Samsung Intensity III
    Samsung Solstice II
    Carriers
    Verizon
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

removing memory card didn't work for me

Quote Originally Posted by cyreal_killer View Post
    OK, I may be on to something here; I took the memory card out and so far it hasn't rebooted in 2 days, but I'll keep testing and see...
    I was so hopeful, but this didn't make a difference in my random restarts.

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I bought my Evergreen new in June 2011. From the 1st month plagued with random restarts. Sent to Samsung in Oct 2011 for a reflash - no problem found - behavior continues. Called AT&T - they offered a refurb swap but short warranty so I declined (turns out others are on their 4th phone with same behavior). Tried to use email for customer service - never got any acknowledgment at all.

Starting a few weeks back I started a series of calls to Samsung. Monday, Dec 26 will be my 6th call trying to get escalated to Premer CS. First line CS maintains they have never heard of any problem like this. I have yet to get escalated. I have been told that:
    1. Premier tech support is not in - please call back in an hour.
    2. Will transfer to Premier tech support - wait 5 minutes and IVR took me back to 1st line CS
    3. Premier tech support will call me back in the next 24 hours - that was 1 week ago
    4. Will transfer to Premier tech support - waited 20 minutes - gave up and hung up
    5. Premier tech support will be open Mon, Dec 26 at 8am CST - please call then
    6. coming up...

I have read about those who thought:
    1. maybe a metal spur from the SIM holder penetrating battery - not in my case
    2. need to resolder battery connection - not willing to try that - later reported as not a solution
    3. the one I like best (seems to correlate with my experience) is that in times of low signal strenth, AT&T network moves between 4G and 3G and during this signal 'fade' the Evergreen telephony stack crashes.

I tried to ask AT&T about that - they say it is all Samsung's fault. Despite my differences with AT&T I agree with them - except for over-the-air software updates (which I don't do), carrier cannot make a phone reset.

I am appalled by the quality of Samsung wireless CS. It is particularly galling to have them say that they are not aware of any problem like this when there seems to be adequate evidence to the contrary. Samsung is a big cellphone provider but maybe it is time for consumers to consider alternatives.

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Call 6, 7 and 8 completed - same old deception.

One last call to AT&T to confirm that they say pay the cancellation, accept a refurb, or live with it.

Last resort was to file complaint with NC Atty Gen's office for consumer fraud at Samsung Telecommunications America customer service. IMO, this is consumer fraud. They know there is a problem, can't or won't fix it and have instructed customer service to lie/delay, etc. I am reasonably sure that NC DOJ will be able/interested in doing nothing so I guess Samsung wins.

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Referring to the postes above - Problem continues. AT&T would not accept my Evergreen review.

I will pursue the NC fraud complaint but in the meantime just ordered an unlocked phone from another vendor.

So Samsung wins.

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by hlcunningham View Post
    Referring to the postes above - Problem continues. AT&T would not accept my Evergreen review.

I will pursue the NC fraud complaint but in the meantime just ordered an unlocked phone from another vendor.

So Samsung wins.
    Today ends this unfortunate saga. The conclusion:
    1. NC AG office was uninterested in helping.
    2. Samsung paid me $20 (the amount that I paid AT&T). I am still in a 2 year contract even though I had to buy a new phone for full price.
    3. Samsung pays the shipping for me to return the phone to them.
    4. Samsung admits no technical problem and no customer service problem.

Conclusions:
    1. NC AG office are staffed with a bunch of political hacks and burned out admins that do nothing and are reasonably proud of it. Don't look for any help from them.
    2. Samsung wins - well OK - it cost them $20 but they got the phone back and it will be a repair refurb soon so beware.
    3. AT&T was unable/unwiling to do anything.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2