Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Refill cards and taxes?

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Refill cards and taxes?

Had a question regarding purchasing refill cards / minutes...

Does Wal-Mart charge taxes and other fees for the $45 unlimited card? I know the StraightTalk website does. Was curious if fees applied to the cards in store as well?

I was also looking at Wal-Mart.com and noticed they had an option for email delivery. On the final checkout page, I noticed my final total was $45. No taxes no nothing. Maybe this is the best route?

I am in California BTW

Carrier
    T Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    I just added the ST Unlimited card to checkout and they charged me $3.15 in taxes for a total of $48.15.

And yes..everything in the store is charged a sales tax if your state has one.

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Technically a prepaid card should be treated the same as a gift card. There would be double taxation if the purchaser of a gift paid sales taxes on the value of the card. The user then pays sales taxes on purchases made with the gift card. The out for states is that many do not charge sales taxes on wireless calls.
    Earl F. Parrish

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGDog View Post
    Had a question regarding purchasing refill cards / minutes...

Does Wal-Mart charge taxes and other fees for the $45 unlimited card? I know the StraightTalk website does. Was curious if fees applied to the cards in store as well?

I was also looking at Wal-Mart.com and noticed they had an option for email delivery. On the final checkout page, I noticed my final total was $45. No taxes no nothing. Maybe this is the best route?

I am in California BTW
    Unless otherwise specified, All WalMarts charge all local applicable sales taxes.
    What you are probably not getting charged for are all the Cell excrement taxes that you would normally see on your cell phone bill. Or at least you are not seeing them on a bill when you purchase the card.
    Like being charged 20.00 for unlimited Internet and having your bill go up 30.00.
    The 10.00 in excrement taxes.

ST to IPhone http://howardforums.com/bYd8e
    ST to Android http://howardforums.com/Xael3
    ST to Windows Phone http://howardforums.com/MMuZH
    Tracfone CS at 800-876-5753 or 800-626-4883
    Phone Number for Google Customer Service. 18558363987

Feedback Score
    I just buy my cards from ebay for 42.99

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tritron7 View Post
    I just buy my cards from ebay for 42.99
    Hey! I've seen that seller on eBay. So I'm guessing he's a trust worthy seller for ST refills? He's request for my ST number for refilling doesn't sit well with me. How long have you been using him??

Also I saw on eBay another seller selling Unlimited Everything plan for $35! However he has not sold many ST refill PINs, requests your number, and has a instance of using an invalid credit card number in providing a refill PIN.

There's just so many scammers on eBay looking for the quick buck that I want to be careful!

Feedback Score
    besides sales tax we get a 911 fee, at our local walmart

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    As shown in prior threads/posts on this subject , taxes and fees differ from area to area and place to place.

Phones
    Nokia N8
    Captivate
    Defy (MB525)
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I'm interested in the e-mail delivery as stated in the original post. My total comes to 48.67. I would happily buy cards from Walmart online, if the tax was excluded.
    You can either eat the two peanuts I gave to you, or crush them..

- I'm bout to show a city slicker how to kick it in the sticks -

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BassAddict View Post
    I'm interested in the e-mail delivery as stated in the original post. My total comes to 48.67. I would happily buy cards from Walmart online, if the tax was excluded.
    Anyone can do a test purchase to check their total cost. Just don`t accidently complete the purchase.

Feedback Score
    I buy my refill cards at the Wal-Mart in Ridgecrest CA. No tax added $90 for two cards.

Phones
    Moto X
    Moto X
    Carrier
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Walmart.com charges $3.21 tax on the Unlimited Card for New Mexico residents.

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Bought it yesterday. $45 total. No tax or anything in CA. Wonder if its tax free at my local store too...

PIN came within an hour also via Email

Feedback Score
    I'm surprised at how Walmart displays all the refill phone cards in their stores. It's not behind a counter or locked behind a display. They have it openly displayed on a rack.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Salman Khan View Post
    I'm surprised at how Walmart displays all the refill phone cards in their stores. It's not behind a counter or locked behind a display. They have it openly displayed on a rack.
    They are not useable till they are scanned thru the cash register at the time of sale. But you wonder how many are pocketed by those that don`t know that. In a lot of cases Trac will find out who you are when you try to use it, but won`t do anything.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast