limited signal also. I now have Straight Talk Samsung r451c and it gets 4 bars in both places. It has to be logging in thru the extender. Before either place had the extender only had 1 maybe 2 bars and would drop calls regularly even with Verizon phone and service. Straight Talk phones on Verizon service at least in my area work just the same on extender.

Good Luck

Feedback Score
    I had Verizon, with the network extender at my home. I switched to Straight Talk. The network Extender continued to work with my Straight Talk CDMA phone, UNTIL my wife cancelled her Verizon contract. As soon as there were no more Verizon users in the household, the extender stopped working. So it appears, as long as someone in the house has a Verizon account, the network extender will work. It worked with my straight Talk CDMA Samsung Galaxy until my wife cancelled her Verizon account.