Thread: Sending a text message without the number showing up on your account???

Feedback Score

Sending a text message without the number showing up on your account???

Is it possible to send/receive a text message without the phone number showing up on the usage records? I know you can use the messaging feature online, but is that just for texting other Verizon customers? Also, the number of characters is very limited. Are there any other options?

Phones
    A phone
    with buttons
    'n stuff
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Just buy a prepaid phone and use it for your mistresses.

Sent from my DROIDX

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Obviously the OP is trying to hide something. Agreed that prepaid would be the best solution.
    If I'm annoyed and you're annoyed, does that make us a paranoid ??

Sarcasm is a fine art...

"Don't believe everything you think"

It's not a matter of if you win or lose, it's how you assign the blame

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vatothe0 View Post
    Just buy a prepaid phone and use it for your mistresses.

Sent from my DROIDX
    He might have a legitimate reason, like drug deals or hits.
    My statements and opinions do not reflect those of my employer, AT&T Mobility. This is disclosed per FTC regulation.

Feedback Score
    Who are you trying to hide from? You could try signing up for a free Google Voice account online, just set up a free gmail mail.google.com then go to google.com/voice. You can send/receive text from there as well as recieve voice mail. You could use a netbook or tablet pc and use the free WiFi at a coffee shop. You can also get a google voice app for an Android phone. For that matter, I use to send a friend text from my Yahoo email and in the "to:" line I put 000-000-0000@text.vzw.com where 000-000-0000 was the phone number. A prepaid phone is a little more expensive, but with Page Plus you can get 2,000 text for $10.95/mo and nobody would know as long as they didn't find the phone. Just put a $10 PIN on it every 120 days to keep it active then get a text bundle, any old Verizon phone should work. Virgin Mobile has a $25 plan with 300 voice minutes and unlimited text/web.

Just for the record, if this is just so say your parents/husband/wife doesn't know who you are texting, you might be able to get away with it. If you are using it to make harassing/threatining calls you have a good chance of getting caught. It is highly possible for the cops to track you down and find you if you are doing something that isn't legal even if you are using a prepaid phone -- for a ture burn phone, you would have to purchase a prepaid with minutes for cash, then destroy it and get a new phone because if the cops find the phone you used to commit the crime, they can still tie you to it. If you use free Wifi from a laptop, they can track it back to the establishment then from there obtain their logs and still find their way to your door. If you are making a ransom call, be sure to take the battery out of the phone after making the call or they will be tracking the signal from the phone.

I just caution you not to think you can get away with something using the above methods, there's a good chance you'll get caught.

Feedback Score
    correction: From Yahoo email use (VZW mobile #)@vtext.com

Just tried it and can send text to the Yahoo email, then send email text reply to the phone. From a phone, send the text to an email account instead of a mobile number.

Phones
    Motorola V860 barrage
    Casio Ravine. retired
    iphone 5 verizon
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vatothe is right. just buy a prepaid.. I too have t-mobile prepaid and veizon wireless. My tmobile prepaid is already gold member, and I just add $15/yr to keep my line alive.

Feedback Score
    This is just plain silly, prepaid phones can't be traced back to the user, end of story.

It's simple, accept the new random number assigned by the provider, don't port. Authorities will be able to find the number comes from Verizon and Verizon will tell them for example that the number was assigned to NET10. If you paid cash for the phone and refill cards, NET10 has no information on their users and it's been proven that most people use a fake name when signing up for an online account, since no bills are ever sent to that address.

Phones
    Moto E815
    Moto Razor
    Casio Boulder
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    if you have a smartphone the Line2 app by toktumi is another option

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pixidust View Post
    This is just plain silly, prepaid phones can't be traced back to the user, end of story.

It's simple, accept the new random number assigned by the provider, don't port. Authorities will be able to find the number comes from Verizon and Verizon will tell them for example that the number was assigned to NET10. If you paid cash for the phone and refill cards, NET10 has no information on their users and it's been proven that most people use a fake name when signing up for an online account, since no bills are ever sent to that address.
    Except every prepaid phone I've ever set up required that I provide name and address details to get the phone activated? Are you putting in false information for this? I've set up Boost Mobile, TMO2GO, Page Plus and AT&T Prepaid.

--Kidd
    Hear me on Twitter: @alexkidd1
    Watch me on YouTube: AlexKidd4Fun

Feedback Score
    All they really care about is your zip code to make sure service is available in your area and give you a local number. Lots of people don't use their correct information and it's never verified by the prepaid company.. I don't think they would even bother to check the info on file. In most cases, the online account you create is for your convenience only, it's not required. I have a friend who bought a Straight talk phone for cash, refill cards for cash and adds them from his phone.