Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Motorola DROID X2 MB870 Release Thread

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score

Motorola DROID X2 MB870 Release Thread

Please use this thread for the Motorola DROID X2.

It is now listed on the Verizon site:
    http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...ceCategoryId=1

Motorola product page:
    http://www.motorola.com/Consumers/US...MOTOROLA-US-EN

To answer the other person's question from the pre-release thread, it says it comes with 8GB internal memory and an 8GB microSDHC memory card, but doesn't say how much RAM & ROM are on the device. My guess would be that the X2 will have 512MB of RAM, just like the X, but the first post in the pre-release thread it was rumored to come with 1GB. Once the X2 is listed on the developer.motorola.com site, we should know for sure.
    =>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Device(s)
    DROID X2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    can anyone who has played/used the phone comment on its battery life? i know the droid x had great battery life, but the dual core may change things..

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    http://developer.motorola.com/products/droid-x2-mb870/

More detailed info.
    Says that it does come with 512MB RAM.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I love my droid x and would love to have the x 2, but I know when I get a lot of stuff happening on the phone, I can feel the slowness. I wonder how much a better cpu, but same amount of ram solves this?

Also, verizon lists the same talk/stand by time for the X and X2. That can't be right.

Feedback Score
    is verizon still considering us eligible for a Ne2 rebate? (been waiting since Sept.- aaaand if we buy from wiref/amaz/bb/whatever-- do we still get it? $50 is 50 bucks...
    Frank U
    Just a puppy proud to hang at the foot of the BD porch
    I usta be tenacious; now, I'm patient too...
    Back to CyanoStable - need to learn sooo much b4 playin round w/ Bricks..

- AKA ^ havin' waaay too much fun-

Device(s)
    Bag phone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    So it's not even a 4G phone ?

Device(s)
    Milestone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Has anyone gotten one yet? I heard people were getting them. I am curious what everyone will think.

Two items to jump ahead of...

The "no 4G" comments. Remember this phone was suppose to be on the shelves with Bionic so you would have a 4G and non-4G option. The non-4G were for those that didn't have 4G coverage, or didn't want to pay extra for it. So should this phone have been delayed just because Bionic didn't come out?

And of course, it looks like the Droid X. Duh. The Droid X did really well, so people like the form factor. There is only so much you can do with a 4.3" screen with minimal bezel, why leave what works? That strategy obviously worked for Apple through multiple generations.
    The problem with the RAZR wasn't that Motorola did newer versions that looked the same, it was that that is all they came out with.

Okay done with my rant, just one of those Fridays.

Device(s)
    VZW Galaxy Nexus / Google Nexus 7
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Looking for a way to bypass the activation. Anyone have any ideas? 4 corners is not working.

The version of Blur on it appears consistent with the GB leaks that have been floating around. I'm excited to mess with it but cant get past the touch to activate screen.

My Feedback

Free eBook, worth a read.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid 2 (INSURANCE)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston25 View Post
    Has anyone gotten one yet? I heard people were getting them. I am curious what everyone will think.

Two items to jump ahead of...

The "no 4G" comments. Remember this phone was suppose to be on the shelves with Bionic so you would have a 4G and non-4G option. The non-4G were for those that didn't have 4G coverage, or didn't want to pay extra for it. So should this phone have been delayed just because Bionic didn't come out?

And of course, it looks like the Droid X. Duh. The Droid X did really well, so people like the form factor. There is only so much you can do with a 4.3" screen with minimal bezel, why leave what works? That strategy obviously worked for Apple through multiple generations.
    The problem with the RAZR wasn't that Motorola did newer versions that looked the same, it was that that is all they came out with.

Okay done with my rant, just one of those Fridays.
    THANK YOU. I see this all the time and it drives me insane. Who would've thunk there'd be different phones for different target audiences!
    I have one, and so far love it here in Montana (4G Dead zone). Just trying now to get my gameloft games back on it :P

Device(s)
    DROID X2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    mine comes in tomorrow.. my first smartphone

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I wont be doing the X2 review (no time next week). One of the other guys will and he's got the hands-on pics and videos of it posted:
    http://www.phonearena.com/news/Motor...boxing_id18997

I did get to try another one out earlier today for a few minutes at a store, and the 4 lower buttons are much better designed and don't wiggle around any more. The qHD screen looks really nice. The updated version of (Blur) is also better, but wish it was Gingerbread. The menus were smooth and phone seems fast, but couldn't try any benchmarks as it was a store unit. Call quality is good and sounds identical between the X and X2.

The only thing I don't like is that the camera shutter key is now gone. When you use the camera, it keeps trying to autofocus all the time, like on the HTC phones, or you can tap the screen to focus on an area. But you then have to tap the shutter icon to take the picture. This is why I like a real 2-stop camera shutter key, press half way to focus, then all the way to take the pic.

Feedback Score
    Might be off topic, but it would be nice if this was part of single forum for Droid X/X2, similarly if all the Droid 1/2/3 threads were part of a single forum for the Droids. I really liked the Droid X forum where one could post or look for information regarding just that phone.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Storm
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Just posted my review of the phone: http://cellphoneforums.net/cell-phon...x2-review.html

To me it just seems like a filler phone to show that Motorola/Verizon have a dual core phone. meh

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bharath23 View Post
    Might be off topic, but it would be nice if this was part of single forum for Droid X/X2, similarly if all the Droid 1/2/3 threads were part of a single forum for the Droids. I really liked the Droid X forum where one could post or look for information regarding just that phone.
    I've asked the other Mods about changing the "DROID X" subforum to "DROID X and X2".

Device(s)
    VZW Galaxy Nexus / Google Nexus 7
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve.G View Post
    Looking for a way to bypass the activation. Anyone have any ideas? 4 corners is not working.

The version of Blur on it appears consistent with the GB leaks that have been floating around. I'm excited to mess with it but cant get past the touch to activate screen.
    For those curious, pull the battery out and then power then phone back on. The moment the android appears, touch it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast