Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Motorola DROID X2 MB870 Release Thread

Carrier(s)
    All of them.
    Feedback Score
    If only it had 4G, I would buy one right now.
    Home ISP, RR-Ultimate WiFi, $90/mo | Verizon 4G LTE, $30/mo Unlimited

School, $5,000/semester | Work

Device(s)
    DROID X2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tavenger5 View Post
    Just posted my review of the phone: http://cellphoneforums.net/cell-phon...x2-review.html

To me it just seems like a filler phone to show that Motorola/Verizon have a dual core phone. meh
    yeah but the dual-core could be nice when the phone gets gingerbread.. and i know that since the phone is dual core, it shouldnt have problems running ice cream sandwich when that is released (assuming it gets the update)

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tavenger5 View Post
    Just posted my review of the phone: http://cellphoneforums.net/cell-phon...x2-review.html

To me it just seems like a filler phone to show that Motorola/Verizon have a dual core phone. meh
    Both the X and X2 have 8GB of internal memory. It just depends on how much of that is reserved (hidden). If you go into the settings menu, it should say how much is actually available. The X has about 6GB visible.

Also, if you recall the X did come with a 16GB card at launch, but about 6-7 months later they replaced it. Now it only has a 2GB card.
    =>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Storm
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy View Post
    Both the X and X2 have 8GB of internal memory. It just depends on how much of that is reserved (hidden). If you go into the settings menu, it should say how much is actually available. The X has about 6GB visible.

Also, if you recall the X did come with a 16GB card at launch, but about 6-7 months later they replaced it. Now it only has a 2GB card.
    That's the strange thing - I got the 4.3gb figure from the settings menu.

I didn't know that about the X - I got mine a couple months ago and it came with 16gb card.

Device(s)
    DROID X2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    my box came today with what was supposed to be the X2.. they sent me a droid X.
    i paid extra for overnight on a friday-saturday and they are still making me pay for the overnight even though they sent me the wrong phone.. so pretty much i paid $20 for overnight shipping for an incorrect phone and now I wont get the phone I want until tuesday or wednesday

Device(s)
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I ordered mine Thurs, and it's due to be here Monday (although FedEx has shown it sitting at the destination facility since Thursday evening).

I got this phone for one main reason: reception. I have an Inc, and since I moved a week ago (Midtown L.A.), I have to go outside my house to make a call. My bf's Env2 works fine inside, as does my cheapie Samsung (extra line). I read the X has the best reception amongst Verizon smartphones, so that narrowed it down for me. Hopefully the X2 will be as good.

Having said all that, did I make a mistake not getting a 4G phone? I'm assuming I'd get 4G service in the middle of LA. I've got to have a smartphone, and I'd prefer an android. And of course I don't want to have to go outside to actually make a call!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulo1300 View Post
    my box came today with what was supposed to be the X2.. they sent me a droid X.
    i paid extra for overnight on a friday-saturday and they are still making me pay for the overnight even though they sent me the wrong phone.. so pretty much i paid $20 for overnight shipping for an incorrect phone and now I wont get the phone I want until tuesday or wednesday
    I would fight that tooth and nail, it was there mistake, if that is what was shown on your order/invoice and they sent you the wrong product that's on them. Call and *****, but I wouldn't ever pay another time for overnight on their mistake.

Device(s)
    DROID X2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    haha i did, but they wont change it.. i still have the droid x right now.. cant decide between the X2 or the windows phone, or to just wait until the droid 3 comes out..

for those who bought it, how is the battery life on the X2? and how do you like it?

Device(s)
    LG Env Touch
    Carrier(s)
    verizon, sprint along time ago
    Feedback Score
    hey whats the correct photo size for custom wall papers for the droid x2?

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I just got the Droid X2 sent to me. I am using the same wallpaper (2592x1944) on it that I use on all my test phones, but noticed that on the X2 the image looks very pixelated (almost blurry) and there is noticeable color gradation in the sky (blue). Is there a reason why the X2 does this? I have the original Droid X with the Gingerbread .596 update, and it is fine with showing high-res wallpapers.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy View Post
    I just got the Droid X2 sent to me. I am using the same wallpaper (2592x1944) on it that I use on all my test phones, but noticed that on the X2 the image looks very pixelated (almost blurry) and there is noticeable color gradation in the sky (blue). Is there a reason why the X2 does this? I have the original Droid X with the Gingerbread .596 update, and it is fine with showing high-res wallpapers.
    Could be because of the PenTile LCD display used in the Droid X2 similar to the Atrix.

Device(s)
    LG Env Touch
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    LOL my bumpola ok guy whats the best resolution 800X600 640X480....? once I know that is just a simple image resize issue.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bharath23 View Post
    Could be because of the PenTile LCD display used in the Droid X2 similar to the Atrix.
    I don't think it's because of the PenTile screen, because when I view the image in the Gallery, it is OK. But once I select it as the wallpaper, it seems like it lowers the image resolution and where you can see color banding.
    This is the image that I use on all my test phones as the wallpaper:
    http://home.comcast.net/~fau23/749.jpg
    When using it as wallpaper on the X2, it shows color banding in the sky, but on the X you see a natural blue color transition in the sky.

Device(s)
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I've had my X2 since last Monday and I think I'm going to take it back. The camera has issues: the flash does not time right with the shutter so flash shots are impossible, and the camera has locked up several times, causing the phone to power itself off. The GPS lags a lot, random buttons (touchscreen) will not work, and the whole phone just seems laggy and unreliable.

I must have gotten a real lemon or I'm sure more whould have complained here...I'm actually surprised at the lack of comments on this phone in general. I miss my Incredible but it had poor reception in my house. X2 has no reception problems. Not sure what to get now.

Device(s)
    LG Env Touch
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    honestly so far I like this phone a lot its my 1st smart phone and the web experience is great but the phone isn't prefect sometimes the touch screen buttons are not as responsive as I like, the Bluetooth glitch were I can not lison v cast video/pod casts with a normal (moto h720) which work fine with my old evn touch and I had one hard freeze where I had to remove the battery to reset the phone. I happy with the speed of web at 3g speeds with this phone so if not droid x2 what else? The droid incredible 2 felt like cheap a plastic toy and reports of poor reception (home is in a so so Verizon area) and with out rooting the phone there seems to be absolutely no way to add custom ringtone or wallpapers with out a app(nice there are free apps that can handle that ) but why arent the ring tone and wallpaper files visible? and although I like physical qwerty keyboards Ive never been a fan of droid 2 cramped layout so waiting for the droid 3 isn't all that exciting decisions decisions . I've got till next Friday to decide to keep this phone I'm kind of mixed right now
    Last edited by bob1xxx; 06-05-2011 at 03:27 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast