Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: NEW 200 minute Promo Code (GLITCH ?)

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score

NEW 200 minute Promo Code (GLITCH ?)

Since 5/17 a few people at Fat Wallet are reporting using promo code 58906 with a 60 minute TRACFONE airtime purchase and receiving a bonus of 200 minutes. REPORTS INDICATE IT ONLY SEEMS TO WORK WHEN YOU PURCHASE DIRECTLY FROM TRACFONE - ON THEIR WEB SITE. This code should give only 30 minutes, so 200 would seem to be a glitch. Reports are that the code may only be good 5/15 - 31.

Reports are sparce, so at this time - TRY IT AT YOUR OWN RISK.

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-...24/?start=5080

Phone
    LG VX5500 X2 (PPC) - LG800g (TF) - Nokia 6030 (T-Mo)
    Carriers
    Page Plus X2 (Verizon) - T-Mo2Go(GR) -
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    Since 5/17 a few people at Fat Wallet are reporting using promo code 58906 with a 60 minute TRACFONE airtime purchase and receiving a bonus of 200 minutes. REPORTS INDICATE IT ONLY SEEMS TO WORK WHEN YOU PURCHASE DIRECTLY FROM TRACFONE - ON THEIR WEB SITE. This code should give only 30 minutes, so 200 would seem to be a glitch. Reports are that the code may only be good 5/15 - 31.

Reports are sparce, so at this time - TRY IT AT YOUR OWN RISK.

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-...24/?start=5080
    I just tried using it not 30 minutes ago on a 60 unit card. It showed as invalid
    Last edited by 25jive1; 05-18-2011 at 02:57 PM.

Phone
    LG600 - THE BEST!
    Carrier
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    It worked for me! I used that code via their website. Maybe they have noticed the glitch and are shutting it off...

Phones
    LG 420G
    LG 420G
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Hi guys! I used it 3 times just to test it out. It works better without getting supersized. I have also noticed through reviews that older phones may or may not work for this promo. Just a trend I have been seeing.

For me it gave a total of 400 minutes. It is probably because I am a Safelink customer but YMMV. Can't beat 5 cents per minute!!

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cherry33778 View Post
    Hi guys! I used it 3 times just to test it out. It works better without getting supersized. I have also noticed through reviews that older phones may or may not work for this promo. Just a trend I have been seeing.

For me it gave a total of 400 minutes. It is probably because I am a Safelink customer but YMMV. Can't beat 5 cents per minute!!
    A Safelink phone is a Tracfone with a "special Safelink" monthly Value Plan attached. It should have no effect on your bonus minutes.

Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    CODE WORKS!!! as of May 19, 2011 @ 12:00~ish AM -8 GMT/Pacific Time Zone
    Here's a lil' snapshot of the receipt.

Decided to bite the bullet and see if it works, and it works for me. So it comes down to 7 cents per minute and 3 cents per text message, can't get any cheaper than that from tracfone I think. I used it on an LG500G phone.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    A day has passed and still everyone who received the 200 bonus PURCHASED ONLINE DIRECTLY FROM TRACFONE SITE. There are NO reports of receiving the 200 bonus any other way.

Phones
    LG 420G
    LG 420G
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    A Safelink phone is a Tracfone with a "special Safelink" monthly Value Plan attached. It should have no effect on your bonus minutes.
    Actually it does, according to the terms and conditions Safelink customers receive an extra 40 minutes when buying a 60 min card making our total minutes 100, or 160 with dmfl since the extra minutes don't double. With this code, that I have used numerously, even if you minus the 160 I still am getting an extra 40 minutes on top of what everyone else gets, 400-160=240. At first I thought it was a glitch that I got more but after doing it 3 times I can confirm it is not.

I'm not trying to rub it in, I just want to inform people, especially Safelink customers, on what might happen but of course YMMV. I also wanna see if this has happened to other Safelink customers?

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cherry33778 View Post
    Actually it does, according to the terms and conditions Safelink customers receive an extra 40 minutes when buying a 60 min card making our total minutes 100, or 160 with dmfl since the extra minutes don't double. With this code, that I have used numerously, even if you minus the 160 I still am getting an extra 40 minutes on top of what everyone else gets, 400-160=240. At first I thought it was a glitch that I got more but after doing it 3 times I can confirm it is not.

I'm not trying to rub it in, I just want to inform people, especially Safelink customers, on what might happen but of course YMMV. I also wanna see if this has happened to other Safelink customers?
    You have better memory recall than I. Because now that you mention it, I do remember reading about the bonuses. I will mention again for anyone reading this that it is SUSPRISENLY EASY TO QUALIFY FOR SAFELINK and you are able to quickly up grade your phone while on this program. For those interested here are the SL T&C:
    https://www.safelinkwireless.com/Saf...rms_conditions

Cherry33778; Are you positive you actually received a total of 400 or was it 360? The 40 bonus minutes should not have doubled since they were not paid for minutes [60 + (40+60+200) = 360]. Look at the confirmation message in your inbox for the breakdown of total minutes shown in the text.
    Last edited by Tracfancier; 05-19-2011 at 01:14 PM.

Phones
    LG 420G
    LG 420G
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    You have better memory recall than I. Because now that you mention it, I do remember reading about the bonuses. I will mention again for anyone reading this that it is SUSPRISENLY EASY TO QUALIFY FOR SAFELINK and you are able to quickly up grade your phone while on this program. For those interested here are the SL T&C:
    https://www.safelinkwireless.com/Saf...rms_conditions

Cherry33778; Are you positive you actually received a total of 400 or was it 360? The 40 bonus minutes should not have doubled since they were not paid for minutes [60 + (40+60+200) = 360]. Look at the confirmation message in your inbox for the breakdown of total minutes shown in the text.
    I did it 3 times, four altogether, and the last 3 were exactly the same, 400 minutes. Take a look:
    Attachment 70578
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Feedback Score
    Gee, how come Cherry got 400 minutes, I only got 320.

oh well

Phones
    att , nokia 1100, moto 376g
    iPhone 4s-64 + many others
    Carriers
    att, trac, pageplus
    Feedback Score
    How long will it take Trac to figure this out. They probably read the forums
    trying to come up with better signature.......

Feedback Score
    I got 320. May 19, 2011.

I've never done this on website before. Why the taxes?

In my state there is no sales tax. I just go to K/Walymart and pay $19.99.

Phones
    iPhone 5 (Verizon)
    iPhone 5 (Verizon)
    iPhone 4S (T-Mo)
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Works great. I never buy from Trac directly but 6.87 cents per minute is tough to beat. Thanks for the tip!

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Several people have confirmed that you can use the code many times. You may have to clear your browser or change browsers or use another PC. It is not limiting by Phone number or IMEI.

It APPEARS (not confirmed yet) there are only two results, the code is refused or you get the 200 minutes, so you don`t have to worry about receiving some low amount of bonus rather than the 200.

MUST PURCHASE DIRECTLY OFF TRACFONE WEBSITE.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast