Thread: Already Flashed To Boost - How To Activate? (Smartphone)

Phones
    Samsung Messager r450, SCH-i760/i760
    HTC Mogul, Titan, PPC-6800
    Nokia 6265i
    Carrier
    PPC fully on PPC!
    Feedback Score

Already Flashed To Boost - How To Activate? (Smartphone)

My friend wants a Touch Pro2 like mine, we found one thats already been flashed the owner says... But he left Boost for metroPCS.

So my question is how would we go about activating it, or do we have to flash it all over again or what exactly?

Thanks

We see them all the time on ebay and stuff, but I was curious about the activation process

Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
    Phones
    ZTE Warp Rooted running Warped ICS ROM
    Samsung Replinish (Wife's Phone)
    Carrier
    Boost Mobile Unlimited
    Feedback Score
    It is the same as normal. You have to call Boost and get the phone added to your account. There is no such thing as being "flashed" to Boost. Either a phone will work or it won't. The BB models require DT's servicebooks, but even that is not flashing. Beware of someone selling something you can buy for under $100 at aa higher price because it is "flashed".

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by n1nj4Lo View Post
    My friend wants a Touch Pro2 like mine, we found one thats already been flashed the owner says... But he left Boost for metroPCS.
    the TP2 does not have to be "flashed" to work on Boost Mobile, just do it thru Boost web site or call them to have it activated.. It is not one of those phones that have to be "flashed" as they call it now-a-days…

Phones
    Nokia 6265i
    Carrier
    PPC fully on PPC!
    Feedback Score
    Yea I kind of thought I'd have to do everything all over again.

The seller is only asking 75, mine I bought from a user off another forum for 110 altogether but it's in immaculate condition and came with everything it came boxed with brand new.
    Last edited by n1nj4Lo; 05-16-2011 at 01:53 PM.

Phones
    Carrier
    Boost Mobile Unlimited
    Feedback Score
    $75 is not a bad price if it comes with at least the charger, stylus, and USB cable. My father recently purchased one off Craigslist for that same price and is preparing to set up a Boost account so he can switch from Verizon and their high prices. Check out the stickies at the top of this forum for great detailed instructions on getting it up and running.

Phones
    Nokia 6265i
    Carrier
    PPC fully on PPC!
    Feedback Score
    Yea I've been reading them... I got Android 2.2.2 on my Touch Pro2 only thing that needs work I believe is MMS.

The thing that sold me on Boost was their "Longer You Stay, The Less You Pay" deal 6mo's 45, 1yr 40 and 1 and a half yr 35 bucks... Thats a lot better than metroPCS...

I had metroPCS and they tried to nickel and dime you on everything, even if ya had a flashed phone there was a fee for that and if you paid your bill in cash there was a fee for that as well and it was impossible to get a customer service agent on the phone.

Phones
    Carrier
    Boost Mobile Unlimited
    Feedback Score
    That is what my very non technical father is looking to do as well. He wants to put Android 2.2 on his and it looks like that will fall on me to research and complete so any advice would be well appreciated.

Same for him, he has been a life long Verizon customer and this will be his first smartphone. He has never even sent a text message and is paying almost $100 a month for two lines of voice service. Contract was up yesterday and he is ready to get on with Shrinkage and more options for what he already pays.

Phones
    Nokia 6265i
    Carrier
    PPC fully on PPC!
    Feedback Score
    Check here: http://tiad8.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2 system.ext2 builds are the easiest of all to set up, all ya do is format the sd card to fat32 and then drag the files over to the card then either install XDAndroid Startup or Gen.Y.DualBoot in XDAndroid Startup choose Rhod400 if it has the sim card in the phone take it out.

I've successfully set it up on 3 phones. it's so simple that if I had the other compatible phones it can be done on, I'd think about starting up a service to others on craigslist with a small fee, I'd of course also donate a portion of my fee to the developers... But haha some people are too lazy to do it themselves, or just don't know how.