Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Iphone 4S Wind Compatible??

Phone
    Nexus 4
    Carriers
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score

Iphone 4S Wind Compatible??

Article states that it'll be highly likely it will have T-mobile support so i assume it will work for Wind, maybe an unlocked version.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43050201...ence-wireless/

PS: borrowed the article from TXLady in another thread about getting the iphone 4 or next gen

EDIT: Didn't see there was another thread on this already!
    Last edited by kyip87; 05-17-2011 at 07:52 AM.

Carrier
    BELL Canada
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9700; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.448 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

As of now its just a rumour that iphone 4s would be compatible with wind. There is a high probability though.

Feedback Score
    So what if it is? How many people are willing to pay $700+ to have an iPhone on Wind?

Phone
    Nexus 4
    Carriers
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    ^not sure how it works but can Wind tab apply to the iPhone If it were available? and just from how much you save from wind plans I hear there's a 35-40$ unl plan, most people I'm sure pay at least $55+ with robellus to get a similar plan. in the long run the cash you save from the monthly plan can payoff your phone

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kEiThZ View Post
    So what if it is? How many people are willing to pay $700+ to have an iPhone on Wind?
    At least one

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kyip87 View Post
    ^not sure how it works but can Wind tab apply to the iPhone If it were available? and just from how much you save from wind plans I hear there's a 35-40$ unl plan, most people I'm sure pay at least $55+ with robellus to get a similar plan. in the long run the cash you save from the monthly plan can payoff your phone
    To start with, Apple controls iPhone pricing, not the carriers. So nobody really knows, how the tab would play in this situation. Next, even with the tab, the phone would probably be at least $600 after taxes are thrown in. How many people can afford that? Does anyone remember how popular the iPhone was, when it first launched with AT&T unsubsidized?

And the plans aren't necessarily much cheaper, they are just better value. Prior to getting the Miracle Plan, I was actually paying more than I was, with Rogers. My pre-tax bill went from $55 (on a mild retentions plan) to $80 (Always Shout + Infinite Mobile). Wind does not have as many tiers as Rogers. You're either paying $35 for unlimited data or $20 for 500Mb (under the old plans). Voice plans only come with 4 tiers. The new plans get voice and data down to about $55. So given that the vast majority of Robellus iPhone users are probably paying between $60-$80 anyway (quite a few have some mild retentions deal), how many would want to switch, to pay pretty close to the same thing (not $35-$40 like you contend....those were very limited specials) while having to spend a lot on the handset? Even if you save $20 per month, it would take about 20 months to pay off the difference in phone prices (between $200 at R/T/B and $550 on WindTab). Some people might like that rate of return. Most wont. Really, what Wind would end up attracting, are the users who want better value. But these are users who are usage (data/voice) hogs. Would Wind want these users? I don't know.

And then there's the question of whether Wind would want to stock these phones and deal with Apple for so few customers who would shell out the full price for an iPhone.

I don't know the answers. I'm sure Wind's marketing folks are studying the questions. But I wouldn't hold my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    At least one
    LOL. And you're exactly the type of data hog, Wind would be scared of attracting! And if you're a HoFo member and not a data hog, you should be ashamed!

Carriers
    telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lukeiphone View Post

As of now its just a rumour that iphone 4s would be compatible with wind. There is a high probability though.
    actualy.. as of now the iphone4s itself is a rumour.

Phone
    HTC Amaze 4G + BlackBerry Bold 9780
    Carrier
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    This has been posted a couple times at least
    Profile Assist for BlackBerry - Free for a limited time.

Feedback Score
    I can understand why this would be good for business thanks to the popularity of the iPhone, and that's awesome for Wind. But what's the appeal of the iPhone to someone who's currently using something like a Nexus S or other high-end Android device?

(not trying to be combative here. I'm honestly curious)

Phone
    Nexus 5
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The name of the next iPhone is a rumour itself. 4S makes no sense. They only tacked on the "S" to the 3G so that they could get the numbering back in line with generations (since the 3G was second generation).
    Coverage Mapper - A crowd sourced cellular signal strength mapping application
    Download from the Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...CoverageMapper.
    http://www.coveragemapper.com

The opinions stated here are my own, not necessarily those of my employer.

Phones
    SGS2X
    Nexus One
    BB Bold 9700
    Carriers
    Wind Holiday Miracle
    Rogers PAYG
    Feedback Score
    To start with, Apple controls iPhone pricing, not the carriers. So nobody really knows, how the tab would play in this situation. Next, even with the tab, the phone would probably be at least $600 after taxes are thrown in. How many people can afford that? Does anyone remember how popular the iPhone was, when it first launched with AT&T unsubsidized?
    Remember motorola razr at $1099 and $799 on a 3 yr on rogers?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jorvay View Post
    But what's the appeal of the iPhone to someone who's currently using something like a Nexus S or other high-end Android device?

(not trying to be combative here. I'm honestly curious)
    I'm using the Samsung Vibrant, which I guess is no longer a high-end device but once was, and I'm very interested in the iPhone as my reason to get the Vibrant was to get something that was cheap and similar to the iPhone. Countless ROMs and different tweaks later I still want the iPhone on Wind instead of an Android if I could help it.

For many Android is the best platform but there are clearly many others like me who use Android mainly because either the iPhone is too expensive or unavailable on the carrier and Android is the only alternative that's close enough.

Feedback Score
    You guys talking about $55 dollar plans on Rogers are lucky. I could spend $100 and still be below what Wind offers. When I quit Telus, my bill (between me and my wife) was averaging $250-300. My monthly bill on Wind is $92. Also, I was able to kill of my home phone which saves another $35 a month.

I guess I just suck at bargaining because I was on the phone with Telus retentions and they were trying to scare me with etf's. I told them I didn't really care about etf's since I could easily sell my two iPhones for more than the etf's. They still didn't offer me anything.

Sent from my SGH-i917R via the HowardForums WP7 App

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Carrier
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    People will give their left nut for an iPhone, so I don't see cost as an issue.

Phone
    Nexus 4
    Carriers
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jwslam View Post
    Remember motorola razr at $1099 and $799 on a 3 yr on rogers?
    ROFL good times

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast