Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Problems with the Tracfone LG 800g

Feedback Score

Problems with the Tracfone LG 800g

Okay. This is a long and drawn-out story that I hope does not confuse anyone. I have been a Tracfone customer for 8 years. I have upgraded my phone 3 times without problems. I have had the same Tracfone number for four years. When the LG 800 came out, I ordered it right away. After 72 hours it had still not activated yet, but a spam text kept coming in over and over again...by the dozens. I called Tracfone to help with activation, but had many problems doing so due to the constant text coming in. Finally, we got the phone activated...but the texting did not work. Just that one spam text kept coming in. Tracfone tried to tell me that I needed a new number, but I knew that it was not my number's problem. It was the phone itself. After some testing over the phone with them, they determined that it was indeed the phone and sent me a new one. I received another LG800 and activated it with an automated service since I decided it might be easier to just go ahead and be inconvenienced and get a new number. For two days it worked perfectly, then suddenly got hung up on a text that someone sent me and I have received it hundreds of times and can now receive no other texts but that one. I can text people, make and receive calls, but cannot receive any other texts other than the one that seems to be hung. Same problem!
    I ordered the LG500 this week and it is coming soon - I hope that it does not have these same problems! My husband thinks that it is the technology of the LG800 that has problems.
    So my question is this - has anyone else had these problems with the 800g? Does anyone know what might be causing it? Thanks for your help.

Carrier
    Air Voice
    Feedback Score
    That, indeed, is a strange one. I have used my LG800G for 2 weeks now and have had no problems. I can send and rec texts just fine. I'm no phone wiz but it sounds like a server problem rather than a phone problem. But what do I know?!?!?

Feedback Score
    Okay so what would I need to do about a server problem? I have never had this problem with texts before getting the 800g.

Phones
    LG 420G
    LG 420G
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    My suggestion would be to try a different sim. For example, try an AT&T sim instead of a T-Mobile or vica-versa

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cherry33778 View Post
    My suggestion would be to try a different sim. For example, try an AT&T sim instead of a T-Mobile or vica-versa
    Lots of people are reporting problems with texting on the LG800. You dont know about them because people are posting in the wrong thread.

The comments are buried in a thread titled Does Tracfone Still Ship T-mobile Sims in the GSM5AT market? or something like that. I should know the title -- I started the thread. Go towards the end of the thread. That is where the complaints start.

Phone
    LG VX5500 X2 (PPC) - LG800g (TF) - Nokia 6030 (T-Mo)
    Carriers
    Page Plus X2 (Verizon) - T-Mo2Go(GR) -
    Feedback Score
    My LG800 has worked flawlessly since activated 2 weeks ago. I've received and sent prolly 100 SMS and no errant ones. Calls also have been made without problems.

Feedback Score
    Maybe TF ordered some phones with T-Mo programming as usual expecting to force that on you. Then they were forced to use AT&T sims, so now there is a mismatch problem. Wouldn't be the first time.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 25jive1 View Post
    My LG800 has worked flawlessly since activated 2 weeks ago. I've received and sent prolly 100 SMS and no errant ones. Calls also have been made without problems.
    Do you have an ATT or T-mo sim? I think most of the problems seem to be with ATT.

Phone
    LG VX5500 X2 (PPC) - LG800g (TF) - Nokia 6030 (T-Mo)
    Carriers
    Page Plus X2 (Verizon) - T-Mo2Go(GR) -
    Feedback Score
    I have AT&T SIM

Feedback Score
    OMG Thanks so much! I found the thread. I looked and found that I have an At & T SIM. I also saw that there are problems with the LG 500g, which I have on the way. What to do? I have an LG800g and an LG 500g on the way. Is there a way to fix this? Or should I just return the phones - all of them and go back to my LG 220C? What is a Net 10 transfer? I saw that someone mentioned that. Will that help me and if so, does that mean that my service has to be with Net 10 after that?

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cudagto View Post
    OMG Thanks so much! I found the thread. I looked and found that I have an At & T SIM. I also saw that there are problems with the LG 500g, which I have on the way. What to do? I have an LG800g and an LG 500g on the way. Is there a way to fix this? Or should I just return the phones - all of them and go back to my LG 220C? What is a Net 10 transfer? I saw that someone mentioned that. Will that help me and if so, does that mean that my service has to be with Net 10 after that?
    Are you calling the Miami number for help? 800-876-5753.
    Net 10 is a sister company to Tracfone. Only a phone number can be transfered between the two companies, never airtime. The Phone and the airtime both have to be for the same company.

Phone
    LG840G
    Carrier
    Tracfone (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    From reading here and on Tracfoneforum.com it seems like there are problems with the AT&T version of this phone in some areas such as texting and some data services like sending/receiving pics. Some people got the issue(s) resolved by calling Tracfone (800-876-5753) and with some, the problem(s) came back. I wonder if that's why the AT&T version of the phone has been pulled out of the Tracfone site... I have this phone with an AT&T sim and it works fine, including all of it's data services, so it's possible for it to work fine on AT&T.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by srt8mro View Post
    From reading here and on Tracfoneforum.com it seems like there are problems with the AT&T version of this phone in some areas such as texting and some data services like sending/receiving pics. Some people got the issue(s) resolved by calling Tracfone (800-876-5753) and with some, the problem(s) came back. I wonder if that's why the AT&T version of the phone has been pulled out of the Tracfone site... I have this phone with an AT&T sim and it works fine, including all of it's data services, so it's possible for it to work fine on AT&T.
    I was thinking they pulled the AT@T markets avaliability because everyone was avoiding buying from the T-Mobile markets.

Feedback Score
    I just activated my lg800g and ported my number from another carrier. It took a couple of hours and I had a few problems which the teckies handled beautifully. I tried to correct the problem on line, but finally got a message to call them. I then had trouble with getting my purchased minutes and got about 10 texts that I had to call them to complet the transaction, which I did and again - handled. I've only had about an hour to use it, but I love it so far. I came on here to get help using it. I hope you are sucessful. They did admit they are having some problems on their end. I don't text, so I hope I don't run into the problems you had. Sorry.

Feedback Score
    Okay so I called the Miami number...got a real LIVE person right away...and she really helped me out. She did admit the LG800g has problems, which they are waiting on "updates" to fix. I just asked her to reactivate my old LG220c, which will take a couple of days, with my old number and the minutes from those 2 LG800g's. My LG500g came yesterday, and I activated it using the Tracfone automated activation. It activated in mere minutes...can make and receive calls, can make and receive texts. Should I be hopeful that this one is a winner?

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast