Thread: Unlimited Everything from Alltel to AT&T reflected in Billing?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Unlimited Everything from Alltel to AT&T reflected in Billing?

Has anybody had any trouble having Alltel messaging features show up as features after the transition to AT&T?

There was the FamilyTalk 500 plan with 500/unlimited night & wknd.

Then there was the same voice plan but with data and unlimited messaging.

Then there was the second line that can be added to either of those for less than half the cost of the first.

The AT&T account management site doesn't seem to accommodate the Alltel structuring of these accounts.

The pricing indicated on the AT&T account management site, now that our transition is "complete", no longer reflects the Smartchoice (data & messaging) portions of our Alltel plans.

Has this happened to others? Will we be charged for our data? There's no way to see our messaging usage and the Data usage is saying zero.

I suppose if continuing to use an Alltel plan on AT&T means using a crippled service in another area it might just be frustrating enough to cause a switch (with an $18 upgrade fee? wtf?) to an AT&T plan.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Once again I am replying to my own query because I found (sorta) my answer after posting here.

I have found indication of our data and messaging features in only one place on the AT&T account management page: the Voice & Data Usage Summary, at the bottom of the page. This hints at us having unlimited but indicates we've used zero of that unlimited which is absolutely false. Is this also an indication that unlimited is really unlimited? That AT&T is not even monitoring our usage?

Of course, reading through the above mentioned page more carefully raises other questions as well. What are the additional purchased minutes? Is this how AT&T is labeling the prorated minutes? If so, why is it exactly 100 minutes? Who purchased those? Certainly not me! And why are those being applied to our calls before our regular 500 minutes?

I don't want to call AT&T yet. I dread doing so. If anyone here has made a similar transition as I and my wife have, I would love to hear your story. Did you find these same inconsistencies between the two systems? Were there problems, later, when the other shoe dropped and bills were sent out?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

I'm a Freshman again!

Here's a screenshot of the summary. So I guess my real question is this: Has anybody else found the voice & data usage summary not accurately reflecting their actual usage?

Why am I having trouble understanding all this stuff? Just cuz it's a new system? Does this make sense to everyone else? Why are one line's anytime minutes applied to the 500 but another line is put in some weird "additional minutes" category?

I feel like a noob.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    My account online shows usage pretty accurately, messages, data and minutes, so I don't know what's up with yours. One thing to note on mine though, the text features we had on our lines don't show up under features, they are bundled in with our voice plan details. I assume this is due to ATT ot having any sort of equivalent.

Sent from my SGH-i917 via the HowardForums WP7 App

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    It took a few days before our usage info was accurate when we switched over last month. It's pretty accurate now. We also had the 500 min & Unlimited data/texts plan (2 phones).

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Strange. Maybe they use a different sized minute at the start.