Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Problems with the Tracfone LG 800g

Phone
    LG VX5500 X2 (PPC) - LG800g (TF) - Nokia 6030 (T-Mo)
    Carriers
    Page Plus X2 (Verizon) - T-Mo2Go(GR) -
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cudagto View Post
    She did admit the LG800g has problems, which they are waiting on "updates" to fix.
    I'm curious as to how that would work. Would it be an OTA software update or a recall of the phones with problems?

Phone
    LG840G
    Carrier
    Tracfone (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cudagto View Post
    Okay so I called the Miami number...got a real LIVE person right away...and she really helped me out. She did admit the LG800g has problems, which they are waiting on "updates" to fix.
    Interesting - and kind of backs up my theory about why they pulled the AT&T LG800Gs..... still just speculation, though, since some of them obviously work fine (such as mine). I don't want them messing mine up!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by srt8mro View Post
    Interesting - and kind of backs up my theory about why they pulled the AT&T LG800Gs..... still just speculation, though, since some of them obviously work fine (such as mine). I don't want them messing mine up!
    If an update becomes available, and if your 800G is working to your satisfaction, do you want to update. I guess it depends on what the the update will improve.

Phone
    LG840G
    Carrier
    Tracfone (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rich in STL View Post
    If an update becomes available, and if your 800G is working to your satisfaction, do you want to update. I guess it depends on what the the update will improve.
    Well if it's an OTA update we'll not have a choice anyway. Doubt they'll recall malfunctioning phones - they'll probably just rely on people w/ malfunctioning phones to call them and get them fixed that way.

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Looks like they did that OTA update. My 800 was constantly telling me I had a new message when in actuality it was a message I had already recieved AND deleted. And now it stopped glitching.

Carrier
    H2O, Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Does anyone else's LG800g have a screwed up "world clock"?
    On mine, it correctly identifies me as being in the central time zone and it has the correct time. But then all the other time zones are behind an hour. Consequently, it thinks New York has the same exact time as Chicago.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Mine is the same as yours

Carrier
    H2O, Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Glad I'm not the only one. At least "world clock" isn't a major feature.

Carrier
    Air Voice
    Feedback Score
    Yes, the world clock on my LG800G is screwed up too. Shows only 2 hr difference between Westcoast and Eastcoast. I thought there might be some way to correct it but after searching in all the options I don't see how. Not a big deal to me since I don't use the world clock anyway.

Phone
    Iphone 5, LGOptimus L90, LG800G for sons
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by annepani View Post
    Lots of people are reporting problems with texting on the LG800. You dont know about them because people are posting in the wrong thread.

The comments are buried in a thread titled Does Tracfone Still Ship T-mobile Sims in the GSM5AT market? or something like that. I should know the title -- I started the thread. Go towards the end of the thread. That is where the complaints start.
    DAM I wish I had read this, I just bought online the 800g and now read this, I wanted to know what the number on the AT&T sims is , I have a 900g with the T-Mobile sim If I get this new phone with AT&T can I just pull the sim out of the 900g and put it into the 800?? the SIM I HAVE IS tf64simca and the number below is too small to read I have 22 day and 2 minutes left on it.

and would that mean once the old sim is in I keep the old number ? I have never had GSM phones or switched sims although seen it done at work

Carrier
    H2O, Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rtoledo2002 View Post
    I have a 900g with the T-Mobile sim If I get this new phone with AT&T can I just pull the sim out of the 900g and put it into the 800?? the SIM I HAVE IS tf64simca and the number below is too small to read I have 22 day and 2 minutes left on it.

and would that mean once the old sim is in I keep the old number ? I have never had GSM phones or switched sims although seen it done at work
    Unfortunately, you can't swap SIM cards on Trac or Net10-type phones since they lock them down. But you can still keep your old phone number and remaining minutes/servicedays by transferring that info from your old phone to your new one; of course, you'll then be forced to switch to AT&T if that's what SIM you get.

To verify that your new phone is AT&T just look at the bottom sticker (of the package). There will be mention of "P4" toward the end of the number if it's AT&T. (Note: It'll say "P5" if it's T-Mobile).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rtoledo2002 View Post
    DAM I wish I had read this, I just bought online the 800g and now read this, I wanted to know what the number on the AT&T sims is , I have a 900g with the T-Mobile sim If I get this new phone with AT&T can I just pull the sim out of the 900g and put it into the 800?? the SIM I HAVE IS tf64simca and the number below is too small to read I have 22 day and 2 minutes left on it.
    An ATT sim starts with 890141 and reads tf64simc4. T-mo starts with 890126 and reads tf64simt5.

Is tf64simc4 in the LG900? If so then it is ATT-based.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by spanieldoggy View Post
    Looks like they did that OTA update. My 800 was constantly telling me I had a new message when in actuality it was a message I had already recieved AND deleted. And now it stopped glitching.
    What version do you have now that they (maybe) did an OTA update and everything seems okay? Please check and post back here.

Menu > Settings > Phone > Information > Device Information gives the S/W Version.

Mine is V10d. What is yours?

And there is another version that is in parameter 43. What is that?

Menu > Prepaid > Code Entry Mode > *#43

Mine is ver 4.19 1 0 0 1 3

What is yours?

Post back here.

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    What version do you have now that they (maybe) did an OTA update and everything seems okay? Please check and post back here.

Menu > Settings > Phone > Information > Device Information gives the S/W Version.

Mine is V10d. What is yours?

And there is another version that is in parameter 43. What is that?

Menu > Prepaid > Code Entry Mode > *#43

Mine is ver 4.19 1 0 0 1 3

What is yours?

Post back here.
    My software is v10d
    My parameter 43 is ver. 4.190013

Phone
    Iphone 5, LGOptimus L90, LG800G for sons
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    An ATT sim starts with 890141 and reads tf64simc4. T-mo starts with 890126 and reads tf64simt5.

Is tf64simc4 in the LG900? If so then it is ATT-based.
    Wow thank you for this info, I'm confused, a while back in this forum someone posted a web site that if you went and put your number it told you who your carrier was I could sware it said T mobile, well all this time I thought I was on theirs. anyways the AT&T that I do have works well for me, and lets me text and send photos with no problems so far. I just cracked open my LG900 and it does say tf64simc4.

I had to take my sons LG900 to work as I had 2 minutes on mine. he still has 189.00 minutes and til 6/15 to refill.

thanks

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast