Thread: Sprint Phone as Mobile Hotspot?

Feedback Score

Sprint Phone as Mobile Hotspot?

I have several different Boost Mobile accounts, using both IDEN and CDMA phones. I also have a new Sprint HTC Touch Pro that I've never used. Assuming that I was able to activate my Touch Pro on one of my existing Boost accounts, I was wondering if anyone has successfully used it or similar phone as a mobile 3G Hotspot utilizing one of the available Win Mobile apps? I would only need to use it on occasion, as I already have a Clearwire 4G mobile hotspot device. Would just be convenient to be able to access the net on my Android tablet, without having to carry around a separate hotspot device which is bigger than my existing phones.

I don't think I would be using much 3G data, as most of the time, it would just be used for email and to sync my Google calendar/contacts on my Touch Pro, or for light web browsing on my tablet. Thanks for your help!

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Actually yes, many of us have done it. Search here or Google "deathtrip mogfi"

Sent via the HowardForums Android app

Phones
    Pantech Ocean
    HTC Touch Pro
    LG Rumor 2
    Carriers
    Boost Mobile
    Virgin Mobile & Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Yep, using mine right now on the road.
    Left Virgin for Helio and all it had to offer... Only to get "acquired" back to virgin again... slowly loosing everything I switched for. Then came a light at the end of the tunnel when we got "acquired" yet again by sprint... sadly they brought us nothing and took from us everything, so as the ship sank I stayed aboard and then on the 23rd I quickly ported over to boost... and I'm the happiest I've ever been.

RIP HELIO... you were set-up to fail but it was fun while it lasted.

Feedback Score

Recommendations?

Any recommendations on which WM app is best suited for use as a WiFi mobile hotspot? I've found WMWifiRouter, WalkingHotSpot, and PdaNet so far, but know nada about any of them?

Also, I saw a post on the forums mentioning Sprint2Boost service. Does anyone have any experience with them?

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Actually, I have lots of experience with Sprint2Boost, what would you like to know?

Phones
    Pantech Ocean
    HTC Touch Pro
    LG Rumor 2
    Carriers
    Boost Mobile
    Virgin Mobile & Sprint
    Feedback Score
    ^heh, I use the last free version of WMWifiRouter on occasion when I "need" wifi, but I know DT could walk you through the basic setup to have WinMo create your hotspot for you- thereby eliminating the need for a program, I would have gone that way but I was feeling lazy at the time and I hardly use it anyway.