Thread: Lg 900g authentication failed

Feedback Score

Lg 900g authentication failed

I old lg 900g i was able to download opera and bolt directly from their websites. With my new lg 900g i downloaded opera from their website, but bolt keeps saying authentication failed. How can i fix this? I need a sighned version of bolt.

Carrier
    net10
    Feedback Score
    I have this same issue too! Have wasted about 25 minutes or better messing around trying to download opera (certificate version and non certificate versions). NOTHING is working on this phone like it seems it should be regarding apps and browsing. I have tried from pc to sd card and from pc to bluetooth and also just going to the site on the phone. I can't even use the getjar site with this damn phone b/c the website won't recognize it.

Carrier
    TF GSM & ST CDMA
    Feedback Score
    I have Opera, Bolt, Google Maps, and the GMail app working on my LG900G. They kept giving me problems as long as I had the memory card installed but as soon as I removed that everything worked/installed without any problem. After I loaded/installed them on my LG900G and used them a time or two I put the memory card back in and moved the apps to the memory card/Applications directory. For some reason having my memory card in the phone prevented these apps from installing on my phone, don't know why. Hope that helps you with the problems you're having.

Carrier
    net10
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyLee View Post
    I have Opera, Bolt, Google Maps, and the GMail app working on my LG900G. They kept giving me problems as long as I had the memory card installed but as soon as I removed that everything worked/installed without any problem. After I loaded/installed them on my LG900G and used them a time or two I put the memory card back in and moved the apps to the memory card/Applications directory. For some reason having my memory card in the phone prevented these apps from installing on my phone, don't know why. Hope that helps you with the problems you're having.
    Thanks a lot for the post! I'll definitely give this a try. The funny thing was that the card that the 900g came with wasn't recognized by the phone! I had to format it in my t401g to get it to work with the 900g. Now I'm wondering if that had something to do with the issues I'm having.

Carrier
    TF GSM & ST CDMA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gba88 View Post
    Thanks a lot for the post! I'll definitely give this a try. The funny thing was that the card that the 900g came with wasn't recognized by the phone! I had to format it in my t401g to get it to work with the 900g. Now I'm wondering if that had something to do with the issues I'm having.
    Just wondering why didn't you have the LG900G reformat it versus having the T401G format it?

Carrier
    net10
    Feedback Score
    The 900g would not recognize it..., it was greyed out so that's why I had to format with the other phone. Also, your recommendation worked so thanks a lot I still have an issue with opera.... when I go to type a url, it displays the wrong characters when hitting the letters, but if I go to the full screen edit mode everything types correctly... pretty weird.

Carrier
    TF GSM & ST CDMA
    Feedback Score
    gba88,
    Yes, that is how my Opera works too. Going to the full screen edit is the one nuisance you'll have to put up with. Hopefully a future version will fix that too! FYI, if you install Snaptu the softkeys aren't mapped properly for the LG900G so you can't use the Menu and Exit keys which makes that program pretty much useless.

Carrier
    net10
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyLee View Post
    gba88,
    Yes, that is how my Opera works too. Going to the full screen edit is the one nuisance you'll have to put up with. Hopefully a future version will fix that too! FYI, if you install Snaptu the softkeys aren't mapped properly for the LG900G so you can't use the Menu and Exit keys which makes that program pretty much useless.
    Ah, ok... good to know it's not just my phone with the weird keyboard input/output