Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: LG800G Bluetooth Pairing To PC

Feedback Score

LG800G Bluetooth Pairing To PC

Hello all,

Has anyone been able to pair their tracfone lg800g to their PC via bluetooth?

I have been able to successfully connect the phone to pc using usb cable.

I do have a 4gb micro sd card installed that is recognized when using the usb cable.

Bluetooth sees the phone but doesn't want to seem to connect to it.

Could the tracfone folks blocked the pairing to PC?

Thanks in advance

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    There is always the simple step of turning the phone off and back on. Did you configure the card in your phone?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    There is always the simple step of turning the phone off and back on. Did you configure the card in your phone?
    Thanks for the response. I did try the off/on step - no luck. What do you mean by "configure the card in your phone"?

I tried another blue tooth capable PC. Same result - the PC sees the phone but can interface with it.

I know it's something that I'm doing (or not doing). I need to keep working it.

Thanks for the help.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    See if the tutorial in this link can guide you through the process:
    http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/s...e=en_US&search

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    See if the tutorial in this link can guide you through the process:
    http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/s...e=en_US&search
    Thanks Tracfancier. I was able to pick up a few things from the tutorial link.

I've made some progress. I'm able to send from the PC to the phone.

However, connection fails when I attempt to send a file from the phone to the PC.

I need to keep working it!

Feedback Score
    If you still have problem transfer files between PC and your 800g, try OBEX commander (http://intradarma.com/OBEXCommander.html). On my Dell laptop, I have no issue pairing my Dell laptop with my 800g but I can't exchange files until I use OBEX Commander.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by newtoy1001 View Post
    If you still have problem transfer files between PC and your 800g, try OBEX commander (http://intradarma.com/OBEXCommander.html). On my Dell laptop, I have no issue pairing my Dell laptop with my 800g but I can't exchange files until I use OBEX Commander.
    I finally got the pairing working and I can send and receive files between the devices. Why and how it all of a sudden worked I don't know. But at this point, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Just for grins I installed OBEXCommander. It installed cleanly but when I went to bring it up I got the standard Windows XP msg "OBEX Commander has encountered a problem and needs to close".

I'll try it on another PC another time. Right now, what I need works!

Thanks tracfancier and newtoy1001 for the help and advice, I appreciate it.

Feedback Score

Bluetooth Service Support

I have been able to pair my Lg800G to Windows Vista via Bluetooth without any problems, but when I go into LG800G "Properties"/"Services" in my Windows Vista Bluetooth Device Panel, it doesn't show any available services...just a flashlight looking around for a second, then a blank list. I tried readding it several times, as well as turning it off and back on. I also transfered a file from Vista to the phone using the Bluetooth File Transfer Wizard in Vista. I can't seem to do anything else, though. There's a list of services in the phone for Bluetooth but they don't show up in the computer. I want to be able to view the 2Gb MicroSD card in the phone via Bluetooth like it's in the computer. Is this possible?

EDIT: I think I might be having a driver problem: http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-...vice-list.html

Feedback Score
    As my original post indicated, I had an initial problem pairing my 800G to my PC. Once I got it paired, I was able to do the standard bluetooth functions of sending and receiving files. So far, all is good between my lg800g and my winxp and vista PCs.

However, I'm hoping an expert chimes in on your question regarding bluetooth "exploring" capabilities. So far, the only way I can "explore" the MicroSD card is by using a cable between the phone and PC and then going into My Computer.

I'm not that familiar with bluetooth capabilities, but as I said, I hope someone more familiar contributes a
    post - or two :~)

Feedback Score

Yes, I have been able to pair my pc and my phone by bluetooth. I also can delete my PC from my mobile's device list so that I do not have to be concern about someone inadvertently having access to my PC. I also deactivate my Bluetooth on my phone. I re-pair as necessary and send files.

As for the rest of your inquiry, I am not sure what you want to do here.

It sounds like you are building up your inquires to find out whether or not you can access to the phone files other than what is on the memory card.

As far as I know usb cable was the way to go to investigate the mobile. Over the years manufactures have placed blocks to prevent access to the device. I don't know fully why this is. I can take a few guesses and so we all.

In order to access the phone, you need USB cable drivers and/or USB drivers to the model of phone. The cable must be USB data not a normal charging cable. There are data charging combos. There is one for LG on Amazon. LG drivers for the mobile are difficult to find. I'm still looking.

An exploring program like TKExplorer or Bitpim is often used. If you are able to bypass the blocks and make wrong alterations on purpose or by accident you can brick your phone and/or cause a tamper alert to Tracfone Wireless, Inc. resulting no service.

As an example someone Howardforum.com member flashed there LG 900g to LG GW300. GW300 is the parent model that was modified to LG 900g. As a result they could not use it with the Tracfone Inc. services.

With my previous phone using USB cable I was able to access unblocked portions of the phone. Eventually, I'll see if I can do it with LG 800g. Good to have alternative methods.

Quote Originally Posted by am1528 View Post
    Hello all,

I have been able to successfully connect the phone to pc using usb cable.

I do have a 4gb micro sd card installed that is recognized when using the usb cable.

Bluetooth sees the phone but doesn't want to seem to connect to it.

Could the tracfone folks blocked the pairing to PC?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Fireflyqn; 06-18-2011 at 08:47 PM.
    Real Life Dictionary: Cell Phone. A fancy term for mobile answering machine.

Phone
    LG 800G
    Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I've gotten it to work in about 5 minutes with out any guide.
    It's quite simple actually.
    Make sure your phone is on, and bluetooth is on. If any music is playing, turn it off because it interferes with the connection process.
    In your tray (on the right side of your task bar) there should be a bluetooth icon. Right click it and click add a bluetooth device. Select your LG 800G and go through the process. Your phone should be connected.
    To send or receive files, simply right click the bluetooth icon and select one of those options.
    FYI I am using Windows Vista.
    ebildude123 was here...

Feedback Score
    I've successfully paired my LG800G to my laptop. However, when I attempt to send a file from my PC to the phone, I get a 'Memory Full' error message on the phone even though 18,416kb of 'Internal Common Memory' is free.

Anyone else have this problem? Note: I do not have a micro SD card installed.

Phone
    LG 800G
    Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    To unbob:
    Maybe the file size is too big or you're looking at total used.

Feedback Score
    Well duh! I was trying to transfer a 28mb flac file - too big! Tried a 6mb file transfer with no problem - except it was very slow.

Anyone know the max size micro SD card the LG800G will accept?

Thx, Rob

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by unbob View Post
    Anyone know the max size micro SD card the LG800G will accept?
    In section 3.11 (Additional Features) of the LG 800g manual it says the device will accept a micro-SD memory card up to 4GB.

Adding files to your card: Check your mobile memory settings for connection to mass storage. If not connected turn the feature on.

I know its not mentioned in the materials we received, but have you tried using a card reader/writer to transfer your files? Its pretty quick---like near instant---for large files like video. I don't know if its quicker than USB cable on this mobile but its a good alternate. Just drag and drop.

If its a card new to the phone format it first in the phone. You should see some new files after you do the formatting.

Yes, for large files Bluetooth is painfully slow. It's quick for contacts and jpeg images (maxim transfer was around 400 kb) but video---way too slow. That when I went the card reader method.
    Last edited by Fireflyqn; 06-19-2011 at 10:02 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast