Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Problems with the Tracfone LG 800g

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by desertdude View Post
    OK...so I broke down and got another LG800G since I like touch-screen so much. I figured they would have all the bugs out of it by now. Looks like they do except that the world time is still off by one hour but that doesn't bother me.
    I have dug deeply into all the options and I can't for the life of me figure out how to adjust the volume of the sound it makes to notify me that I have received a text message. The side rocker switch has no effect on the message sound but works great on the incoming call notification. Is there just one volume setting for the message sound and we're stuck with it?
    Click lower right menu button (blue-four dots)
    swipe screen (go to screen two)
    push profiles button
    push normal
    scroll down to the one you want

Carrier
    Air Voice
    Feedback Score
    Thanks Tracfancier....I had completely forgotten about the PROFILE option. It's starting to come back to me now.

Feedback Score
    A few weeks ago my LG800g wouldn't let me get messages, if I called my bank and I needed to enter numbers it wouldn't take and the press to unlock key always was on the screen. I called the Miami number and spoketo Raphael for almost 2 hours. He said I had to send my phone to them and when they receive it they will send me a new one. I told him that was not acceptable and they are obligated to replace my phone. I also told them I wanted a different model but they said they can only give me the LG 800g. They sent me a new phone, I sent them the old phone and activated the new phone. This phone is worse. I can't receive my voice mails, the press to unlock will not go away- I went to the settings and turned that option off but it stays on. I just want them to send me a phone that works I don't care what kind, as long as it works. I feel like I am going to have a nervous breakdown over this stupid phone.

Phone
    LG840G
    Carrier
    Tracfone (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by newyorkcity View Post
    A few weeks ago my LG800g wouldn't let me get messages, if I called my bank and I needed to enter numbers it wouldn't take and the press to unlock key always was on the screen. I called the Miami number and spoketo Raphael for almost 2 hours. He said I had to send my phone to them and when they receive it they will send me a new one. I told him that was not acceptable and they are obligated to replace my phone. I also told them I wanted a different model but they said they can only give me the LG 800g. They sent me a new phone, I sent them the old phone and activated the new phone. This phone is worse. I can't receive my voice mails, the press to unlock will not go away- I went to the settings and turned that option off but it stays on. I just want them to send me a phone that works I don't care what kind, as long as it works. I feel like I am going to have a nervous breakdown over this stupid phone.
    Hate to say, but that appears to be a "feature" of the phone, and it can't be changed. So you don't accidentally hit buttons/numbers during the conduct of a call w/ your face/fingers/etc, I suppose. It is a bit easier to tap the power button instead of using that unlock button - I never deal w/ that button.

Feedback Score
    I've had problems with the Lg800g since June. First I had coverage problems and eventually some one at Tracfone figured out it was the wrong sim card. They replaced the phone again supposedly with a new software and a new sim card. Guess what? It was still the wrong sim card. Finally got the right sim card, but am still having problems with the phone turning off and on by itself during texting. I told them that I did not what the same model phone and they said that they would do what they could. Guess what? I got the same model phone last week!!!!!!! I was told that they couldn't replace it with a phone that cost more. So now I am on my 4th LG800g!!!!! Well, now I didn't activate the new phone. So now last night they deactivated my phone and took away my minutes!!!!! I spent 2 hours on the phone with them reactivating the phone and getting the minutes back. I am waiting for 2 new phones from AT&T and I will be done with Tracfone. I will transfer the minutes from my phone and my son's phone to my husband's. As soon as he uses up all of the minutes, we will not be dealing with Tracfone again!!!!!!!!!! Their customer service is horrible!!!!! If you can actually understand them, everyone gives you a different story. They say they will help and everyone drops the ball! I will be glad to get rid of this phone. Now let see if I can get my money back!!!!

Carrier
    TF GSM & ST CDMA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shellie59 View Post
    I've had problems with the Lg800g since June. First I had coverage problems and eventually some one at Tracfone figured out it was the wrong sim card. They replaced the phone again supposedly with a new software and a new sim card. Guess what? It was still the wrong sim card. Finally got the right sim card, but am still having problems with the phone turning off and on by itself during texting. I told them that I did not what the same model phone and they said that they would do what they could. Guess what? I got the same model phone last week!!!!!!! I was told that they couldn't replace it with a phone that cost more. So now I am on my 4th LG800g!!!!! Well, now I didn't activate the new phone. So now last night they deactivated my phone and took away my minutes!!!!! I spent 2 hours on the phone with them reactivating the phone and getting the minutes back. I am waiting for 2 new phones from AT&T and I will be done with Tracfone. I will transfer the minutes from my phone and my son's phone to my husband's. As soon as he uses up all of the minutes, we will not be dealing with Tracfone again!!!!!!!!!! Their customer service is horrible!!!!! If you can actually understand them, everyone gives you a different story. They say they will help and everyone drops the ball! I will be glad to get rid of this phone. Now let see if I can get my money back!!!!
    Shellie59,
    Nice rant, you've had your phone since June and this is the first post you've made to say you're done with Tracfone. How about logging on one last time before you leave and deleting your post since it serves no purpose? Most of the folks here could have resolved those issues so your post is irrelevant here. If you had shown up earlier and asked for help/recommendations it might have been a different outcome. Do you even know the difference in the SIM cards and what SIM card you 'should' have, it's not necessarily the same as what Tracfone says you should have? Let us know how the minute transfers go. No offense to everyone else, these one post whiners just tick me off.
    Last edited by BobbyLee; 10-07-2011 at 04:32 PM.

Feedback Score

Not just a rant!

I posted this information because I just found out about this forum. I have been a Tracfone customer for many years and do know which Sim card I should have. In my area the best coverage is with an AT&T Sim card. With an AT&T Sim card I get coverage in most places in the United States. I have requested authorization to return the Lg800g phones to Tracfone and I am in the process of returning them. I have spend many hours on the phone with the customer service reps. at the Tracfone Corporate office.

I don't appreciated anyone who does not know the situation or has not heard the conversations that I have had with Tracfone to understand this problem.

Obviously you don't know that time that it takes to deal with this company, so you might want to keep this information to yourself.

I will state the obvious: The Tracfone Lg800g was not right phone for me and I have rectified the problem.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shellie59 View Post
    I posted this information because I just found out about this forum. I have been a Tracfone customer for many years and do know which Sim card I should have. In my area the best coverage is with an AT&T Sim card. With an AT&T Sim card I get coverage in most places in the United States. I have requested authorization to return the Lg800g phones to Tracfone and I am in the process of returning them. I have spend many hours on the phone with the customer service reps. at the Tracfone Corporate office.

I don't appreciated anyone who does not know the situation or has not heard the conversations that I have had with Tracfone to understand this problem.

Obviously you don't know that time that it takes to deal with this company, so you might want to keep this information to yourself.

I will state the obvious: The Tracfone Lg800g was not right phone for me and I have rectified the problem.
    I'd say "most", if not all of us know exactly what it's like to deal "with this company".

Carrier
    TF GSM & ST CDMA
    Feedback Score
    Shellie59,
    Any problem consolidating the minutes to your husband's phone? I've heard some could and some couldn't depending on the service rep they got. And yes, I've spent many many hours on the phone with Tracfone too. Did you use the Miami number (800-876-5753), they're more competent than the normal CS number.

Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I certainly feel your pain Shellie59. Have been with Tracfone over 10 years now and had to deal with their service many times. Some went great, some took hours and repeated calls until I got the right CS person that knew what he/she was doing. But in the end I refuse to pay more than $10. per month for a cell phone and certainly WILL NOT get suckered into a contract with any phone company. My LG800 has worked flawlessly now for like 6 months, and I love it. It is everything I need. And the MP3 player sounds great if you use quality head phones. And the ability to zoom into weather radar is my biggest love.

Feedback Score
    No. Actually I did get a good CS rep. yesterday and spent 85 minutes on the phone with her. She was very patient and consolidated the minutes to his phone. She was only able to do 1/2 and then the other 1/2 manually, but she took the time and got it done. Yes, I did use the Miami number and also found them to be more competent. This last CS rep. also gathered all of the information on the purchase of the original Lg800g in June and all of the replacements and started a ticket number to go forward with the return. My biggest issue with this phone has been the fact that it keeps turning on and off by itself especially during texting. This causes me to have to resend the text and of course that costs more minutes. It gets frustrating after awhile and it also gets frustrating when it happens with each replacement.

I have had a lot of good years with Tracfone, but I don't want to continue receiving the same model phone over and over again. If 4 of them haven't worked, I don't think any others will either. When I asked for a different model, it was escalated to upper management and refused.

Those are my main complaints about Tracfone. They please some people, but not everyone.

Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    The same exact problem with 4 different phones. Sounds impossible. Let me ask this. Did you have to first return your defective phone and when Tracfone received it they sent you a new one?

Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeswap View Post
    Try calling your number from another phone and leaving a voicemail. Then retrieve and delete the email using either the 800G or another phone. I never had this problem on TracFone but I have on T-Mobile and was able to get rid of the bogus voicemail notification this way.
    When I tried this previously (9-9-11), it did NOT work. Yesterday I tried it again and IT WORKED. The bogus voicemail disappeared. THANKS!! Gator Jack

Feedback Score
    Hi I just joined the forum tonight and activated an LG800GHL S/W Version V10e H/W Version Rev1.0 yesterday. The only complaint I have is about the screen auto locking during calls which I might learn to work around as I use the phone more. I have had a couple of other Tracfones that have worked fine. I got a 4GB SD card and a Micro USB cable today and can easily transfer files between my phone and PC. I sent and recieved about a dozen text messages last night and even loaded a web page in the browser today. I have my fingers crossed and hope this phone works out for me. I think I have a T-Mobile SIM card.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xenosapien View Post
    Hi I just joined the forum tonight and activated an LG800GHL S/W Version V10e H/W Version Rev1.0 yesterday. The only complaint I have is about the screen auto locking during calls which I might learn to work around as I use the phone more. I have had a couple of other Tracfones that have worked fine. I got a 4GB SD card and a Micro USB cable today and can easily transfer files between my phone and PC. I sent and recieved about a dozen text messages last night and even loaded a web page in the browser today. I have my fingers crossed and hope this phone works out for me. I think I have a T-Mobile SIM card.
    The phone auto locks so that your face, cheek, hand, fingers, etc. can not touch any keys that might interrupt the call. It's my understanding there is no way around this safety feature.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast